Thread: 5.4 Hunter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Im sticking to PvP discussion atm, Stampede isnt nearly as good as you think it is in PvP, its a screen filler yeah but its not doing that much damage.
    However, they do ruin lots of CCs. Try use a psyfiend with zoo up, and get a fear off on a player. Better yet psychic scream or void tendrils, that have target limit. It always wastes on the pets and not the melee player together with them -.-

They are not just there for the damage to be useful you know.

Pretty annoying readiness nerf from hunter's PoV but was well needed. So many games won with it (scatter, trap, clone, mighty bash, SilS, scatter, trap, clone) trololol get dunked in a 42 sec CC chain!

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    And remember, huntards don't have a "dead zone" anymore so now MM can spam w/e abilities they want regardless of range, and also stampede got nerfed countless times, the only reason people hate it currently is because of its "cluster" effect.
    You know, I definitely agree that 99% of the problem with Stampede right now (if it can even be considered a problem at all) is the clutter. The damage was perfectly fine even in arena back in 5.2; readiness was the problem and now that it's gone, the world MIGHT be a better place...loljk hunters getting blatantly overcompensated for the nerf. But stampede's clutter has absolutely NOTHING on the screen destroying effects of demo lock abilities and imp spam.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sticking to PvP discussion atm, Stampede isnt nearly as good as you think it is in PvP, its a screen filler yeah but its not doing that much damage.
    We don't need it to... We have enough damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what the hell are you getting at? I never said anywhere it had to be buffed. Your arguing with yourself right now.
    "Stampede isnt nearly as good as you think it is in PvP, its a screen filler yeah but its not doing that much damage."

I never said you think it should be buffed, I said we don't need it to big damage since we already have enough. I never mentioned the damage of Stampede. Then you accuse me of arguing with myself

Deleted
    Thats a L2P issue, dont use your fears in stupid situations. They last 20 seconds and have horrible path finding. If the hunter so much as glances away from the target they start doing a stupid start stop walk cycle around the room. Plus you waste 1-2 seconds at the start getting the pets to actually attack the target.
    It still prevents certain spells usage regardless of skill. Wasting the fear, or just not able to use it for stampedes duration results in the same outcome, so there's no "L2P" issue you can get to here. My spells were only examples aswell, i play a priest and i name how it affects me. There are most likely plenty more scenarios for other classes/specs where they affect gameplay by just being there, rather than it's damage.

I'd be ok with it doing 5.2 damage, so long as all the other aspects of clustering and prevention of spells would be taken away, IE it could be like a big fat DoT that's undispellable.

New PTR notes:

Deterrence now has a 3 minute cooldown (down from 2 minutes), but has 2 charges.
    Disengage now has a 20 second cooldown (down from 25 seconds).
    Readiness removed.
    Stampede pets do normal damage outside of instanced PvP, in instanced PvP they do 25% of normal damage (same as currently on live).

With this change it's possible to do back to back Deterrences every 3 minutes, instead of every 5 minutes. But you'll get less Deterrences overall, which sucks. It was nice to have a Deterrence every minute in PvE (I'd be able to avoid every cast of Quills on Ji-Kun for instance (on top of avoiding Caw) and completely negating the Jin'Rokh debuff on heroic).
    The lower cooldown on Disengage is good news for hunters, and I'll love having a 10 second Disengage in PvE (with Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera). It does mean the Disengage root is gonna happen more often.

The patchnote on Stampede just shows how terrible of a CD Stampede is currently. It's the same as having one extra pet for 20 seconds that doesn't have basic attacks, can't use Kill Command, can't use any special abilities and isn't affected by Bestial Wrath.

WRONG, i actually find MM is be a very viable spec, they hit like a truck and the fact that they get silencing shot is a scary thought.

Huntards in general are just full out op, and the new thing they are doing makes hunter class so easy to play now (2 charges on a 1 min detterence means 2 bubbles in 2 min, how op is that??)
    Because every hunter spec is scary compared to other classes lets nerf em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jfk View Post
    Because every hunter spec is scary compared to other classes lets nerf em.
    BM is a 5.0 arms warrior, just ranged. Yes, it's damn OP and scary, especially if you happen to play a melee class that never gets to touch a BM huntard.

Quote Originally Posted by greyarrow View Post
    I agree. i say ditch PVP altogether. it just ruins my game having to deal with A-holes and their Epeens.
    Last time I checked this was the PvP forum you are posting on.

I only do PvP and for me guys like you are (fruitlessly) trying to ruin my experience playing the game. Please show more respect for other players even if they don't go for the same things in the game.

On topic: hunters are extremely potent currently in PvP and with 5.4 my opinion is they will definitely be stronger than now, although not by a huge margin.

Don't listen to all the nubs who got used to the OP play by hitting 3 buttons and then sitting in 2x Deterrence while their opponents are killed without even having the option to retaliate. They will actually have to learn to (somewhat) play now, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Nah, you just wasted your time PVPing in the first place. The heart and soul of WoW is PVE, PVP is just a sideshow that ended up getting way too much focus and attention.
    Subjective much? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    Last time I checked this was the PvP forum you are posting on.

I only do PvP and for me guys like you are (fruitlessly) trying to ruin my experience playing the game. Please show more respect for other players even if they don't go for the same things in the game.

On topic: hunters are extremely potent currently in PvP and with 5.4 my opinion is they will definitely be stronger than now, although not by a huge margin.

Don't listen to all the nubs who got used to the OP play by hitting 3 buttons and then sitting in 2x Deterrence while their opponents are killed without even having the option to retaliate. They will actually have to learn to (somewhat) play now, that's all.
    What pet can kill someone during my deterance i must have tamed wrong one! LOL You need to get back to reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hunter hate. It's sickening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    go play a real class, not one where the computer does 90% of your damage while you afk

mostly because people don't like dying to uncounterable s keying retards.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

What's sickening is the story of MoP BM hunters. Rogues and warriors were both (too) strong for one patch before being overnerfed to bottom-of-the-barrel status. Hunters have had several adjustments intended to nerf them, but are inexplicably compensated and as a result have actually become more powerful with each patch. There are hunters out there playing at 2200 rating for their first time that couldn't aim a trap to save their life. It's disgusting, and it shouldn't come as a surprise that pvpers harbor resentment to the class as a result.

Deleted
    WRONG, i actually find MM is be a very viable spec, they hit like a truck and the fact that they get silencing shot is a scary thought.

Huntards in general are just full out op, and the new thing they are doing makes hunter class so easy to play now (2 charges on a 1 min detterence means 2 bubbles in 2 min, how op is that??)
    ^Probably plays a mage.

2 ice block, 2 paladin bubbles how op is that.
    just make debuff for 20-30 sec to prevent using double deterrence in row

Deleted
    Ok, fine, since Blizzard is obviously clueless and unwilling to nerf BM hunter pvp, I will have to roll a huntard as a main alt for pvp, which will definitely cause hunters to get nerfed within a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Ok, fine, since Blizzard is obviously clueless and unwilling to nerf BM hunter pvp, I will have to roll a huntard as a main alt for pvp, which will definitely cause hunters to get nerfed within a few weeks.
    Are you fucking all out brain dead? Hunter's get nerfed like bi-weekly, lol.