Do you feel that the value of disarm has decreased in MoP?

Or is it just me?

During Cataclysm it seemed like a majority of the Warriors, Paladins, and Death Knights I came across never had weapon chains which obviously bumped up the duration of the disarm affect. This isn't the case in current MoP, which is understandable, but the problem I've noticed is now when I disarm another player, it doesn't even seem to slow their DPS down.

DKs, Rets, and ENH continue nuking with spells, and doing absurd damage. Rogues can still throw Shurikens, and Monks and Ferals don't really seem to care about being disarmed at all. Disarming a Hunter doesn't seem to matter at all because his pet is still beating you up pretty bad, and disarm no longer affects deterrence. I don't know what Warriors do when disarmed, but it seems like they have a few short CDs which allow them to continue DPSing without having a weapon equipped.

Of course Ring of Peace on the other hand does feel really strong because of it's short CD, and how easy it is to apply. It can be very difficult to burst against a Monk team because of the fact that RoP is on a much shorter CD than almost every melee classes burst abilities.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-06-29 at 06:23 AM.

I've noticed it's pretty good to prevent Blood DK healing, not much else though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    It might no longer be a complete shutdown of any melee class, but it's still a way to reduce their damage.
    The classes least affected by disarms would be Monks and Feral druid, since they can still use all their abilities. However, during the disarm they lose all the stats from their weapons, including weapon damage, which is a big damage decrease.

So yeah, the value might have decreased with time as new abilities were added, but it's still a useful defensive tool.

Deleted
    No monk uses his abilities during disarm since the damage is lowered by ~90%. A monk (my main) will kite, cc, healing sphere or jab during disarms. Many monks also don't use a weapon chain since most go double dancing steel. Disarming a monk when he popped CDs is pretty much GG tigereye stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstalkerr View Post
    No monk uses his abilities during disarm since the damage is lowered by ~90%. A monk (my main) will kite, cc, healing sphere or jab during disarms. Many monks also don't use a weapon chain since most go double dancing steel. Disarming a monk when he popped CDs is pretty much GG tigereye stacks.
    why dont monks use weapon chain then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Disarm is still powerful against Warriors, Rogues and DK's. You can pretty much destroy a Warriors burst with a disarm, counter Shadow Dance with a Disarm and prevent the DK from stacking Necrotic Strike with a disarm. Disarm is very frustrating in 2's when you're playing either one of those classes against a similar comp.

Although, I've fought many Warriors and Rogues who don't disarm/dismantle. It's pretty sad sometimes its like they don't even have it on their bars or just forget to use it.

Disarm a rogue on blades and you'll ruin his day. Some in 2's will even trinket the disarm to keep pressure high at which point they eat a full stun and can't do anything always.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its stronger.

Hunters OP, Disarm works on hunters.
    Rogue, never really did shit anyway, as it was dodged 45% of the time
    DK, just spammed spells for the duration
    Enh, see above, but any effect it did have is better now as the spec is more viable.
    Feral, lolz
    Rets werent really great in Cata, better now IMO, so Disarm is move valuable.
    Wars, exactly the same as cata, same effect, same overnerfed into the shit pile balancing.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Sadly disarm does shit all on the hunter spec that's op, bm, as disarming the hunter stops none of the damage from malevolent gladiator mittens.
    it does affect MM/sv though.

Deleted
    Speaking as a ret disarm doesn't really bother me anymore, the rare times it does happen these days I can kite, judge, exorcism, prism or even cast a quick heal to see me through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    why dont monks use weapon chain then?
    Double dancing steel is superior and we can still selfheal and cc. Only our dmg is close to zero.

I barely noticed the changes