Thread: 5.4 Hunter?

Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    5.4 Hunter?

    I don't read patch notes much cause I'm not sure how much some things affect stuff. I just leveled my hunter to 90 for PVP. I love to pvp on him, but I stopped at the end of cata cause no one was taking hunters. Now I was gonna play him again but all I see is ppl saying hunters will be nerfed in 5.4. Did I just waste my time leveling him for pvp?
    I'm the minister of mistakes. I'm the shaman of sh*tstorms. If there was a f**k-up pope. I'd have a 3 foot hat!

  2. #2
    Nah, you just wasted your time PVPing in the first place. The heart and soul of WoW is PVE, PVP is just a sideshow that ended up getting way too much focus and attention.

  3. #3
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Hunters are still ridiculously op in 5.4.

  4. #4
    5.3 bm hunter has silencing shot, 5.4 bm hunter has interrupt + another instant cc.

  5. #5
    Only thing hunters lost is double BW. Way way not enough of a nerf to bring them down amongst us mortals.

  6. #6
    huntards will be even more op in 5.4, they are getting minor nerfs and huge buffs

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    huntards will be even more op in 5.4, they are getting minor nerfs and huge buffs
    Readiness is gone next patch, meaning no double CCs and, depending on which route the devs take, no double Deterrence. The instant CC chain of Scatter -> Trap -> Silencing Shot will only be available to Marksman (the weakest hunter spec at the moment).

    Of course they can't remove Readiness without buffing elsewhere (not sure where you are getting these huge buffs from), hunters are already middle of the pack DPS-wise in PvE. At least they were smart enough to have Stampede behave differently in PvP, because after the nerf it was a very lackluster cooldown in PvE.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Marksman (the weakest hunter spec at the moment).
    WRONG, i actually find MM is be a very viable spec, they hit like a truck and the fact that they get silencing shot is a scary thought.

    Huntards in general are just full out op, and the new thing they are doing makes hunter class so easy to play now (2 charges on a 1 min detterence means 2 bubbles in 2 min, how op is that??)

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Readiness is gone next patch, meaning no double CCs and, depending on which route the devs take, no double Deterrence. The instant CC chain of Scatter -> Trap -> Silencing Shot will only be available to Marksman (the weakest hunter spec at the moment).

    Of course they can't remove Readiness without buffing elsewhere (not sure where you are getting these huge buffs from), hunters are already middle of the pack DPS-wise in PvE. At least they were smart enough to have Stampede behave differently in PvP, because after the nerf it was a very lackluster cooldown in PvE.
    Deterrence and Disengage will have 2 charges so yes, still double deterrence, it's just that you won't need to use Readiness to clear the cd.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    WRONG, i actually find MM is be a very viable spec, they hit like a truck and the fact that they get silencing shot is a scary thought.

    Huntards in general are just full out op, and the new thing they are doing makes hunter class so easy to play now (2 charges on a 1 min detterence means 2 bubbles in 2 min, how op is that??)
    MM is worse than BM because when getting trained you don't have an OP mob that does your damage for you while you need only to avoid damage, preferably by sitting in double deterrence while a zoo eats up your enemies, like all "skilled" huntards.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    MM is worse than BM because when getting trained you don't have an OP mob that does your damage for you while you need only to avoid damage, preferably by sitting in double deterrence while a zoo eats up your enemies, like all "skilled" huntards.
    Well, i consider MM is be similar to unholy (the fact that unholy takes skill and frost dks just spam 100k obliterates all day) but its still a viable spec and personally i hate having to play a no skill spec.

    And remember, huntards don't have a "dead zone" anymore so now MM can spam w/e abilities they want regardless of range, and also stampede got nerfed countless times, the only reason people hate it currently is because of its "cluster" effect.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2013-07-14 at 08:52 PM.

  11. #11
    Hunters have essentially been gutted of all their burst, they are still a ranged melee so they have power in instant attacks from distance on the move, but in 5.4 there is no dps cd reset on readiness and stampede against anyone worth anything in pvp is a joke with only plain melee attacks each swings 15 times for around 800-1200 a hit. A stampede unimpeded by cc or defensive cds (pretty rarely does this happen) will avg 60 hits at 1k a hit even if every single hit were to crit it would still be among the worst 5min cds in the game. For everything in between expect the same hunter running around being a nuisance without the big readiness cc chain. Though they are among the worst in pve and by far the worst pure dps in pve so expect to see more damage on them before 5.4 goes live

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Deterrence and Disengage will have 2 charges so yes, still double deterrence, it's just that you won't need to use Readiness to clear the cd.

    - - - Updated - - -



    MM is worse than BM because when getting trained you don't have an OP mob that does your damage for you while you need only to avoid damage, preferably by sitting in double deterrence while a zoo eats up your enemies, like all "skilled" huntards.
    Last I checked they weren't certain on how they were going to handle Deterrence and Disengage. They mentioned simply giving them a lower cooldown, or with charges. Personally I hope they go for the lower cooldown version. Double Deterrence is too annoying, same with double Disengage when talented for the root.

    Damage output from a BM hunter is cut by more than half while in Deterrence. The main pet only uses basic and auto attacks (Kill Command can't be used while Deterrenced) and Stampede pets only do auto attacks. Without the hunter attacking you also lose out on Cobra Strikes (guaranteed crits for Basic attacks) and Go for the Throat.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by puremyth View Post
    Hunters have essentially been gutted of all their burst, they are still a ranged melee so they have power in instant attacks from distance on the move, but in 5.4 there is no dps cd reset on readiness and stampede against anyone worth anything in pvp is a joke with only plain melee attacks each swings 15 times for around 800-1200 a hit. A stampede unimpeded by cc or defensive cds (pretty rarely does this happen) will avg 60 hits at 1k a hit even if every single hit were to crit it would still be among the worst 5min cds in the game. For everything in between expect the same hunter running around being a nuisance without the big readiness cc chain. Though they are among the worst in pve and by far the worst pure dps in pve so expect to see more damage on them before 5.4 goes live
    I'm all for giving hunters more dps even though I play a monk but the truth is that hunters have too much dps in pvp atm while also having extremely good defenses and mobility, particularly against melee. Sure, more burst, ok, but let's get rid of something from the defense/mobility department.

    Examples:
    Deterrence cancelled if disarmed, just like warrior's retaliation.
    No more webs when disengaging, talent.
    Master's call removed.

    I'm not saying all of this, just one or something.

  14. #14
    I had to laugh at what you wrote because it's so self serving:
    1 - Deterrence cancelled if disarmed, just like a warrior's retaliation - plays right into your ranged disarm, huh?
    2 - No more webs when disengaging talent - must get annoying to be rooted?
    3 - Master's Call removed - so that darned hunter will have a hard time getting away from Fists of Fury?

    Monks have the best mobility of any melee, and if a hunter doesn't have several defensive abilities available should honestly be an easy kill for a skilled WW monk.
    While we're calling for nerfs, I say get rid of Healing Sphere for any spec except Mistweaver!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvulf View Post
    I had to laugh at what you wrote because it's so self serving:
    1 - Deterrence cancelled if disarmed, just like a warrior's retaliation - plays right into your ranged disarm, huh?
    2 - No more webs when disengaging talent - must get annoying to be rooted?
    3 - Master's Call removed - so that darned hunter will have a hard time getting away from Fists of Fury?

    Monks have the best mobility of any melee, and if a hunter doesn't have several defensive abilities available should honestly be an easy kill for a skilled WW monk.
    While we're calling for nerfs, I say get rid of Healing Sphere for any spec except Mistweaver!
    You must not be playing BM. Also BM pet autoattack > healing sphere heal. Fat chance of los-ing the hunter and healing behind a pillar with a mob eating you alive while the huntard is fapping in some corner waiting for you to die.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I'm all for giving hunters more dps even though I play a monk but the truth is that hunters have too much dps in pvp atm while also having extremely good defenses and mobility, particularly against melee. Sure, more burst, ok, but let's get rid of something from the defense/mobility department.

    Examples:
    Deterrence cancelled if disarmed, just like warrior's retaliation.
    No more webs when disengaging, talent.
    Master's call removed.

    I'm not saying all of this, just one or something.
    You are just looking for hunters to be free kills, asking for any of that being removed from a class that who's only defense(that isn't attempting a counter cc to buy your healer time) is deterrence and only mobility being masters call and disengage
    This from a class sporting Tigers lust(run speed + root and snare break) pvp gloves giving roll and serpent kick snare break, diffuse magic, zen med, fort brew, touch of karma, transcendence to LoS, then on top of that defense and mobility- having counters to our defense and mobility with leg sweep or charging ox, grapple weapon, fists of fury, 20 yd paralysis, disable to root, flying tiger to catch us, spinning fire blossom for a small ranged root.

    You must not be playing BM. Also BM pet autoattack > healing sphere heal. Fat chance of los-ing the hunter and healing behind a pillar with a mob eating you alive while the huntard is fapping in some corner waiting for you to die.
    Need to brush up on your skills, slap the pet around a bit if it is LoS from the hunter, it only has 275k hp, toss a chi wave, rising sun kick and catch it in a fist of fury and watch it die like every half decent monk does if I try to do that with my pet.
    Last edited by puremyth; 2013-07-14 at 09:50 PM.

  17. #17
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,283
    Deterrence is gone, Stampede is useless, blink strikes are almost useless, burst has been severely reduced. What - fucking - more - do - you - mindless - PvPers - want.

    PLEASE tell me? Im fucking curious as to what you can find a problem with next!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    You must not be playing BM. Also BM pet autoattack > healing sphere heal. Fat chance of los-ing the hunter and healing behind a pillar with a mob eating you alive while the huntard is fapping in some corner waiting for you to die.
    I can confirm and vouch for this. Healing sphere costs all damage and heals for shit. I can't turtle a BM in a 1v1, i just die behind the pillar to his pet, even though playing 100% defensively at the moment.

    Now while those nerfs would serve a ww good or not, it would serve good for any melee, thats what nerfs do. Obviously as you said, yeah it serves monks best because they are most mobile, but if you counter the most mobile melee, how hard arent you countering all the other melee then? It's suposed to be a struggle against the most counterclass melee.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by puremyth View Post
    You are just looking for hunters to be free kills, asking for any of that being removed from a class that who's only defense(that isn't attempting a counter cc to buy your healer time) is deterrence and only mobility being masters call and disengage
    This from a class sporting Tigers lust(run speed + root and snare break) pvp gloves giving roll and serpent kick snare break, diffuse magic, zen med, fort brew, touch of karma, transcendence to LoS, then on top of that defense and mobility- having counters to our defense and mobility with leg sweep or charging ox, grapple weapon, fists of fury, 20 yd paralysis, disable to root, flying tiger to catch us, spinning fire blossom for a small ranged root.
    Diffuse magic does nothing vs. hunters. Also, most pvp monks take healing elixirs.
    Zen meditation does nothing vs. hunters and is also instantly cancelled if the monk is hit by a melee attack, like from a pet.
    Touch of Karma double dips in resilience (meaning the damage you deal to the monk is 1st mitigated by the monk's resilience and the damage being reflected to you is mitigated by your own resilience), also ToK only absorbs an amount of damage equal to the monk's health pool, meaning if the monk is being wailed on by 2 dps, ToK lasts 3 secs.
    Transcendences to los does little when the BM hunter's pet hits as hard as a healing sphere can heal.

    Hunters don't have mobility ?! Disengage + roots, master's call (though lots of hunters don't even have it on their actionbars it seems, not like it's mandatory anyway), deterrence, BW, scatter shot, pet stun/sleep. By the time I wade through all that crap, disengage is off cd again.

  20. #20
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Deterrence is gone, Stampede is useless, blink strikes are almost useless, burst has been severely reduced. What - fucking - more - do - you - mindless - PvPers - want.

    PLEASE tell me? Im fucking curious as to what you can find a problem with next!
    Stampede is being buffed to be one of the strongest cd's in the game for PvE. Stop showing mindless bias and being clueless about PvP. Yes, PvP is affecting PvE for Hunters, but it also works vice verca. Don't blame PvPers when it's Blizzard's fault for not separating (already said this a million times).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •