Thread: 5.4 Hunter?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    hunters seem ok on the ptr... dangerous but not gods like they were in 3s.

ps; this is a pretty biased thread.. if you dont fkn know and haven't played arena in ptr.. arena... then kindly stfu because you don't know what talking about and it's going to rile people up.

world pvp is not a good gauge for balance atm.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-16 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    hunters seem ok on the ptr... dangerous but not gods like they were in 3s.
    Does the PTR reflect the incoming buffs to "things like KC"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volant View Post
    Does the PTR reflect the incoming buffs to "things like KC"?
    kill command buff? iuno i don't watch their notes man i just play 2's and 3's and i know how it feels relative to live.. and its ALOT better.

don't get me wrong.. i dont like the way the class plays [specific BM] and it has too many things that i feel like are retarded; but it's better on the ptr than it is on live.. more people are playing MM etc. they arent that bad in a controlled game.

all i'm saying.

EDIT- oh you said incoming, like you want to speculate on a buff that hasn't happened yet? that's retarded, man.
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2013-07-16 at 03:23 PM.

kill command buff? iuno i don't watch their notes man i just play 2's and 3's and i know how it feels relative to live.. and its ALOT better.

don't get me wrong.. i dont like the way the class plays [specific BM] and it has too many things that i feel like are retarded; but it's better on the ptr than it is on live.. more people are playing MM etc. they arent that bad in a controlled game.

all i'm saying.

EDITI- oh you said incoming like you want to speculate on a buff that hasn't happened yet. that's retarded, man.
    I hear ya, and I love your feedback. I'm sorry if my post came off as being antagonistic. The removal of readiness has GC talking about incoming buffs to certain things like KC he said. With a note to "things like" which means we may see some things like aimedS buffs or Chimera buffs, who knows. I particularly would love to main an MM hunter in 2s and 3s again. If we "aren't bad in a controlled game" currently, then perhaps MM with a buff or two could really be the bees knees in a few months. I'm a patient optimist!

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear ya, and I love your feedback. I'm sorry if my post came off as being antagonistic. The removal of readiness has GC talking about incoming buffs to certain things like KC he said. With a note to "things like" which means we may see some things like aimedS buffs or Chimera buffs, who knows. I particularly would love to main an MM hunter in 2s and 3s again. If we "aren't bad in a controlled game" currently, then perhaps MM with a buff or two could really be the bees knees in a few months. I'm a patient optimist!
    well it wasnt really detailed feedback tbh but thanks..lol. i don't really get into depth if i don't play the class.

i'd say about 75% of the hunters i've played in 3s are running BM so that seems to be slowly changing at least.. about 95% in 2s but that's whatever [thats down from 100% and 100%].

Detailed, No. Helping my restless mind while my benched hunter sits waiting patiently while I level my ele sham? Yes!

I hope they make Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera reduce the charge cooldown on deterrence by 1 minute so it becomes equal to before. It's pretty useless tbh, if it only affects disengage. (pve pov)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by puremyth View Post
    You are just looking for hunters to be free kills, asking for any of that being removed from a class that who's only defense(that isn't attempting a counter cc to buy your healer time) is deterrence and only mobility being masters call and disengage
    This from a class sporting Tigers lust(run speed + root and snare break) pvp gloves giving roll and serpent kick snare break, diffuse magic, zen med, fort brew, touch of karma, transcendence to LoS, then on top of that defense and mobility- having counters to our defense and mobility with leg sweep or charging ox, grapple weapon, fists of fury, 20 yd paralysis, disable to root, flying tiger to catch us, spinning fire blossom for a small ranged root.

Need to brush up on your skills, slap the pet around a bit if it is LoS from the hunter, it only has 275k hp, toss a chi wave, rising sun kick and catch it in a fist of fury and watch it die like every half decent monk does if I try to do that with my pet.
    Pretty hilarious coming from the most OP PvP class in the game right now. Are you seriously saying that WW monks have it better than huntards right now?! Any half dead paraplegic monkey with Parkinsons playing a Huntard would decimate a WW Monk.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    Pretty hilarious coming from the most OP PvP class in the game right now. Are you seriously saying that WW monks have it better than huntards right now?! Any half dead paraplegic monkey with Parkinsons playing a Huntard would decimate a WW Monk.
    I can vouch for that. I can more or less beat all classes in 1v1 except frost mages and BM huntards, and I can at least make the mage work for his kill. But when it comes to the huntard...NO.FUCKING.WAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    How does being a paraplegic make playing wow more difficult?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I can vouch for that. I can more or less beat all classes in 1v1 except frost mages and BM huntards, and I can at least make the mage work for his kill. But when it comes to the huntard...NO.FUCKING.WAY.
    Bad player is bad? I don't think nerfs are going to help you.

Deleted

Bad player is bad? I don't think nerfs are going to help you.
    Yeah, I'm bad. I'm bad for nothing 2 mil HP to survive through BW while the huntard sits in Deterrence. Ok, he's out of deterrence and I managed to survive, now to do some dam...wait...he disengaged and I'm webbed. No problem Tiger's Lust out of web. Time to do some dam...ah, Scatter Shot. No point using trinket now. Now I'm trapped. Ok, now I use trinket. Time to do some dam...ah, pet stun/sleep. Ok, I'll just wait it out. Now, he's out of tric...ah, Disengage and web is up again and my Tiger's Lust is on cd. I'll just Paralyse him. Crap Paralyse only lasts 4 sec and web lasts 8. Ok, ok, I'll use Touch of Karm and healing spheres. Yeah, I got back some hp, time to do some dam... Ah, disengage and web again. I'll just sit here while he nukes me.
    Hey, at least he didn't open from camo with Power Shot and didn't use Readiness either, he wanted to at least keep things interesting.

I'm bad, I'm so horribly bad. Hunters are fine.

Nah, you're the one who is terribad if you can't beat a monk as a huntard.
    Last edited by mmocac5c98d50e; 2013-07-16 at 07:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'm bad. I'm bad for nothing 2 mil HP to survive through BW while the huntard sits in Deterrence. Ok, he's out of deterrence and I managed to survive, now to do some dam...wait...he disengaged and I'm webbed. No problem Tiger's Lust out of web. Time to do some dam...ah, Scatter Shot. No point using trinket now. Now I'm trapped. Ok, now I use trinket. Time to do some dam...ah, pet stun/sleep. Ok, I'll just wait it out. Now, he's out of tric...ah, Disengage and web is up again and my Tiger's Lust is on cd. I'll just Paralyse him. Crap Paralyse only lasts 4 sec and web lasts 8. Ok, ok, I'll use Touch of Karm and healing spheres. Yeah, I got back some hp, time to do some dam... Ah, disengage and web again. I'll just sit here while he nukes me.
    Hey, at least he didn't open from camo with Power Shot and didn't use Readiness either, he wanted to at least keep things interesting.

I'm bad, I'm so horribly bad. Hunters are fine.

Nah, you're the one who is terribad if you can't beat a monk as a huntard.
    game isn't balanced around 1v1.. complaining you get countered by a class when you counter other classes and calling people bad etc doesn't make much sense really.

i have a feeling most of whats said in this thread is coming from 1v1 situations. :/

Deleted
    game isn't balanced around 1v1.. complaining you get countered by a class when you counter other classes and calling people bad etc doesn't make much sense really.

i have a feeling most of whats said in this thread is coming from 1v1 situations. :/
    Only answering to the post that claimed I'm bad because I can't beat huntards when huntards counter monks hard, as well as many other classes and specs and, good ones, not bads, can even do 1v2 arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    mages locks rogues dominate pvp since pvp was born in wow no one bats and eye
    other classes start coming up.........AND THEN EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS!!
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    mages locks rogues dominate pvp since pvp was born in wow no one bats and eye
    other classes start coming up.........AND THEN EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MINDS!!
    Mages and rogues are pretty average these days and locks are beatable by any melee who is not completely clueless. Hunters, on the other hand, are completely out of control in both arena and 1v1. Any team with a hunter in it in 2s and 3s will walk all over the opposition. Wanna talk huntard/ret, huntard/disc in 2s and how they faceroll everything ?! Wanna talk huntard/disc/random in 3s ?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This is why I cant even be fucked arguing on the hunter forums anymore, 90% of the posts are stupid comments like this, that would get insta banned if you said it on the mage forums.

People as per usual, are overreacting and dont understand the class in the slightest. Knee jerk nerfs have been flying out in every direction. They FINALLY listened and removed readiness the ACTUAL problem with BM. But not before they changed and removed dozens of other spells. They are just shit at doing anything when it comes to hunters, but the community is even worse, just fuck off if you dont know what your talking about. "X class is OP NERF" isnt feedback.
    I played huntard this patch, I quit because I got bored of my pet shitting on kids even when I was very undergeared. Huntards need some meaningful nerfs, not nerf 1 thing 5% then buff another 30% to compensate

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages and rogues are pretty average these days and locks are beatable by any melee who is not completely clueless. Hunters, on the other hand, are completely out of control in both arena and 1v1. Any team with a hunter in it in 2s and 3s will walk all over the opposition. Wanna talk huntard/ret, huntard/disc in 2s and how they faceroll everything ?! Wanna talk huntard/disc/random in 3s ?!
    Im just saying its interesting when people said mage/healer/x and its auto win no one cared, people bitched but it was nbd. once other classes took the place of the usual dominant classes in pvp since pvp was pvp in wow its a crisis. HOOOO MAN Ive never seen this level of forum activity in a long time.

@Illiterate you know its going to end up that way. Just like mages remember when people complained about getting ice lance raped so what did blizzard do? Ice Lance nerfed by 20% Frost Bolt buffed by 25. Expect it
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they're so dumb they play via riverdancing on their keyboard, Duh! How did you not know this?!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

oh definately 5.4 hunter ftw