Thread: heroic hc mode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    If we were 25 man we would probably still be working on lei shen heroic, I kinda wish our gm stayed 25 man because its kinda boring clearing everything in 1 night now.
    Outgearing bosses like DA 10m and Lei Shen 10m with 25m Heroic TF gear sure is challenging.
    Last edited by Snuzzfizzle; 2013-07-16 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Outgearing bosses like DA 10m and Lei Shen 10m with 25m Heroic TF gear sure is challenging.
    Maybe if they dropped their TF gear and brought in those 5 people they dropped to one raid, it might pose more of a challenge for them.

yep tot hc is complete faceroll, still im sure nobody of you here have 13/13

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    I actually did clear it, and quite a while ago. I just am getting tired of 25man geared groups taking their top 10 ppl and commenting how faceroll 10 man is.

With the 5.3 Tranq/Divine Hymn/Revival changes 25m TOT is pretty much objectively easier than 10m.

Also LOL @ people dropping to 10 from 25 after months of gearing in 25 then declaring it "easy" when the 10m raid they form is probably 5-6 total ilvl higher than it would be, with lots of the "low" drop chance items that 10m never even see.

Though for what it is worth I do think Animus and Lei Shen are harder on 25 than 10, but those are pretty much the only two bosses you can say that. And it's mostly because you can't even have one derp... something that most 25s have many of that they've been carrying. All but the most serious of serious hardcore 25s have multiple chars that really have no business in the guild and that couldn't even come close to slotting in a serious 10m.
    Last edited by ThePlanckEnergy; 2013-07-16 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    We're clearing the place in roughly 3 hours.

It is faceroll these days, indeed.

We're clearing the place in roughly 3 hours.

It is faceroll these days, indeed.
    Your Paladin has an overall item level of 548. Heroic Lei-Shen drops are 535 on heroic and 541 on heroic thunderforged. This means that your character outgears the best possible loot that could drop by an average of 7 item levels. If you would like to make it a little less "faceroll", then you could do yourself and your guildmates a favor by removing your legendary cloak, legendary metagem, and petitioning a GM to reduce your double-upgraded items to their original state without Valor compensation.

To sit here and imply that overgeared, already cleared content should somehow be fresh and difficult is absolutely asinine. You've put in the time to learn the encounters and need exactly zero more items to drop in order to prepare you for the next tier.

Oh, and yes (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Lumas/simple), I've also cleared 13/13. Just in case you wanted to pull that "lolurbad" card.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heroic heroic mode? Dafuq
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Heroic HC sounds more like a Heroic Hardcore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Nirse View Post
    Heroic HC sounds more like a Heroic Hardcore :P
    If your character dies you have to reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by bclumas View Post
    Your Paladin has an overall item level of 548. Heroic Lei-Shen drops are 535 on heroic and 541 on heroic thunderforged. This means that your character outgears the best possible loot that could drop by an average of 7 item levels. If you would like to make it a little less "faceroll", then you could do yourself and your guildmates a favor by removing your legendary cloak, legendary metagem, and petitioning a GM to reduce your double-upgraded items to their original state without Valor compensation.

To sit here and imply that overgeared, already cleared content should somehow be fresh and difficult is absolutely asinine. You've put in the time to learn the encounters and need exactly zero more items to drop in order to prepare you for the next tier.

Oh, and yes (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l/Lumas/simple), I've also cleared 13/13. Just in case you wanted to pull that "lolurbad" card.
    Oh, you must have misunderstood me. I'm not arguing. I'm well aware of the fact that we're heavily outgearing the content.
    All I'm saying is that due to the LMG, legendary cloak, TF and item upgrades, the overall difficulty of ToT isn't nearly 'high' enough.

You can outgear the raid way too easily and this makes raiding too easy and unfulfilling. Raiding once a week for roughly three hours is pretty boring.
    That's all I'm trying to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    If your character dies you have to reroll.
    a heroic hardcore raid would be insane in wow. like if you die your dead forever like in d3. tank gets 1 shot, HEARTHING ffffff
    Hi

Oh, you must have misunderstood me. I'm not arguing. I'm well aware of the fact that we're heavily outgearing the content.
    All I'm saying is that due to the LMG, legendary cloak, TF and item upgrades, the overall difficulty of ToT isn't nearly 'high' enough.

You can outgear the raid way too easily and this makes raiding too easy and unfulfilling. Raiding once a week for roughly three hours is pretty boring.
    Find something else to do maybe? Another game, go outside, take a jog if you are playing a game that is unfulfilling I find it a little sad that you continue to do it week after week. Take a break till the next patch.

If they balanced the overall difficulty of content around people vastly outgearing it, then nobody would get get past the bosses in the first place. Listen to what you are saying.

There is an extremely fine line between killable and impossible when it comes to progressing with normal levels of gear, it is simply not possible to balance a boss to the degree that it is still very challenging once you outgear it.

So you want a heroic heroic mode? Okay, so what about once you've got the best gear from that too, want a heroic heroic heroic mode to keep things challenging still? And then what about when you've got bis from that and it's no longer challenging.. it's an infinite loop. If you have cleared 13/13 ages ago and have 548-550 ilvl, you are done with this tier, move along and wait for the next one.

Blizzard is not and will never design an entire difficulty that only caters to a few hundred of their several million raiding players.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

You can make a harcore heroic mode by scaling the itemlevels like they do in battlegrounds. Just but every gear at 502 and then make encounters nearly impossible, and ofc with no reward other than something visual. Basically challenge mode for raiding, without being able to cheese with gear.
    But guess what, nobody would do that, because content at low levels was too hard. Gearing up is just so damn fast now, that when you reach the later bosses, you're like above the itemlevel the bosses are tuned around. (at least in 25 man or even worst in 25m downgrading to 10m)