Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    It's pretty easy to tank now, shouldn't be aoe threat issues. Take 5 minutes to understand tanking mechanics of your class, active mitigation timing might be the mark of an experienced tank, but threat really isn't much of an issue.
    True but being useless tends to make people feel bad. So if a tank joins a group and the dps pulls and the fucker just doesn't die because the healer is very good and the mobs don't do much damage unless they gang up (not like in TBC, THOSE were actual heroics, baby!) and they keep going, then it's obvious the tank players will feel bad and guess who is the reason ?!

Also why should any players be rushed to go as fast at the ADHD ridden dps ?! I don't see anyone rushing the dps to do more damage.

And if you do rush as tank, you arrive at a boss that closes his door when the fight starts and 2 dps and the healer are outside.

There are douches in the game, you shouldn't be surprised. Every role is insulted by these kinds of people not just tanks. Instead of leaving the group you should have asked the rest to kick him. If they don't then you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    DPS or healers pull because they want the instance to go faster. The best person who could do that would be the tank, but that doesn't always happen. Just because the tank has 30 minutes to do an instance (for example), maybe the other players in the group are acclimatized to doing shorter 5-10 minute instances and don't have as much time available or have a lot more fun destroying instances quickly.

There's really a lot of threads about this disagreement already, I've always felt that as the best person to go faster/control the pace is the tank, then, if he isn't capable or willing to do so, then he isn't being very thoughtful of the real time that other's have or do not have or what's fun for the whole group. Or if the tank does care but just isn't able to pull faster, then they shouldn't get upset if someone else does it for them while they learn.
    Bottom line, tank is in control of the pace. If you are not tanking and are unhappy with the pace of the tank, your options are to live with it or drop group and re que. Dps pulls never speed the run up.

Sorry that happened to you. I know as a healer, I'm generally nice to tanks because we need to work together well. As someone already said, make sure your healer is in range/has mana and you should be good.

I'd really like to learn to tank but it's a bit intimidating.
    Ornasse Evershade, Sage of the Seven Pines | Tsi Ku | Healing WoW since 2006
    http://dancinghare.wordpress.com ~ Art, stories and musings. | My Pet Collection

The problem is people are spewing out insults when they pull more so even if it's a new tank they really don't learn anything. I don't know how insulting the tank is going to make the instance go faster it's pretty obvious it will not. If I want fast dungeons I find someone to tank. A lot easier.

As a pure casual these days, I completely sidestepped dungeons. ran normal scenarios, quested for 502 epic boots, did world bosses until geared for LFR, and thats pretty much it. Zero roics. Only person i always interact with in LFR is the other tank and we take it from there. Scenarios are zero stress, hunter and lock pets usually tank shit anyways....

Quite honestly the stress and length of roics compared to normal scenarios make them obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post
    As a pure casual these days, I completely sidestepped dungeons. ran normal scenarios, quested for 502 epic boots, did world bosses until geared for LFR, and thats pretty much it. Zero roics. Only person i always interact with in LFR is the other tank and we take it from there. Scenarios are zero stress, hunter and lock pets usually tank shit anyways....

Quite honestly the stress and length of roics compared to normal scenarios make them obsolete.
    Scenarios are so mindnumbingly boring that if they continue down that road, they'll lose a large percentage of their players base. They're nothing more than moving target dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    It's pretty easy to tank now, shouldn't be aoe threat issues. Take 5 minutes to understand tanking mechanics of your class, active mitigation timing might be the mark of an experienced tank, but threat really isn't much of an issue.
    Yet people still don't understand that Tanks don't get all of their tools right away.

DK tanks don't get Death and Decay until 60 and people still bag on them for not using it.

If dps pulls I let them die. If you pull it, you tank it. (I'm old school like that)

If groups piss me off, I quit and carry on questing...until I can que again, as a tank it will only take me seconds to get in anyways.

There are some really bad tanks out there, that is a fact. But for every bad tank there are 5 retarded dps, and 2 retarded I'm a ret paladin in here healing but I don't know to even use WoG retard.

Problem is as it has been said before that while leveling you very often really don't have all the tools you need to handle every retarded crap people pull on you. Like AoE tanking, taunting etc.

And even at max level for example tanks are often limited by cooldowns or resources in what they can or cannot do. You might want to pull EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE, RIGHT NOW, but the tank might not have the resource of the cooldowns available to get everything on himself, then people rage if shit goes sour.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-07-14 at 09:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Sexual assault is not always rape.
    *slowclap*
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooneye View Post
    Woman rapes a guy, gives birth to child and has custody of the child.
    I don't see why you should take the child from the woman unless she abuses it.

Quote Originally Posted by fled View Post

Still the fastest way to gear is Doing World bosses -> Get your 502 boots + 489 Barrens item -> Grind Heroic dungs until 460(if not already there) and then do MSV LFR -> Grind more heroics to fill out the a few more pieces for 470 iLvl and do LFR again.

Geared 2 toons now, both got to 490 within a week and then to 500+ within another week. However my Paladin has had shit luck for HC Scen loot bags, 6 opened so far with only 1 loot(and that was the guaranteed 516 loot from the quest!), where my Shaman got like 4 in a row once she hit 480 iLvl.

I sometimes have threat problems in five mans when I am getting no vengeance and the DPS are pulling 160k+. I just switch to DPS gear. Its not like the DPS in question would die anyway.

I've always been a Tank or Healer, and recently decided to level another Paladin Tank on my new realm, and the attitude I've been getting is just horrific, and sadly it is the majority of the time.

The last six dungeons I've done have ended with me being called vulgar names simply because I'm asking for hunters to turn Taunt off their pets, or let me do the pulling. I'm by no means a slow tank, I've always got the next pack by the time the original dies.

The fact is, sadly, the World of Warcraft LFG / LFR community has become a cesspit, and there needs to be more done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Plus several hundred heroics as a tank.
    ...and then LFRs. I used to enjoy tanking, since LFR I've started to really hate it. Most of the time the issue is the other tank; they either whore DPS and want to tank everything, taunting back immediately you taunt and so on to maximise their vengeance stacked with their DPS gear, making it a boring and frustrating experience. Or they're pretty much AFK, unresponsive to whispers and clearly not doing much of anything useful.

If it's not the other tank, then it's some random DPS complaining you're not holding aggro on some adds that just appeared and they blew their cooldowns on while you're 30 yards away and have zero vengeance; dunno if that's a particular problem for DKs though with no gap closers and horrible snap-aoe threat though.

Then there are ninja pullers who can be healers or DPS, but it's obviously your fault for not reacting fast enough when they die.

Finally, you're the only player in the raid who's expected to know and have substantial experience with all the fights. Even on release night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post

Finally, you're the only player in the raid who's expected to know and have substantial experience with all the fights. Even on release night.
    So fucking true!!

The tank is responsible for the pve ecnounter's success...unless it's in heroic dungeons where we can piss on him.

PROTIP: Hide chat when farming LFD. Makes leveling through dungeons somewhat bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.
    I stopped because it felt more like I was fighting against my teammates, rather than the mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    I don't see anyone rushing the dps to do more damage.
    Really? I see it all the time. Basically no class escapes being treated like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Plus several hundred heroics as a tank.
    Hell yes. Just got my 2nd monk to 90 3 days ago. Allready being first dps while being BrM speccced with ~450ilvl gear (with people nearly full 502 LFR, tears of joy).

Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Hell yes. Just got my 2nd monk to 90 3 days ago. Allready being first dps while being BrM speccced with ~450ilvl gear (with people nearly full 502 LFR, tears of joy).
    No, pain. This simply shouldn't be happening. We know why it happens, it's Vengeance being a broken mechanic. It's nothing to do with your skill as a tank.

Or that healer is just a jerk. There are jerks in all roles, including some tanks who just are for no other reason than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I started a tank this week.... a Tauren pally.

I have never really been a tank in 8 years, though I did try it before but I was pretty bad, so I gave it up.

So today, I was tanking my 2nd dungeon - Deadmines - and the healer DC'd. We were at the section in the foundry..... Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow". And then he starts telling me to use the "AOE HAMMER", and get my shit together.... well, what the dumbass didn't get was that that doesn't come until level 20, and I was level 18. Still am, in fact.

So, I got pissed and told him to kiss my fat cow ass and I rage quit...... which sucked because nobody else was complaining, and I sort of screwed them, but I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk, and especially so since he doesn't even know I CAN'T cast, as he called it, the "AOE HAMMER".

I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.
    Bad reaction on your end too.

Just mute the healer, but don't screw over the other 3 guys that did nothing wrong.

In LoL it would've earned you 9 reports if you had just upped and left. :P
    ♦ "It is easy to take insolence from those who are below you." ♦