Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I just generally respond with "If you want to Tank, go for it" and watch them die. When I lvled my Tank (Warrior) some Healers are idiots and want me to speed up. The moment a mob dies I auto loot and move to the next.
    Problem is at that level a healer could easily tank the whole dungeon, actually at most levels they could.

  2. #142
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    No, that guy is part of the problem. He should be ignored.
    Well there are extremes on both ends, but I think as long as people have good intentions there's nothing wrong with safely pulling a few extra. Just as there can be nothing wrong with the tank going a little slower because he's learning.

    What I do think is very silly is when someone safely pulls more and then gets cussed and/or kicked, or when the tank goes a little slow and the same thing happens. That's why I said tanks should take what that guy said into consideration, learning how to play with different types of attitudes can be good for everyone, and the amount of cussing from both ends on here I think is a bit ridiculous. (don't mean you, just in the thread in general).

  3. #143
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Although why I am bothering I will never know, because lets face it once you get into the bad habit of pulling mobs on a tank, your unlikely to ever change. This is not your fault though, this is the fault of blizzard who no longer think that it should be an instant death for DPS pulling mobs instead of the tank.
    What makes you think an impatient player won't just switch to tank spec if they are tired of playing with someone that has to feed their cat, get their children out of the tub, grab a drink, and catch a flight to japan between every pull?

    Most people prefer a bad tank that pulls quickly to a terrible tank who pulls well and plays decently. Tanks are not necessary for content you outgear by 100 item levels, and people have shit to do besides sit around and wait for someone to pull.

    No, that guy is part of the problem. He should be ignored.
    if a 6 minute scarlet monastery run is a part of the problem i dont want to be a part of the solution
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  4. #144
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,146
    I've been leveling my first tank after 7 years... I find the only thing that makes it bearable is queueing with my healer friend. That way I know my healer is competent, and I know if the DPS are asstards who run off to pull for me, they're not going to get healed.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  5. #145
    got 5 tanks @ level 90 poeple treat me nicely... but i am used to tanking and 4 out of 5 chars could probably solo evry hero so i run in front do my job , i tank , kill loot..

    most of the time poeple want to qeue more heros.. if they did a good job and where doing dmg ( or even trying with crappy gear ) most of the time i do an other one

    But as a general rule just ignore idiots in the char and play ^^
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-07-23 at 06:01 PM.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I've noticed that people in dungeons and/or lfr have gotten worse about blaming tanks/healers for wipes or for not doing things properly. I for one hate running heroics on a tank and have the dps pull trash for me, and then the dps will complain if they die from pulling mobs. Lets the tanks(or healers) do their jobs they queue up for!
    Whenever I've seen dps pull, and whenever I as a DPS have done it, it's always because the tank specifically was NOT doing his job.

  7. #147
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,159
    I try never to call attention to how bad I am as a player, but when i do get critizied I do two things

    1) I ignore the critic so i never have to run with them again
    2) I immediately research what my error was and how I could fix it.

  8. #148
    If dungeons were like vanilla with a maze of trash and huge rooms that are just full of pointless pulls.... I'd be mad about players pulling extras. Now though it's basically if it's in the way you probably have to kill it (with maybe 30 mobs in all the dungeons in MOP total that can be skipped as they don't act as a lock to a door)

    IF the group can handle the big pulls, why waste time going one pack at a time? IF the group can bring in more mobs and get the tank as the top aggro for everything and still safely blast them into nonexistance... why complain about how they were brought in?

  9. #149
    Sometimes you just get the really shit people. I've had it before and I've seen a lot of the bad attitude people are usually people from the same guild that queued together. Anybody else ever notice that?

  10. #150
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizza the Hutt View Post
    Whenever I've seen dps pull, and whenever I as a DPS have done it, it's always because the tank specifically was NOT doing his job.
    yep me too, and it's honestly been years since I've seen another DPS ever pull so much for the tank on purpose that it causes a wipe.

    It's a shame that a lot of tank's first reaction is to get upset, even though all that's changed is someone else has pulled and the mobs died just fine. And the instance maybe went just slightly faster than how they were handling pulling. GOD FORBID -_-

  11. #151
    My main is a tank and even though people say it's rare, you get this all the time.
    I tend to check out my healer when I start, if I don't know them. If they outgear the content I pull big and I keep going.
    If they don't outgear it I pull each group at a time, as soon as the last mob drops I'm running again.
    The difference in run time is usually no more than 3 minutes.

    If I have a healer or DPS who is getting impatient, huffy, or snippy with me, I usually sit down and say "think I'll rest here a moment", let them rage, have my laugh. With any luck they ragequit and if they don't then just ignore them.

    The only thing that gets to me is if a healer and DPS run ahead (like rooms ahead) of me while I'm tanking a group of mobs, let me die because I was unwilling to pull more, scream at me that I suck and "l2play" and then try to initiate a vote kick. I couldn't care less if you think I'm slow because it took me an extra five seconds to do something, it's practically no time at all.

    This is ultimately why there are so few tanks, and why those who do tank take no bullshit from anyone. The community is absolutely toxic, and in these cases where tanks get told off and insulted for not chain pulling, over a matter of mere minutes.

  12. #152
    Just ignore it. You will get used to it if you ignore it and wont care later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If rogues become shit, all they can become is a different type of shit.

  13. #153
    This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks.

  14. #154
    The Patient HeroZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombino View Post
    yep me too, and it's honestly been years since I've seen another DPS ever pull so much for the tank on purpose that it causes a wipe.

    It's a shame that a lot of tank's first reaction is to get upset, even though all that's changed is someone else has pulled and the mobs died just fine. And the instance maybe went just slightly faster than how they were handling pulling. GOD FORBID -_-
    I've seen it happen more than four times in the last month alone. Both as a healer and a tank for the instance. So it does happen.

    (Yes I know someone will probably call me bad but you only have so many tank cooldowns and you can't do anything to heal a tank while CC'ed)

  15. #155
    Scarab Lord Miralynn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alterac Valley
    Posts
    4,146
    Quote Originally Posted by HeroZero View Post
    I've seen it happen more than four times in the last month alone. Both as a healer and a tank for the instance. So it does happen.

    (Yes I know someone will probably call me bad but you only have so many tank cooldowns and you can't do anything to heal a tank while CC'ed)
    This is what I run into as a healer ALL the time.

    Idiot DPS runs off to pull while tank's waiting for CD's.
    Mobs run EVERYWHERE because no one has aggro.
    Healer (me) gets silenced/stunned/otherwise CCed because tank's CDs aren't up yet to effectively grab the mobs that are all the hell over the room.
    DPS dies because I'm CC'ed.
    "god heelr n tnak u suk y u no pul fastor n heel mi"
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

  16. #156
    Pick up skinning and herbalism as a tank. Skin and herb everything. Tell them you are not going to out level the gathering nodes of your level.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks.
    Indeed. I would rollback to Vanilla/BC dungeon, to see them.

  18. #158
    Brewmaster dryankem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,359
    Agreed people are duchebags. But the reality is, it's only a handful of morons that ruin it for others. You'll never remember the hundreds of people you played with that were polite or just generally quiet but one duchebag can ruin a night.

    I have reluctantly started tanking for my guild and I find the best way to get good at is when people do stupid stuff in dungeons. For example last night in a run some gnome dk started to pull everything and I tried my ass off to get the adds off him (he didn't die but I wouldn't really care if he did). Take these people on as a challenge and if it fails and they have a little nerd rage on you, quit that group, dust yourself off and move on. Experience and getting better at your class is what will make tanking fun and if you still don't like it stop doing it because the game is meant to be fun.

  19. #159
    Stood in the Fire Bombino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    497
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    This is what I run into as a healer ALL the time.

    Idiot DPS runs off to pull while tank's waiting for CD's.
    Mobs run EVERYWHERE because no one has aggro.
    Healer (me) gets silenced/stunned/otherwise CCed because tank's CDs aren't up yet to effectively grab the mobs that are all the hell over the room.
    DPS dies because I'm CC'ed.
    "god heelr n tnak u suk y u no pul fastor n heel mi"
    Iduno what you mean by waiting for cd's to grab threat unless the tank is like lvl 20 and has taunt + 1-2 abilities. But, that sucks, I just haven't run into any of that at all, what I do or what I normally see others do is grab an extra pack or extra few mobs and drag it into the tank's current pack and expect them to threat it, 90% of the time the tank is full or near full HP, the mobs are dying in under 10-15 seconds each and it rly doesn't affect anything except the tank's ego (that's the thing that bothers me).

    Obv if the DPS who are pulling are running to neverneverland and dying and blaming ppl then yea I agree with you, they're idiots. But, I haven't seen that in a long time, personally.

    "This is what Wrath and Mists has done to us. It's turned us into a bunch of impatient jerks. " -
    @Lunchbox2042 - I've been impatient since when I started playing more seriously in BC, remember ZA? Impatience doesn't always equate to being an asshole. Sometimes it just means clearing things faster and safely and for some bizarre reason, even when things go well, this can piss off a multitude of tanks. I actually went tank back then because I was tired of tanks being too slow.
    Last edited by Bombino; 2013-07-23 at 07:52 PM.

  20. #160
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    300
    Ignore is a wonderful feature. And guess what, your the tank so YOU set the pace of the instance. If the healer tells me nicely hey you can pull more if you want, then I will speed up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •