Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got my warrior up to 90 and im doing dungeons and I get people that ninja pull stuff. Dot up everything and general shit stuff. I simply leave....you pull all that extra stuff you tank it. I can chill for a while for my timer its nbd to me
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

So you lost your temper due to some Internet bully? I think that explains more about you than about tanking, but alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    "Get tanking you fat ass cow".
    That's seriously hilarious that he used derogatory, racist language toward the race of your wow character. lol

I can't help but thinking he wasn't entirely serious. Also, don't worry about people being dumb. It doesn't feel good to be treated that way but don't let dicks ruin your day or they've won. Be a winner, hold the line!
    Look! Words!

I get this people can be serious jerks I've gotten it before, though it's normally with a dps. Usually if I'm getting annoyed with a dps that keeps pulling I just let them die then save everyone else, with a healer though ehh that's a different story unless you know you can survive. I feel like tanks deserve to be a bit of an ass considering the shit people give them for one slip up.

Deleted
    I started a tank this week.... a Tauren pally.

I have never really been a tank in 8 years, though I did try it before but I was pretty bad, so I gave it up.

So today, I was tanking my 2nd dungeon - Deadmines - and the healer DC'd. We were at the section in the foundry..... Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow". And then he starts telling me to use the "AOE HAMMER", and get my shit together.... well, what the dumbass didn't get was that that doesn't come until level 20, and I was level 18. Still am, in fact.

So, I got pissed and told him to kiss my fat cow ass and I rage quit...... which sucked because nobody else was complaining, and I sort of screwed them, but I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk, and especially so since he doesn't even know I CAN'T cast, as he called it, the "AOE HAMMER".

I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.
    Your story makes it sound like the healers are the assholes and not the tanks.

I'll just keep pulling because I can solo everything. For the most part tanks are just unnecessary little egos floating around being useless in dungeon groups :x

There's no reason to wait 30 seconds between pulls. Get your shit together, dog.
    my rank 1's from years ago don't mean dookie now lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Other people being jerks doesn't automatically equal most tanks being jerks, I don't really get how those go together. There's usually more pressure as a tank, a lot of people I know enjoy the added responsibility. I definitely use to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post
    I'll just keep pulling because I can solo everything. For the most part tanks are just unnecessary little egos floating around being useless in dungeon groups :x

There's no reason to wait 30 seconds between pulls. Get your shit together, dog.
    This is an example of a player for which I would either kick or leave group. Takes too much time running around gathering up mobs when dps pulls and makes the dungeon go slower for everyone, not only for the extra time required to group the mobs, but because the tank doesn't keep as much vengeance.

I think you'll appreciate this, OP. As others have said, just ignore those who talk shit to you and play your role. Long as you have fun tanking, keep at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I just generally respond with "If you want to Tank, go for it" and watch them die. When I lvled my Tank (Warrior) some Healers are idiots and want me to speed up. The moment a mob dies I auto loot and move to the next.
    You are the worst type of player in game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziharkk View Post

Then go right ahead. I'll just respec dps. But if you can't actually do it and it's a wipe, I'll vote kick you. Deal ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    This is an example of a player for which I would either kick or leave group. Takes too much time running around gathering up mobs when dps pulls and makes the dungeon go slower for everyone, not only for the extra time required to group the mobs, but because the tank doesn't keep as much vengeance.
    DPS or healers pull because they want the instance to go faster. The best person who could do that would be the tank, but that doesn't always happen. Just because the tank has 30 minutes to do an instance (for example), maybe the other players in the group are acclimatized to doing shorter 5-10 minute instances and don't have as much time available or have a lot more fun destroying instances quickly.

There's really a lot of threads about this disagreement already, I've always felt that as the best person to go faster/control the pace is the tank, then, if he isn't capable or willing to do so, then he isn't being very thoughtful of the real time that other's have or do not have or what's fun for the whole group. Or if the tank does care but just isn't able to pull faster, then they shouldn't get upset if someone else does it for them while they learn.

Just wait till you get gear. I usually pull 3-5 groups when they piss me off and then let the aoe cleaves and ect wreck my whiny ungrateful teammates. Then I kill the mobs by myself and wait for them to run back... Just to really hammer in the fact that I don't need them and am only here to help gear a friend.

I chain pull unless I look off the screen or the healer needs mana. I've been tanking for 8 years and I know what I'm doing. I honestly don't care if someone wants a 5 minute instance because it's going to go as fast as I want it to. I suggest we take all the "PULL PULL PULL PULL" guys and make them spend 3 hours in the LFG channel, a half hour traveling to the instance, another half waiting for someone else to show up, then 2-5 hours to do the damn thing... Just to wipe and have to clear trash again.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2013-07-14 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow".
    That's probably the same kind of person that would have been a jerk if they were tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenryusho View Post
    Just wait till you get gear. I usually pull 3-5 groups when they piss me off and then let the aoe cleaves and ect wreck my whiny ungrateful teammates. Then I kill the mobs by myself and wait for them to run back... Just to really hammer in the fact that I don't need them and am only here to help gear a friend.
    Teach me how you get vote kick immunity, cause you must be immune if you don't get kicked from groups 24/7.

It's pretty easy to tank now, shouldn't be aoe threat issues. Take 5 minutes to understand tanking mechanics of your class, active mitigation timing might be the mark of an experienced tank, but threat really isn't much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Teach me how you get vote kick immunity, cause you must be immune if you don't get kicked from groups 24/7.
    I'm not sure. I think theyre afraid of me.

Edit: They probably saw what I did to Mankirks wife.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2013-07-14 at 09:02 PM.

If you think its bad at level 18, wait til you get to level 80-90... thats when you run into the *real* head cases.

On the plus side, you can now queue for dungeons crossrealm, so *BE SOCIAL*. make friends with those players who DON'T get all bent out of shape that you're learning the role, and ask the friend them for later. The fewer randoms you queue with, the more likely you'll have a positive experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    It's pretty easy to tank now, shouldn't be aoe threat issues. Take 5 minutes to understand tanking mechanics of your class, active mitigation timing might be the mark of an experienced tank, but threat really isn't much of an issue.
    True but being useless tends to make people feel bad. So if a tank joins a group and the dps pulls and the fucker just doesn't die because the healer is very good and the mobs don't do much damage unless they gang up (not like in TBC, THOSE were actual heroics, baby!) and they keep going, then it's obvious the tank players will feel bad and guess who is the reason ?!

Also why should any players be rushed to go as fast at the ADHD ridden dps ?! I don't see anyone rushing the dps to do more damage.

And if you do rush as tank, you arrive at a boss that closes his door when the fight starts and 2 dps and the healer are outside.

There are douches in the game, you shouldn't be surprised. Every role is insulted by these kinds of people not just tanks. Instead of leaving the group you should have asked the rest to kick him. If they don't then you leave.