Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It would be cool if there was an option to just auto ignore all party members when you enter a random dungeon. Would make runs so much more fun.

I'm like you...

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I just generally respond with "If you want to Tank, go for it" and watch them die. When I lvled my Tank (Warrior) some Healers are idiots and want me to speed up. The moment a mob dies I auto loot and move to the next.
    If someone wants to pull, I tend to let them tank. I sit back and watch, don't even get involved with a fight. If they live, and do it again, I just leave, quest for a bit, then re-queue once the debuff is gone. It gets old dealing with rude/mean/offensive players. Most healers are pretty cool, I'll go as fast as they want to go. If they're comfortable healing big pulls, I make big pulls, otherwise it is 1 or 2 groups at a time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    It would be cool if there was an option to just auto ignore all party members when you enter a random dungeon. Would make runs so much more fun.
    There is, make another chat pane that has /i checked off.

you pull, you tank.

i love leveling. got 7 lvl 90's and already delete 2 more. I play too much so four of my chars are 510+ and i have 3 tanks specs, 4 healers specs and some dps specs. Ilove to tank and heal dungeons while leveling. I have multiple 85's and 80's and got a couple of chars i'm leveling, every single one of them an healer or a tank. And i try to be as pleasant as possible while doing so. but as soon as someone starts yelling 'GOGOGOGOGOOGOGOGO' or starts pulling while not a tank, i let them tank and stop healing them. Like a couple of people said in this thread already, pulling instead of the tank will ALWAYS reduce the speed the tank can pull and kill. It will also reduce the pleasure of the tank and probably stress the healer more. I have all heirlooms on 2 servers so threat is never an issue and i know all classes so skill isn't either but like the OP, i can't stand dps who want to take charge of a group. My philosophy : if you want to tank, either ask or reroll to a tank spec.

Asking me to go dps as you want to play with the glyph of demon training is fine. pulling as a dps because you chose the wrong role isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    Yes, another one of these threads. Someone yells at u and u rage quit and make a thread about it, jesus, man.

First of, its DM, a mage could tank it. Second of all, its the internet, ppl are jerks, u cant run from it, and you'd be a fool to expect otherwise. And thirdly, really ? another one of these threads ? I reply to all of these threads about tanks with a leader complex, or just tanks being sad cus someone yelled at them, and really, its always the tanks fault. Sure, u cant stop him from calling u names, but u could man up and just go on. Dont try to vote kick him, dont leave, dont flame back. Be the mature part of the group, and finish it, if for anything, then for the rest of the group, and if not for them, do it for yourself.

I've leveled a tank to max lvl by doing dungeons only, and i have NEVER encounter anything like this. I have never tried to vote kick anyone, i havent left any group, unless they sucked and i wasnt planning on doing another dungeon in the next 15 mins, and i have never been offended by anyone who tried to flame me. Seriously, just do the dungeon, its better than leaving and spending the next 15 mins deserter time doing nothing or posting threads about it on MMO-champ.
    Dude seriously, get off your high horse. It being DM has nothing to do with the issue, and I'd like to see how a mage gets the LFG to let them click the tank button.

Yes, you can run from it. You can find a new group that won't treat you like crap. Exactly what he decided to do. I don't see how you could possibly expect people to take your post seriously when the majority of your post is untrue.

really ? another one of these threads ?
    I reply to all of these threads
    Yet you charge yourself with going to each one and whining...

I mean to be fair though you could have been saying any number of other things with that line, its really not comprehensible. From what I can gauge from it though you hate tanks and assume they some sort of leader complex (whatever that is), assume tanks are sad (I can't take that part seriously when you use 'cus', it's at this point I start to think the post is some sort of joke), and (completely incorrectly by the way) it's always the tanks fault. I however can think of plenty of counter examples where it's NOT the tanks fault so again, you're wrong.

Dont try to vote kick him, dont leave, dont flame back. Be the mature part of the group
    First of all I'd love to hear you give me a full analysis of the word mature which provides a strong set of guidelines in what defines something to have the quality without contradicting it's usage.
    And second I'd like you to apply that analysis to what I have quoted up there and show that they don't have discrepancy.

Because the way the rest of the world seems to take it, removing yourself from a bad and abusive situation IS the mature thing to do. Not pretending to live up to some arbitrary set of laws for men to live by.

I've leveled a tank to max lvl by doing dungeons only, and i have NEVER encounter anything like this.
    What dungeon did you do to get from level 1 to the Ragefire Chasm level?
    And you do realize you're calling out a very large chunk of the tanking community based on anecdotal evidence which may I add is a terribly distant outlier.

If you don't pull fast as a tank, you are doing it wrong.

With that said, the newly joined healer didnt seem very rude.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I once had a healer do that to me so I slow walked the ENTIRE dungeon. He kept trying to kick me but the other party members thought it was hilarious and he was too stupid to just leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    If you don't pull fast as a tank, you are doing it wrong.

With that said, the newly joined healer didnt seem very rude.
    The tank is not concerned solely with pulling as fast as he can. He has other things to account for that dps never consider--skill and item level of healer, mana level, patrol positioning, defensive cooldown usage, rage level, etc etc. A dps has one job. Look pretty and kill things that are pulled. Dps do not set the speed of the dungeon. That responsibility has always been and will always be a collaborative effort between tank and heals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    tanks with a leader complex.
    I think tanks get the leader complex because as I pointed out before, they're the only one in the instance who is actually expected to know it all and to lead. If they don't, it's vote kick and get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Who cares at that level? Honestly amost any class with BOA's can tank the low level dungeons or kill mobs so fast it does not matter. Now if they are doing this in lfr I can see being pissed but almost every dungeon until then is so easy you just need to not be afk.
    That's a huge problem with what wow has become. There's not enough (any?) penalty for playing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    That's a huge problem with what wow has become. There's not enough (any?) penalty for playing poorly.
    Yes, its a concern, but if thats how the game works, then I say let it go. Not like Blizzard cares anymore about wow...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    I started a tank this week.... a Tauren pally.

I have never really been a tank in 8 years, though I did try it before but I was pretty bad, so I gave it up.

So today, I was tanking my 2nd dungeon - Deadmines - and the healer DC'd. We were at the section in the foundry..... Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow". And then he starts telling me to use the "AOE HAMMER", and get my shit together.... well, what the dumbass didn't get was that that doesn't come until level 20, and I was level 18. Still am, in fact.

So, I got pissed and told him to kiss my fat cow ass and I rage quit...... which sucked because nobody else was complaining, and I sort of screwed them, but I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk, and especially so since he doesn't even know I CAN'T cast, as he called it, the "AOE HAMMER".

I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.
    Welcome to the tanking community.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk
    that's fine and all. but jerk wins if you leave and have to start over another dungeon.

5 mans aren't exactly top tier content so you can get by without communicating at all.

I see alot of the Posts.. and I dont get em.. -.-

Im a Druid tank. 545 ilvl atm. only in the start of Wotlk and until now I always Feel that the DPS sucks.. I eiter out Dps em or Run to fast for the healer.. ?? his like HAllo! letme get a MB!:. dunno why they needed it. so just keep running...

others say that tanks are missing.. but there is LOTS of tanks they just dont go LFR/5man etc. Why do I go LFR or 5man? when I out gear it so much and dont need anything. should only be for VP cap if tired of doing dailys. or farm Titan Runestones asp!. once cap in VP/Runestone no = NO Reason for strong tanks to do that Crap anymore.

Ridiculous remarks like that, I say something like "You must be lonely," put them on ignore, and keep tanking.

That really doesn't happen that often. People typically don't even talk in party, let alone insult others - unless, of course, someone's doing their job wrong.

Clearly you had no time to be doing your job wrong if he said something a half second after joining, so that wasn't it. He was just a douche. Whatever. Some people are douches.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I just generally respond with "If you want to Tank, go for it" and watch them die. When I lvled my Tank (Warrior) some Healers are idiots and want me to speed up. The moment a mob dies I auto loot and move to the next.
    Oh you're one of those slow tanks... I hate these tanks on my healer, just go, simply just go in dungeons, if your healer can keep you up, no need for a fucking loot.

Deleted
    I started a tank this week.... a Tauren pally.

I have never really been a tank in 8 years, though I did try it before but I was pretty bad, so I gave it up.

So today, I was tanking my 2nd dungeon - Deadmines - and the healer DC'd. We were at the section in the foundry..... Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow". And then he starts telling me to use the "AOE HAMMER", and get my shit together.... well, what the dumbass didn't get was that that doesn't come until level 20, and I was level 18. Still am, in fact.

So, I got pissed and told him to kiss my fat cow ass and I rage quit...... which sucked because nobody else was complaining, and I sort of screwed them, but I'm not about to help some idiot who wants to be a jerk, and especially so since he doesn't even know I CAN'T cast, as he called it, the "AOE HAMMER".

I don't think I have the temperament to be a tank..... especially if I have 72 more levels of idiots.
    You could have told him so and embarass him before the rest, instead you ragequit and let the other 3 wait undeserved for a less prima donna tank.
    GG OP

You are right.... but I am just learning, and the game needs more tanks.... personally my only gripe with tanks really, is those that roll need on everything.

I should have just moved on, but I was so pissed.
    The game has plenty of tanks - they're just not tanking randoms because the treatment you mentioned *never stops*. You're going too slow, too fast (generally both at the same time if you ask different group members), doing it wrong, it's your fault they stood in fire, that they pulled several packs while all your runes/resources/abilities/whatever were on CD - and you'll never ever get to roll on a piece of dungeon gear uncontested because every pally/warr/dk thinks it's their because they need it for an 'off-spec' they most likely don't even have. And then they'll yell at you for being undergeared.

And no, you shouldn't just move on. Bad behaviour that is ignored continues - by letting them do it you encourage it and they inflict it on other tanks. Instead tank for friends, guildies and server groups - ask in trade before you do things if you have to. They can enjoy their queues without you.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-07-14 at 11:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tanked for 6+ years in wow, 8months in Aion and rift since launch. I have gone dps in wow and rift since then because well tanking gets boring after that long. But nothing pisses me off more then a slow tank. There is zero reason for anyone to be slow at tanking especially in wow. Content is so face roll as a healer (yes i also heal) until heroic raids that any healer can keep you up no matter how fast you tank. At least in rift there is a reason to tank a bit slower at high levels because content is hard(ish).

Oh not to mention tanks got a 500% increase to threat since firelands and to add vengeance. Both these are what made me quit tanking but it made it so dam easy for tanks to hold aggro you just need to breath near something and it will attack you so holding aggro isn't a problem. Tanks are more worried about there dps then doing what a tank is meant to fucking do because there is no effort needed anymore.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Oh not to mention tanks got a 500% increase to threat since firelands and to add vengeance. Both these are what made me quit tanking but it made it so dam easy for tanks to hold aggro you just need to breath near something and it will attack you so holding aggro isn't a problem. Tanks are more worried about there dps then doing what a tank is meant to fucking do because there is no effort needed anymore.
    It was actually a 66% increase. 300% to 500% is not a 500% increase or even a 200% increase. And this is also complete bullshit. I mean in raids it's true but then it always has been as the dps would be expected to do their part and use threat drops. Nowadays they don't have to really, but it was never a big deal. If you have no vengeance and the dps are going mad in a 5man, and you're all equally geared, you'll get aggro but it's not a complete joke. Especially when they're doing like 150k dps.

Now if you move faster and retain vengeance between packs then fine there's no issue, but before vengeance that didn't happen, you stayed put (most of the time) until the pack was dead then moved to the next one, so it didn't actually matter. Not to mention we also had spells that passively reduced threat back then, which we don't now. The game is a completely different beast compared to what it was back in TBC, even in terms of dungeon difficulty, so to hark back and say that tanking has got easier isn't necessarily true because the tools available to us are much better and the general design of the dungeons and encounters has changed too.

I just completely disagree with you. No effort? The effort has shifted from "holding aggro and not standing in the fire and maximising survivability" to "holding aggro and not standing in the fire and maximising survivablity and maximising dps". The aggro part was never hard and continues to not be so now. It just so happens come MOP that with a new philosophy on tanking of Active Mitigation, doing some dps as a tank is actually a good thing for your raid and your survival at the same time. They may even get rid of "tank stats" if you read the blue posts. Welcome to the future, the game is evolving. No wonder it got different.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.