Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I've played tank, heal and dps. You get jerks as each of them.

If anything people are less likely to be assholes if you're the tank because (depending on level bracket) it can be hard to replace a tank should they ragequit.
    yep. Many may think healers have it worse but I do believe DPS (especially those controlling pets) can get just as much, if not more abuse. As a lock, I've been bitched at multiple times for my observer pet "taunt". When I try to explain it doesn't have one I'll usually get the "yes it does L2P your class" moronic reply.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Depends. If people pull mobs by accident, I figure shit happens, I pick up the mob and we all move on. If they're constantly pulling mobs ahead of the tank and ignoring pleas to stop, I figure let nature take its course. Especially if they're being a jerk about it.

I just wish dungeon mobs were more dangerous and they died a lot faster.
    This is pretty much me. First time or two I'll just pick it back up. After that I say something, usually just a direct "Stop pulling". After that, I won't let anyone else die from their shenanigans (something the most assholish abuse) but I won't go out of my way to save them either. If they're smart enough to pull them back into the pack they will probably get picked up passively.

It's rude to pull over a tank, especially if you're not a class with an MD. Even with an MD, it's rude if the tank makes it clear it's unwanted. Really this is all regardless of speed, but especially if they are going at a reasonable or even fast pace.

It sucks but you can't change the fact that people are assholes looking for an excuse to antagonize. Just ignore them. Put on the TV or some music while you do lower level dungeons. Don't get pissed when they pull either, there's just no point.

Deleted
    Bad experience but bad reaction on your side.

A tank is supposed to take hits.. how can you hope to tank Garrosh in a future.. if a random useless healer gets you so upset that you gotta rage quit ?

Grow a thick skin ... you know .. the essential to be a tank !

Tanks take a lot of flack, especially in LFR. Personally, I think you need a pretty thick skin to be a tank and it's something where, if they're having trouble, that affects everyone else. I enjoyed it at lower levels, but there are just so many rude people who lay into you or you have dps pulling left, right and center, and then you get people complaining that you can't hold aggro etc. Frustrating as hell and one of the reasons why I hate tanking. lol. Of course, being a tank, you have the luxury if quitting and getting instant queues, but still, it isn't something I really enjoy. It's not for everyone and I am one of those people.

Tank sets the pace of the group

I dont get how people can play DPS/Healer.

Too bad blizz doesnt give a damn about Dungeons now adays.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll get better, OP. When you start tanking you'll obviously be a bit slower. You need to get used to the role, to your skills, positioning, etc. Especially warriors before lvl 20 have crappy aoe threat due to not having thunderclap. Once you start getting used to tanking, your speed will go up dramatically. You'll know the dungeons, what pulls you can make/skip. How many groups you can take.

Tanking in itself is rather easy, especially at low levels. Dungeon knowledge is half the work, and once you feel more comfortable, it'll be lots of fun.

I'm leveling a healer now (2 in fact, RAF ftw ) and when I group with less experienced tanks, I never complain. (I do on TS against friends, but that's just trashtalking ) People need to learn. I'll give them tips if I see them doing something wrong (not keeping up shuffle, for example).
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Grow a thick skin ... you know .. the essential to be a tank !
    Actually tolerating harassment, abuse and unpleasant people isn't mandatory, that's just what people who treat tanks badly seem to think.

They can, and should, choose to walk away from people that are jerks for no damn reason, bad behaviour tolerated is behaviour that continues. That's what most tanks do and why there's long queues for anything random requiring a tank.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-07-15 at 07:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've experienced a bit of that, OP, but they are truly the minority. I distinctly remember, recently, while levelling my Shadow Priest, as soon as we got into Zul Farrak, the Brewmaster tank pulled the entire area right at the front before everyone had zoned in. The healer wasn't ready, and in any case didn't have a full heirloom set so would have struggled with keeping up with such a pull. The tank threw a tantrum and quit, so we three DPS and our healer decided to go on without him. As a Shadow Priest with full heirlooms, my absorbs and self-heals along with the damage I put out was enough to nearly solo the groups, with the other two DPS assisting really well. This went along fine until a tank joined - the very same one who'd just thrown a tantrum and quit! He instantly left again, but we found it quite amusing that he'd have to cool off for about 15 minutes. We almost completed the entire instance with no tank, and were actually doing better before one arrived!

Now, this might not exactly have been possible without a healer, but thankfully queues for healers are usually short. I would have suggested a vote kick against the healer, and if that failed, then you have the option to leave. Don't let the jackass win, don't let him take the exp bonus for a completed run while you have to requeue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

When I playe tanks, I just put jerks on ignore and laugh for 1 second....I say 1 second because (with some exceptions) that's how long it takes me to get a new group.

Unless I don't put somebody on ignore and end up back in the same group. That's embarrassing, lol.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    I levelled my monk through dungeons as a tank,and doing this now on my warrior, and TBH I havent met people that forced me to be a jerk.
    I'm doing my job, they do theirs, end of story.

Deleted
    Im leveling a brewmaster monk atm, and I get shit like this all the time. Healers are ok for me , but the dps just keep pulling.... but I pay them back: i whisper the healer if anyone pulls instead of me dont heal them. And people stop or just quit after they die 2-3 times.

For me its simple, if people are jerks i kill the first boss leave and get a instant pop for a new group. I am not going to waste my energy on those wanks.

Deleted
    If you get trash talk for no reason, screw up the group(e.g pull and run) and leave while saying so why. Morons like those can't learn any other way.

You know why I go fairly slow as a tank? Because I have no idea what in the hell I am doing.

And I'm usually too high to be doing it, but that's the best time to do it because then you don't give a shit who says what.

Don't like it? Leave. My queue was 9 seconds and I get a bag of goodies at the end. Back of the line is over there, bromage.

10+ Year Old Account
    there's obviously a point where the dps/healer the person pulling is being a jerk, because whatever they're doing is negatively impacting the group.

but if a dps pulls safely and the group is more than able to pull it off (which is what I see 90% of the time) I think the tanks who get butthurt that they weren't the ones to taunt that one mob while you killed it in 10 seconds is hilarious.

I think that's the biggest problem really is tank's inflexibility when the other group members actually aren't trying to be assholes, they just want to go faster, safely, and it's more than capable of happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking any content that you've never tanked before for the first time in a pug is the worst thing you'll ever experience in WoW, I was a tank MS from BC to the end of firelands and never knew that because I would always tank things for the first time with my guild, obviously. Come DS I quit raiding and just did LFR as ret, later in MoP I decided to try tanking again, knew the fights but not what the tanks did. Never again will I tank LFR...never.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think you are bipolar dude... When I played, I didn't give 2 shits what people said, but then again I was the hardcore player and would mass pull back to back to back. If someone tried to call me a noob or said I was bad, I wouldn't care because I know i'm better than them and that their words are nothing to me. The fact that you raged because he said you were bad is kinda sad. You wasted your time over nothing, over someone who doesn't care about you, but you let their words matter. If it's a shitty person, same goes for their words... if someone came up to you irl and said you were a failure and should kill yourself, would you? Just do your own thing and ignore people who annoy you.
    I don't think you have any clue what bi polar really means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganHunter View Post
    Literally within seconds of a new healer joining us the new healer says "Get tanking you fat ass cow".
    I lol'd so hard lmao!

But yeah. I tried leveling up through dungeons as a healer and it was absolute hell. I've never leveled that way again. It gets better at max level, though. Hopefully the Proving Grounds will be a good way for newbie tanks to get comfortable. I want to try out Brewmaster but I know squat about tanks. I'm scared of being called a fat ass panda lmao!

Players. What can you do?

The problem is that people think tanks are not necessary until raids. I've seen DPS tank heroics at 90. Sure, it causes the healer to work overtime but it's possible, so people don't respect the tank role. They want to get in, get out and carry on as fast as possible and they view letting you pull first as waiting and that to them takes more time, though it actually keeps things in order and streamlines the run. Blizzard needs to make it more necessary for tanks to pull non-raid content first so DPS and healers quit trying to do our jobs for us.

You can't let a few (or any number) of bads in your groups ruin your experience with tanking. Get past it, try again. Never let anyone in this game affect your mood. Ignore it, they are foolish if they waste their energy being assholes to strangers for no reason. You're going to get used to all different sorts when you tank. DPS and healers who pull stuff before you, dps using taunts, healers barking orders, dps barking orders, dps bragging about recount, people being unforgiving of basic human mistakes, dps needing tank gear because they're off/mainspec'd tank regardless of the fact they queued as DPS, healers doing the same and more. Get used to this: Nobody cares about you or your role as a tank. Don't tank for people. Tank for you.

- - - Updated - - -

To the guy who said

'but if a dps pulls safely and the group is more than able to pull it off (which is what I see 90% of the time) I think the tanks who get butthurt that they weren't the ones to taunt that one mob while you killed it in 10 seconds is hilarious.'

You're part of the problem. There are three roles Blizzard put in this game and they didn't do it without reason. If you roll and then queue as tank, it is YOUR job to pull and hold aggro. If you rolled and queued as DPS, it is your job to DPS and avoid pulling aggro. A good DPS watches his aggro and does not pull mobs. If you want to tank, roll a tank. Stop fucking up my job.