1. #1

    Question about lowlvl BGs

    I haven't played in a year or so, and was thinking of starting a new toon and BG level it, I just have a few questions because last time I did it was in Wrath and as a Warrior it was not very much fun. So, how are lowlevel BGs these days? Any balance whatsoever, and what classes if any are overpowered? I'm not asking what to roll to be the str0ng3zt I just want to try and counter them.

  2. #2
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    632
    Prot wars are/were pretty op due to shield slam
    Any healers, disc in particular, are op too. If you really want to, you could probably go for Wrecking Ball every game
    Druids are great due to cat form and thus more mobility.

    Lastly, blizzard changed low lvl bgs, so that they scale, which means that you as a lvl 10 will have a better advantage against a lvl 14 than before. The scaling exists all the way from 10 to 89.

  3. #3
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,832
    I think they introduced the 45% battle fatigue but not the 65% resi for low level players... Wouldn't that make healers weaker?

    It's actually more fun to play low level BGs now, despite all that "YAY" feeling from spending a worthless talent point in the past everyone is crazy about. I'm implying it's more fun because you have more than 1 ability, you get your high level rotation much earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  4. #4
    You will see many bots if you level that way because same way bots are leveling... just a warning
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  5. #5
    I am Murloc! Baracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,832
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpeddakota View Post
    You will see many bots if you level that way because same way bots are leveling... just a warning
    Has always been like that, though it's probably more now and it's sad nothing is being done about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Has always been like that, though it's probably more now and it's sad nothing is being done about it.
    I couldn't agree with you more that blizzard should take action on it. I have a RL friend who bots LFR and I would be angry at him but his bot can out dps others which just puzzles me to no end. So sadly him botting LFR does more help to players then the players auto shooting
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  7. #7
    Grunt
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Portugal - O'Porto
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompis View Post
    I haven't played in a year or so, and was thinking of starting a new toon and BG level it, I just have a few questions because last time I did it was in Wrath and as a Warrior it was not very much fun. So, how are lowlevel BGs these days? Any balance whatsoever, and what classes if any are overpowered? I'm not asking what to roll to be the str0ng3zt I just want to try and counter them.
    Well basically most of the players until Lv. 80 have heirlooms so you will probably face very strong and full heirloomed players. Avoid fighting bulky classes has Protection Warriors or Retri/Prot Paladins, Holy Paladins are virtually unkillable by this phase too.

    Try your luck with classes like, Priests and Warlocks witch have good CC or maybe Hunters who can down someone pretty fast.

    Nowdays BGs are mined with heirlomeds and I think those shouldn't be permitted since they disrupt the PvP gameplay.

    If you say that I'm a hater I'm not, I too have heirlooms and I use them, still I find those unbalanced.

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Faenskap View Post
    Prot wars are/were pretty op due to shield slam
    Any healers, disc in particular, are op too. If you really want to, you could probably go for Wrecking Ball every game
    Druids are great due to cat form and thus more mobility.

    Lastly, blizzard changed low lvl bgs, so that they scale, which means that you as a lvl 10 will have a better advantage against a lvl 14 than before. The scaling exists all the way from 10 to 89.
    Prot warriors are still really OP. Seen them hit for 2k on my PROT paladin with the heirloom shield while I have like 4k hp.

    Though, at higher levels retribution becomes REALLY OP. At the 55-59 bracket I could SIMPLY not DIE unless the opponents all ganged up on me. I could literally heal myself back to full after each fight while kiting the enemy with judgment sprint + word of glory harsh word glyph.
    Last edited by Ermahgerd; 2013-07-15 at 09:09 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Kompis View Post
    Any balance whatsoever
    You've gotta be joking. It's about as unbalanced as it could possibly be. Druid healing is off the charts. Same with monks and disco priests. Prot warriors one shotting people all over the place. In WSG, if there are two heirloomed healers with the flag carrier you can forget about it, because unless you somehow manage to get your whole team to coordinate an attack you just can't put a dent in them. I think it's still fun to a degree, but you're gonna have to put up with a lot of bullshit on your way to 90.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •