Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I was suspended back in vanilla for my lvl 55 hunter pet name

I named my Cat " Hctibelttil" and was leveling out in the world and someone told me they were reporting me for my pets name. I simply told him to grow a thicker skin and there are a lot worse things in the world other than a pet name

Soon I got disconnected and I could not log back in, awhile later I recieved notice that my account had been suspended and my pet had been deleted.

This was back when Hunter pets didn't automatically scale up to your current level, and you had to level them separately like any other character except they didn't get experience from questing...I did not want to do that so my Hunter has been sitting at lvl 55 ever since. I then rerolled a Warrior and took up the task of tanking....Went to DK and DPSed in wrath....and went back to being a tank in Cata. I almost wonder what wow would have brought for me if I had not lost Hctibelttil.....

Quote Originally Posted by caradic View Post
    Now, anyone who plays World of Warcraft knows people will get offended over practically ANYTHING said in chat.
    I've been playing for 4 years and have talked a lot in trade chat. To my knowledge, I've never been reported. Time to man up and accept responsibility for your actions. Or not. Makes me no difference.

even the people on mmo-champion believe I have a diamond encrusted Rolex watch? thought it was pretty obvious that it wasn't serious.

also the reason I posted it was because I thought other people would find the ridiculous ban amusing.
    This makes a lot more sense. Troll gets a suspension on WoW. Troll makes troll account on mmo-champion. Trolls mmo-champion.

And yes, trolls being accountable is rather amusing...

And I'm sure you have one of these laying around
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

well I'm not trolling mmo-champ they just happened to get trolled, what I made an account for was to share a ban that made me laugh to a forum I always lurk on.tomorrow I will update thread with GM response, unless its a bot.

Now, anyone who plays World of Warcraft knows people will get offended over practically ANYTHING said in chat. So what they naturally do is report me, well apparently I offended the GM also because he searched for a reason to ban me, which was unjust and flat out stupid. I've been banned multiple times from this game and I have to say, this is probably the dumbest reason.
    Your posts in trade chat had nothing to do with Wow. They were nonsense that I would have 'reported for spam.' I wouldn't be angry, I'd be annoyed that you filled trade chat with garbage. Grats to Blizzard for banning you.

If you walked through Walmart yelling, "watches... 400k... watches... 400k" they'd kick you out of the store too. It's annoying. You're not funny. If you stop using trade chat as your stage and you'll stop getting banned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP's ban seems perfectly reasonable to me. In fact it might be the most reasonable WoW ban ever.

Not sure what is the problem here.

If I'd seen that in trade, I would have reported you aswell.

ahh, adorich, adorich, adorich, lost in his fantasy land. first of all I wasn't "filling chat" because 2 posts with responses from other players generally go out of your in mere seconds. but in your case you would be bothered soooo much! I'm not surprised, talking about Rolex watches in world of Warcraft warrants for A LOT of anger. secondly you cannot compare works of Warcraft to REAL life hence lost in your fantasy land. that's called world of Warcraft addiction by the way!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    I got a ban back in Vanilla for saying "Hej, hur är det? = Hey, how are you?" in General Chat.

BAM. banned from Friday to Sunday. 72hour.
    Heh, people doing that in MMO's are actually my biggest pet peeve (talking in their mother tongue instead of english), and you swedes in particular are notorious for doing that on my server xD
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You were trolling trade chat, dude, and you got reported and you lost/failed/got a 3 hour suspension. That's all there is to it. No amount of rage or rhetoric or subject-changing or feigned indignation will change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmo-champion land of the uptight players.

*Fixes glasses* I er you can't doo that, because it says in sub section eight paragraph nine of the blizzard eula that you can't seeeell items

Really loosen up, it was a joke. He wasn't serious.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

now to diagnose some of you other forum posters.. you may be suffering from including but not limited to dyslexia, autism, bipolar, repressive anger, delusional, severe mental retardation, and premature ejalculation.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-15 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how people get bans. I have played for 8 years and never even got a warning. I swear alot but its on an aussie realm with aussie gms so its not really a big deal. If you want to abuse someone do it in whispers, blizzard can't read them unless its a death threat or someone said they are going to kill themselves.

"trolling" is not what most people seem to think it is in this thread... being an arsehole isn't trolling. Real trolling the person you are doing it to doesn't even know you are doing it.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    now to diagnose some of you other forum posters.. you may be suffering from including but not limited to dyslexia, autism, bipolar, repressive anger, delusional, severe mental retardation, and premature ejalculation.
    1/10 for making me reply

wow! someone rated me on these forums! my life is complete!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hod View Post
    I got a ban back in Vanilla for saying "Hej, hur är det? = Hey, how are you?" in General Chat.
    BAM. banned from Friday to Sunday. 72hour.
    Well deserved!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really think people would actually think he deserves to get banned... This is kind of funny to be honest, seriously, he wasn't advertising, he was fucking around in General Chat. We've all done it and if you haven't you probably think you're in the cool corner for not doing so, I've heard that corner is lonely. I'm honestly just a bit baffled that even you guys on here with clear evidence can't even realize that he was being sarcastic, I mean really, Rolex watch with diamonds encrusted into it.

What is the general playerbase in WoW like nowadays? We were smarter and more merry back a few years ago, please tell me what happened.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    I got banned once (and got it reverted) in Cata for "hacking" or "cheating". Basically I was reported, probably by someone on the Horde team because they thought I was speed hacking. What I was really doing was using my Mage's engineering rocket belt tinker to shoot out of the gate after Twin Peaks started...all the way to the ledge where I would use my REALLY fast BC rocket boots to fly across half the BG with slowfall. I'd go invisible in mid air and land in front of the whole horde pack and ring of frost them and spam sheep them off mounts. I did it like every game, lol. I'd also use the same method to grab the flag in Eye of the Storm extremely fast and blink away before anyone even got close. Gave us a huge advantage.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, when I read this, I thought it was someone replying to the OP, and chuckled to myself. Then I saw it was the OP. Oh the irony

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Mmo-champion land of the uptight players.

*Fixes glasses* I er you can't doo that, because it says in sub section eight paragraph nine of the blizzard eula that you can't seeeell items

Really loosen up, it was a joke. He wasn't serious.
    Someone gets it.
    Hey everyone