Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why can't I queue for arenas with random people?

Raids: can queue with random people
    Dungeons: can queue with random people
    BGs: can queue with random people

I don't like playing with one person because I suck dick at arenas unless it would be 1v1, and I hate frustrating one person over and over as we try to get our points and eventually disband.

If I get to queue with random people I'll only frustrate one person at a time and it'll be psychologically easier for me to deal with the pressure of arenas and their bullshit as I try to get my points to get gear.

Come on now is this really so hard?

Do you mean skirmishes?

No, skirmishes don't award conquest points, and 50 conquest points per random BG is terrible since Alliance generally loses and never listens to instructions, Arenas at least you get 200something per win and it's a lot shorter to win/lose.

BG you spend 10-15 minutes there helplessly watching your team defending stables with 10 people while 4 solo people try to go grab a node by themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the 5.4 PTR notes:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Redesigned Arena System

Players no longer need to create or join an Arena team to compete.
    Similar to the Rated Battleground system, players in a party of the appropriate size (cross-realm groups are supported) may queue for an Arena bracket of the same size (2v2, 3v3, or 5v5).
    Each player will have a personal rating that increase or decrease based on victories and defeats against other rated opponents. Opponents will be selected based on the average Match Making Rating of the party.
    Conquest cap, requirements on gear and enchantments will be based on the player's personal rating.
    The Arena ladder will no longer be sorted according to Battlegroup. Just like Rated Battlegrounds and normal Battlegrounds, all Arenas will now be region-wide!
    At the end of an Arena season, the top players in a region will still earn titles and mounts.

in 5.4 you will be able to queue for arenas with people without making a team, = it will work the same as RBG currently does.

They couldn't give CP for a randomly qued together team. That defeats the whole purpose of getting an arena team together. Anything beyond 2s wouldn't work since comp matters so much that you would get stomped with a random team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    in 5.4 you will be able to queue for arenas with people without making a team, = it will work the same as RBG currently does.
    But that is not what hes asking, he wants a random que like regular BGs that he would enter by himself and get placed with others.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    But that is not what hes asking, he wants a random que like regular BGs that he would enter by himself and get placed with others.
    He could just grab a random person from Trade. I already see tons of people looking for temporary arena partners in Trade on my realm and the ability to do arenas cross-realm in 5.4 will mean things like Openraid for arenas will be options too.

In 5.4 when you can play arena with any player from any realm and you dont need to make a team it will be easy to use addons like Oqueue/Openraid, just find someone for 2v2, party and play. Pretty close to random queue.

Yes, that's what he is saying hes doing NOW. Hes asking for a normal que system like LFD or non-rated BGs that puts him with different people each time. He very well could go and get a separate person every game from trade or openraid/oqueue, but that's not what hes asking for in this thread. He wants this specifically because he says hes bad, and thus doesn't want to continue to frustrate the same partner, instead he wants to spread it out with a separate partner each game.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Players no longer need to create or join an Arena team to compete.

You still have to create a party to queue.
    Right?

I just don't like queuing with the same person and having to talk after each match about what went wrong and whatever and sensing their frustration and then having them leave and having to find someone else. I'd rather it just be done automatically and that way I wouldn't have to deal with any post-match analysis or wasting any one person's time specifically. Cause if you do it with someone on your server and your team mostly loses because of you or the other person, it always puts pressure on SOMEONE, if it's random you probably won't meet that person again so whatever, no pressure for next match.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, that's what he is saying hes doing NOW. Hes asking for a normal que system like LFD or non-rated BGs that puts him with different people each time. He very well could go and get a separate person every game from trade or openraid/oqueue, but that's not what hes asking for in this thread. He wants this specifically because he says hes bad, and thus doesn't want to continue to frustrate the same partner, instead he wants to spread it out with a separate partner each game.
    Exactly this. I'm not bad at PVP though I just can't stand arenas.

Is it that hard? Probably not, but it's also probably something they don't want to do. You also can't do random queues for normal/heroic raids, RBGs, and heroic scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KorbenDallasMultipass View Post
    I'd rather it just be done automatically and that way I wouldn't have to deal with any post-match analysis or wasting any one person's time specifically. Cause if you do it with someone on your server and your team mostly loses because of you or the other person, it always puts pressure on SOMEONE, if it's random you probably won't meet that person again so whatever, no pressure for next match.
    So you want to remove the teamwork & planning side of arena and just go in and hope for the best with a random person?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Is it that hard? Probably not, but it's also probably something they don't want to do. You also can't do random queues for normal/heroic raids, RBGs, and heroic scenarios.
    I know, but at least there's an option for each. Arenas even if they gave us 50 points per victory it would still be faster than wasting time in BGs with people who don't know how to play/don't want to learn. At least in arenas I know I have my own pvp skill, even though I often lose because of whatever reasons.

They could have rated arenas give 200 points for premade teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    So you want to remove the teamwork & planning side of arena and just go in and hope for the best with a random person?
    We could still plan in the pre-match zone. Like if I'd get a warrior with my rogue we'd probably I dunno, burn down the healer while kiting the DPS or whatever. If you enjoy hardcore teamwork and planning like I said, they could offer rated version of arena which gives more points, like RBGs.

I just don't like queuing with the same person and having to talk after each match about what went wrong and whatever and sensing their frustration and then having them leave and having to find someone else. I'd rather it just be done automatically and that way I wouldn't have to deal with any post-match analysis or wasting any one person's time specifically. Cause if you do it with someone on your server and your team mostly loses because of you or the other person, it always puts pressure on SOMEONE, if it's random you probably won't meet that person again so whatever, no pressure for next match.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly this. I'm not bad at PVP though I just can't stand arenas.
    But arenas are the best pvp has to offer. If you are any good, you would do well in Arenas.

But i agree, if you only want the points and not a rating they should bring back skirmishes that award points with random people. Its a lot of fun, too. And i can't stand those boring bgs.

I think if they made randomized arenas award conquest points, they should at least make them more interesting so premades wouldn't dominate them. Like... 3v3v3 battles. That way, it wouldn't feel like you have to be coordinated to win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    From the 5.4 PTR notes:
    That's not what he's after.

He's after a soloqueuable Arena system.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

solo queue arena system inb4 5000000 bots.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Raids: can queue with random people
    Dungeons: can queue with random people
    BGs: can queue with random people

I don't like playing with one person because I suck dick at arenas unless it would be 1v1, and I hate frustrating one person over and over as we try to get our points and eventually disband.

If I get to queue with random people I'll only frustrate one person at a time and it'll be psychologically easier for me to deal with the pressure of arenas and their bullshit as I try to get my points to get gear.

Come on now is this really so hard?
    Raids: Can't raid past LFR. Want to do Flexible/Normal/Heroic? No queue for you!

Dungeons: Challenge Modes and Heroic Scenarios cannot be queued for.

Battlegrounds: Rated Battlegrounds can't be queued for.

If they made it so that premades and randoms would have an equal or fair chance of winning, maybe people would give arenas a shot.
    A wise saying once said "A wise man builds a foundation from the bricks others have thrown at him."

I could see something like a 5's solo queue that only awarded honor instead of CP, that might work.