10+ Year Old Account

Sunsong Farming Loot Bug - Info and Updates

People over the past week or so have noticed that stuff they farmed on their ranch is gone later.

Cause: Looting stuff from the farm, and then zoning, disconnecting, or logging off, causes the items to disappear.

Fix: Currently being worked on by dev team

Workaround 1) Mail your items to an alt, or put them in your bank, to 'lock' them to you. Performing some kind of action on the items (I don't think simply moving from one bag to another works) seems to flag them for cosistency.

Workaround 2) If you are already missing items, or forget to 'do something' with them and disappear, you can ticket GM's and they will restore it for you. Annoying, but it works. Your items are not missing (even though it seems that way)

Behind the Scenes: Players have a sort of "ghost" inventory. It's often used for GM use, and certain situations of item overflow. You cannot see, nor access it, but GM's and developers can. The items are falling into that inventory and not being removed properly. They're working on a fix. I don't know if the fix will inherently restore the currently missing items or not, or if GMs will still need to dig through a million accounts to move items in the proper place afterwards >.>
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Just an update. Bug is still live, but GM's have stated they're still "working on it". Looks like it's been active since near the beginning of the month.

Also seems to affect crafting as well.

People are reporting that a number of GM's are NOT aware of this issue, and will make comments about "Resetting UI" and using up your "Limited Item Restorations". Make sure to be firm. This is not an item restoration, this is fixing their bug. You are not responsible or liable for it. It's also very much not a UI issue.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Is there a reason why the Blue replies to these posts in Bug Report Forum and Customer Service forum are not getting visibility in the MMO-Champion Blue Tracker? I found a blue reply in topic 9500131520#6 in the WoW Customer Service Forum. (I guess I"m not allow to post the actual link since I'm new to these forums) I'm asking because I never really considered how posts get included on the Blue Tracker here

Multiple posts on various disappearing item issues seem to add up to what should be a high priority fix imnsho. This issue has been ongoing since the end of June.