Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Keep getting account warning emails.

I keep getting account warning emails in my junk email folder saying my guild wars 2 account has been conducting suspicious behaviour with gold selling and logging in from multiple IPs.

I haven't played GW2 since launch but I can no longer log into my account. I cannot retrieve my password either because it requires you to have the serial from your "box".

I purchased my copy digitally and obviously no longer have the email with my serial. My fault I know.

There is no support email to contact and I tried creating a "support account" but the website just times out and no account gets created.

Does anyone know where I go from here? Obviously I can provide date of birth on account etc etc etc to ANet employees once I get in contact with them.

Don't send anything, anywhere.
    Go to the official website and check for support there, not the link in the e-mail.
    It's most likely fake.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

Wow, people still fall for phishing e-mails ?

It's a fake mail designed to get your account details. There is nothing going on with your account. I get 5 Blizzard emails weekly about me being involved with account selling and threats with impending bans. I even get such emails on my account that isn't even tied with any MMO.

The Patient
    Yeah i get these, weird thing is i have never even played nor even signed up for rift, guildwars 2, etc (only ever played WoW) and that was ages ago.....so wonder how they actually get peoples emails?

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazcakeforu View Post
    Yeah i get these, weird thing is i have never even played nor even signed up for rift, guildwars 2, etc (only ever played WoW) and that was ages ago.....so wonder how they actually get peoples emails?
    That one is easy, plenty of websites *cough*thisoneincluded*cough* sell the email addresses of their users to other parties which use them for phishing emails and other scams, or it may even be an inside job that the website owners don't know anything about.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Wow, people still fall for phishing e-mails ?
    im amazed by it too. hell, i dont even answer anything by blizzard in any shape or form. legit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihazcakeforu View Post
    The curse network covers loads of games and it's a public secret that they sell e-mail info. Make a fake account using the e-mail [email protected] and don't register it for anything else. You'll be getting MMO-related mails shortly

Just to clarify for all the smart ass morons in here. No where in my OP did I state that I had clicked any link or fallen for any phising scam.

I stated that I am getting these emails. I do not know which ones are legit -----> but I am also locked out of my account. So likely my account has been compromised through no fault of my own.

I haven't played GW2 since 1 month after release.

Thanks for being a bunch of douchebags.

"LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE FALL FOR PHISING EMAILS".

They did require everyone to change their passwords some months back so that may be why you can't access your account.

Surprised that the Create a Support Account is timing out on you, maybe try a different browser?
    https://en.support.guildwars2.com/ap...create_account
    Morpheus: Do you believe that my being stronger or faster has anything to do with my muscles in this place? Do you think that's air you're breathing now?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I keep getting account warning emails in my junk email folder saying my guild wars 2 account has been conducting suspicious behaviour with gold selling and logging in from multiple IPs.

I haven't played GW2 since launch but I can no longer log into my account. I cannot retrieve my password either because it requires you to have the serial from your "box".

I purchased my copy digitally and obviously no longer have the email with my serial. My fault I know.

There is no support email to contact and I tried creating a "support account" but the website just times out and no account gets created.

Does anyone know where I go from here? Obviously I can provide date of birth on account etc etc etc to ANet employees once I get in contact with them.
    i got the same email, so then tried to log onto GW2 and couldnt, also deleted my email of the cd key by accident so logged onto the support and recovered the password so i could sent a support mail, all i then had to do was give some basic info like when within 72 hours did i buy the game and account name and got the account recovered, nothing was missing or anything, i did this all from the website and not by clicking on anything in the emails, the support replies are really fast and you can get access to your account the same night.

the support account is a little different to the main account so doesnt require the cd key for a password recovery

I get emails from Rift, SWTOR, WoW, GW2... All saying my account has been banned or compromised or whatever... And the only one of those games I have ever played is WoW. So yea... Don't ever listen to those emails, they're bogus. Don't even open them, just delete them and report/block them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

I once got an Arena Net email stating my Diablo 3 account was compromised.

yeah...they are trying to get your stuff, don't click it.

Really? Because my email account I use for Curse hasn't ever received any spam messages like that, and I was a member looooong before I was a mod (in case you might think that mods are somehow "exempt" from this supposed practice). To my knowledge, no, they don't sell email information. I definitely get spam phishing attempts on other accounts, but that's because once they have a single one of your accounts, that gets circulated around and used/re-used.

@OP: Where did you buy the digital copy? I know I got mine from Gamefly, so if I need the key I download the Gamefly client and the keycode will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Really? Because my email account I use for Curse hasn't ever received any spam messages like that, and I was a member looooong before I was a mod (in case you might think that mods are somehow "exempt" from this supposed practice). To my knowledge, no, they don't sell email information. I definitely get spam phishing attempts on other accounts, but that's because once they have a single one of your accounts, that gets circulated around and used/re-used.
    I use various e-mails for different things. For all "official" stuff I have my normal e-mail. For guildstuff/hollidays/webshops I have another e-mail and so on (easy to keep an agenda this way). And since Curse is quite big I decided to make a seperate one for that too, funny enough I get lots of phishing attempts on that one yet the others don't. I do get mails regarding "offers" and such on all of my e-mail accounts though.

I used to be able to just use [email protected] or [email protected] and they'd all just arrive in the inbox of [email protected] with me being able to tell who sold what information but (sadly) it seems that DB now filter out the +///// part since it's irrelevant and only used to "hurt" their cause, thus I resort to this method .

Amusing enough for me, I'd get WoW phishers on my GW email, and vice versa. Never on the "right" email for the game they were "asking" about.

Plus games I never played.

For the OP though, the support time out was probably just some glitch, I'd keep trying with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    I use various e-mails for different things. For all "official" stuff I have my normal e-mail. For guildstuff/hollidays/webshops I have another e-mail and so on (easy to keep an agenda this way). And since Curse is quite big I decided to make a seperate one for that too, funny enough I get lots of phishing attempts on that one yet the others don't. I do get mails regarding "offers" and such on all of my e-mail accounts though.

I used to be able to just use [email protected] or [email protected] and they'd all just arrive in the inbox of [email protected] with me being able to tell who sold what information but (sadly) it seems that DB now filter out the +///// part since it's irrelevant and only used to "hurt" their cause, thus I resort to this method .
    I am not a mod and I do not get those emails either.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    im amazed by it too. hell, i dont even answer anything by blizzard in any shape or form. legit or not.
    I feel ya, I don't get it either how can anyone fall for this. It's a shame that most people click away rather then be throughout and actually analyse emails / links.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    i got the same email, so then tried to log onto GW2 and couldnt, also deleted my email of the cd key by accident so logged onto the support and recovered the password so i could sent a support mail, all i then had to do was give some basic info like when within 72 hours did i buy the game and account name and got the account recovered, nothing was missing or anything, i did this all from the website and not by clicking on anything in the emails, the support replies are really fast and you can get access to your account the same night.

the support account is a little different to the main account so doesnt require the cd key for a password recovery
    Cheers mate. You and 2 other people have been the only helpful posts in this thread so far(out of 10+). Everyone else has reading comprehension issues.

I guess I'll just keep trying to get a support account up and running(using Chrome) and I'll try a different browser if I have to. Pretty annoying about needing your CD Key. They should just go with the general secret question route.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post

@OP: Where did you buy the digital copy? I know I got mine from Gamefly, so if I need the key I download the Gamefly client and the keycode will be there.
    Phishing/Scam/Spam w/e bloatware can also be subjected to the email provider. Some have better, cleaner services then others. Enterprise Networks tend to be the cleanest but you pay for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Just to clarify for all the smart ass morons in here. No where in my OP did I state that I had clicked any link or fallen for any phising scam.

I stated that I am getting these emails. I do not know which ones are legit -----> but I am also locked out of my account. So likely my account has been compromised through no fault of my own.

I haven't played GW2 since 1 month after release.

Thanks for being a bunch of douchebags.

"LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE FALL FOR PHISING EMAILS".
    Usually you can tell which ones are legit by the address and URLs within the email. You can always check what emails are official emails that ArenaNet or Blizzard (other) use. They usually have their emails that they use stated somewhere in the FAQ/Tutorial sections.

Cheers mate. You and 2 other people have been the only helpful posts in this thread so far(out of 10+). Everyone else has reading comprehension issues.

I guess I'll just keep trying to get a support account up and running(using Chrome) and I'll try a different browser if I have to. Pretty annoying about needing your CD Key. They should just go with the general secret question route.
    As I'd mentioned elsewhere, it's one of the reasons I still like a physical CD. I've got my key on a bookshelf with other games and if I ever need to reinstall it saves me time too.

As opposed to the "secret question" things, which I abhor. Questions are usually ones I hate, spelling/capitization/ space issues with answer recognition, makes it easier to simply write down the answers, in which case may as well write the CD key.