Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Level 21 holy pally..... should I be wearing leather?

Because all I keep getting as drops / rewards is plus STR and STA, and even some AGI. I believe there is more leather that is plus SPI and Int, correct? Talking about in 5 mans.

Nope. You should have enough rewards from quests and such. Of course if no leather used in the group needs it and it's a pretty good spi/int upgrade, np.

Well, Int Plate is in of itself a niche... it's all for 1 spec of 1 class (something that should hopefully change one day, though don't know how).

So your drops won't be anywhere near as frequent, but when they do pop up, you won't have much of any competition.

Until you hit Level 50 and get your Armor Specialization class trait, you can use whatever. Once you get that, keep it in mind, as it is worth +5% Intellect to wear all Plate. Just make sure it's all caster plate.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

When i level characters I'll tale whatever i get though i do let leather users have leather gear first. Using plate has no benefits until you hit level 50 for the passive and even then i think it's kinda meh. And by the time you're though outlands and into northrend you'll probably have full plate from quest rewards or whatever.
    Basically what I'm saying is let leather users have fist dibs on leather but feel free to take it if it's an upgrade at low levels.

doesnt matter what you wear really, you should be getting plenty int plate after 60 though, you get a bonus of 5% in wearing all plate at a certain lvl but i cant remember but 60 and up you should have no problems with plate, another option if you have a lvl 90 is to get all the heirloom items as that will fill out most gear slots anyway but can take some time to gather it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    doesnt matter what you wear really, you should be getting plenty int plate after 60 though, you get a bonus of 5% in wearing all plate at a certain lvl but i cant remember but 60 and up you should have no problems with plate, another option if you have a lvl 90 is to get all the heirloom items as that will fill out most gear slots anyway but can take some time to gather it all up.
    Yeah, I have 2 heirlooms, and no money to buy new ones.... well, I could, but I am saving for a pc of gear for my 90 hunter, since I don't raid.... need AH money.

After level 50, you should stick to plate for the 5% int boost. Before, however, it's really a case of.. as holy, your armor doesn't especially matter. Leather, mail, even cloth, if it's stats are good for you, you're contributing just as much to the group as anyone. Personally, I keep the rule of thumb that if I'll equip it, I should need it. ( With some exceptions. Back in the day, for example, I wouldn't have needed on a melee weapon stat stick on my hunter over a melee class, etc. ) Quest rewards are better than they were in original times, in terms of stuff with less bizarre stats, but.. in general, you're going to be wearing a lot of cloth and leather until the 50s.

Even after 50, it really doesn't matter while you're leveling. It's not like we have a whole set of plate heirlooms anyway, and it's not worth dropping the xp bonuses for the 5%. If it has int, and particularly spirit, go for it.

You can seriously wear cloth as a tiny pally. Wear whatever you get that has intellect on it. I'm assuming you're healing in dungeons where having the armor of mail isn't really necessary. If you're questing as holy, well... get a ret spec imo and do that. It will go a lot faster for you.
    Living the casual life, oh yeah.

Deleted
    I see no problem in wearing cloth/leather since you won't find proper gear for your spec at lower levels. At 50 you will lose 5% int if wearing anything else then plate but still, that is nothing. You can start getting full plate gear at 80+, at least thats how i did it and it worked great for me.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas View Post
    I see no problem in wearing cloth/leather since you won't find proper gear for your spec at lower levels. At 50 you will lose 5% int if wearing anything else then plate but still, that is nothing. You can start getting full plate gear at 80+, at least thats how i did it and it worked great for me.
    This...

Have a 75 pally, and before 70 is hard get plate int gear, so i use cloth, leather o mail gear...

Now im tank / dps and is a lot easier get gear.

The last can tell u is use the trash words glyph is really good for dps, i use and get 15k crit world of glory as a tank (instances), in pvp get 8 or 9 k in 74, lots better than tv.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with most people.. wear whatever has int on it. Leveling is so quick these days that all the gear will get replaced quickly. And as soon as you change expansions everything will be replaced. Int and Spr though focus those.
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

All the way to level ~80 you only care about INTELLECT and SPIRIT (and spell power/healing if they still exist?)!

Do not let anyone tell you "wait for plate" since it will probably never drop - Intel Plate is quite rare compared to the Strength Plate.

So go ahead and take any Intel+Spirit (or even just intel) gear that is an upgrade for you, since the "full plate bonus" is gained at a later level - and even then it is just 5% (only noticeable past level 80).

I used my cloth caster heirlooms to level a shaman and a monk, and could just as easily have done the same for a paladin. There's no need to get any other heirlooms for Intellect-based specs unless you're doing serious lowbie PvP and need the extra armor/stats.

At that level it won't matter too much cloth/leather or mail but there should be enough quests to keep you in mail while you level through to plate.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

No.
    /10char
    /thread.

Until you start hitting around level 70+ it doesn't matter at all, what matters are the stats. There are plenty of odd stats on some of the old items that were just shifted to new quests, or moved to Dungeon Quests.

Don't worry about it - If anyone at low level (80 and below) give you crap because you took a bit of LFG armour just ignore them. It is leveling gear no-one cares about.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    I used my cloth caster heirlooms to level a shaman and a monk, and could just as easily have done the same for a paladin. There's no need to get any other heirlooms for Intellect-based specs unless you're doing serious lowbie PvP and need the extra armor/stats.
    Shoot, in Wrath, I leveled my DK questing all the way through the Outlands levels using the cloth chest/should heirlooms for the 20% xp, since I hadn't yet acquired the plate ones. Rounding up packs of Nagrand mobs to burn down as a Blood DK while wearing a dress.

Thanks all..... Just headed out for the first time since I asked, and will shift over some heirlooms from my druid..... I may even have some other pcs I can scrounge up....

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Int gear on Plate is a low rating in all levels, till 90, u get a low drop % for plates.

I have two pallys and always play as a healer and leveling as holy is frustrating, another thing is over 85 u need a dps spec, the mobs have lots of life and hits hard, so u need carry two sets, one for dps and the holy one.

Why blizzard make a caster spec for plates, like the druid moonkin and resto or shammy or priest, makes our life simple and easy to choice quest rewards.

sorry for my english isn't my mother language.