Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ...
24
32
33
34
  1. #661
    The AMA guy had his pay check and employee badge in the thread iirc. The guy formed enough reasonable sentences to be in higher regard than a vast majority of these forums, so I figure he's at least not a moron.
    Brunnorx/Sofex - Zul'jin US PvE - 14/14H T16 - 9 hr/wk - Exiled Legion

  2. #662
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    The Frozen Wasteland
    Posts
    2,328
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    The AMA guy had his pay check and employee badge in the thread iirc. The guy formed enough reasonable sentences to be in higher regard than a vast majority of these forums, so I figure he's at least not a moron.
    His entire spiel was a guy "confessing" who was minimizing his fault in his personal failure and wrongdoing at every opportunity, and likewise at every opportunity shifting blame to others, especially his perceived superiors. No confirmation from other sources, no legitimate cross-examination (because no one had access to his sources), et cetera. 100% bullshit basically.

  3. #663
    actually everything he said about blizzard mgmt in general is what you can read on glasshouse, even from posters who are overall very positive on their jobs.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, John Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Agatha Christie, Steven Erikson & Ian Esslemont, Stephen R Donaldon, and recently Jack L Chalker.

  4. #664
    Quote Originally Posted by Khanis View Post
    Yeah cause promoting a 'Sit in city and click queue button' gameplay style isnt blizzards fault, its clearly the consumers fault.

    HERNIA. INCOMMING.
    If you are talking about the queues, what did people do to look for groups before LFD, LFR etc. They sit in the city and spam chat. Now at least some people have the options to leave the city and do something while queuing for groups. Unfortunately, some just stay in the city and spam trade with trash talk.

    Queues or no queues, some people still just stay in the city. I personally don't think the queues made it worst.

  5. #665
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    He says "rarely"

    Yes, there are topics on the forum every day that are against "casualisation" and some argue to remove flying. But in the grand scheme of things...those people are rare. It is not like when somebody makes a complaint threads that everybody jumps in and joins that guy. Many oppose him (to then be called sheep and fanboiz)

    So how many have been complaining? If even 100 000 complain (and it is definitely less) while 8, 9, 10 million play and play....what does that tell you?

    What would you have the designers do? Assume, (like you do) that the millions who LFR and LFD every week hate every second of it?

    Would you say because 90% are complaining threads and only a handful are "I love this game" that 90% of all players hate WoW?
    You are talking about forums.

    Most people, you know, people in the real world that don't sit on the internet tabbed out all day, checking forums do one thing and that's vote with their wallets. They don't like it, they quit. Some do not like it but carry on playing as there are still some friends there playing (Mine have all gone from the game) but they plan n leaving.

    So don't start pulling those numbers out based on what you read on forums. I think Blizzard are aware there is a big chute of players abandoning ship and I do believe they are addressing this and we will see a very good expansion. Otherwise it's slippery slope and rushed next MMO, and no one wants that so they pulled their top guns out of other projects to make sure next expansion is a real special one.

    You will see.

  6. #666
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Complete truth and deep wisdom is always obtained from reading AMAs started by anonymous low-level, low-ability former/fired employees who are angry at management for disciplinary reasons that they aren't disclosing in the AMA.
    Because someone who is still gainfully employed is going to do one? Because folks who stay at a job love all aspects of it, and it's only after you leave that the resentment comes out?

    I can only assume that folks who make statements like yours have never worked, or at least never had to depend on said work for anything other than pocket money.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Next time you guys log in, Blizzard should freeze your character, spawn your favourite mount and shoot it in the head. - Mormolyce

  7. #667
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkhoff View Post
    This has to be the most infuriating tweet I have ever seen from Ghostcrawler

    Either the community managers are doing an atrocious job, or the designers are pretending complaints don't exist

    I mean, players have been complaining about WoW being more and more casual-friendly since WoTLK, complaining about its accessibility and convenience. This story really begins with the implementation of LFD towards the end of WOTLK, then flying mounts in cataclysm, and finally LFR. Dozens of LFR threads are made weekly, how come players rarely argue for less convenience?
    It actually goes back much farther than that. I remember people complaining about "welfare epics" as early as Burning Crusade.

    I think at this point the community thinks it has some role in development of the game. Personally, I despise the entire idea of a consumer having any say, perceived or otherwise, in the design of a product. It leads to stagnation as people hang on to a product in the hope it will change to meet their desires and developers madly dash to alter their product to fit people's expectations instead of trying something entirely new.

    No consumer should be so attached to something that they would rather demand changes to it than try a different product. No developer should try to pander to people's whims so badly that the design becomes muddled by contradicting decisions.

  8. #668
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyotoole View Post
    I think at this point the community thinks it has some role in development of the game. Personally, I despise the entire idea of a consumer having any say, perceived or otherwise, in the design of a product.
    Consumers inevitably have a say, since they determine whether or not they spend their money on the product. Are you proposing companies should refrain from determining why consumers act as they do?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler

    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

  9. #669
    Quote Originally Posted by timmyotoole View Post
    No consumer should be so attached to something that they would rather demand changes to it than try a different product. No developer should try to pander to people's whims so badly that the design becomes muddled by contradicting decisions.
    Interesting so a video game you love makes a bunch of changes that make you hate playing it. You believe that you should just walk away from said product and company and when they ask you "Why are you leaving" you must say nothing! Because it's possible the company might change the things you hate back to the things you love ? And that would be bad for the game.

    I actually do the same things at restaurants. I order the meal, it's garbage and when someone ask me how it is, I say nothing, just give them a blank face look and go back to eating. I then leave and never go back. Clearly, the food is prepared the way the chef wanted me to have it. Them asking me how I wanted it prepared was just for giggles.

  10. #670
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Some people enjoy surmounting a challenge, the struggle to improve themselves and succeed where before they failed.
    Other people enjoy seeing new stuff and experiencing a storyline without repeatedly throwing themselves against a brick wall.
    Neither is "right". If you don't like LFR, don't run LFR. Same reason if you think grinding at the one boss you're working on in heroic raiding, for 6 hours every night, is a waste of time, don't do it.
    There's no factor of "respect". Nobody respects anybody, in the gaming world, based on the length of the leveling treadmill. Reaching 90 isn't an "achievement", just as reaching 85, or 80, 70, or even 60 weren't really achievements. They were grinds. The reason they've accelerated leveling is because of precisely this; the entirety of WoW's "endgame" is at the level cap, and reaching that is the end of the introductory period. There's no real reason to extend that introduction.
    If you're not a casual player, and you're into PvE challenge, you're already doing heroic raiding and LFR is utterly meaningless to you. Its existence should not matter one bit.
    People like the OP should re-read Endus's post, amongst other intelligent posts in this thread.
    It really sums up everything you need to "copy/paste" into your brain to get a realistic grip on what is happening in WoW (like LFR or the "Pet" Store).

    I played since 2004. I loved having super hard leveling from 1-60, i loved brutal class quests, and i loved traveling on foot across the zones to reach a dungeon.
    However i would instantly quit WoW if they ever brought any such outdated/ancient gameplay features into the WoW of 2013/14.

    It has been almost a decade since WoW was released, there needs to be a lot of fresh content for both casuals, "mediums" and hardcores - otherwise, without challenging content for every layer of players, the entire WoW will just decline and eventually collapse.
    Tinker + Alchemist in a single class:
    Tank spec: robotics, steampunk hammers/chainsaws, grappling hooks and heavy machinery.
    Melee dps spec: doping yourself with chems and tossing vicious acids on the enemies.
    Ranged dps: rockets, lasers, TNT critters and explosives, shrink rays and sapper mines.
    Healing spec: chemical sprays, needles, exploding flasks and other chemical type abilities to heal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •