Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
Some people enjoy surmounting a challenge, the struggle to improve themselves and succeed where before they failed.
Other people enjoy seeing new stuff and experiencing a storyline without repeatedly throwing themselves against a brick wall.
Neither is "right". If you don't like LFR, don't run LFR. Same reason if you think grinding at the one boss you're working on in heroic raiding, for 6 hours every night, is a waste of time, don't do it.
There's no factor of "respect". Nobody respects anybody, in the gaming world, based on the length of the leveling treadmill. Reaching 90 isn't an "achievement", just as reaching 85, or 80, 70, or even 60 weren't really achievements. They were grinds. The reason they've accelerated leveling is because of precisely this; the entirety of WoW's "endgame" is at the level cap, and reaching that is the end of the introductory period. There's no real reason to extend that introduction.
If you're not a casual player, and you're into PvE challenge, you're already doing heroic raiding and LFR is utterly meaningless to you. Its existence should not matter one bit.
People like the OP should re-read Endus's post, amongst other intelligent posts in this thread.
It really sums up everything you need to "copy/paste" into your brain to get a realistic grip on what is happening in WoW (like LFR or the "Pet" Store).

I played since 2004. I loved having super hard leveling from 1-60, i loved brutal class quests, and i loved traveling on foot across the zones to reach a dungeon.
However i would instantly quit WoW if they ever brought any such outdated/ancient gameplay features into the WoW of 2013/14.

It has been almost a decade since WoW was released, there needs to be a lot of fresh content for both casuals, "mediums" and hardcores - otherwise, without challenging content for every layer of players, the entire WoW will just decline and eventually collapse.