I recently read the featured content on the front page and noticed the new "Transmoggable Helms" Blizzard store items. I also noticed the utter, as someone else put it, "shitstorm" that was the comment section.
There appears to be a lot of controversy regarding this topic and 2 main sides to the argument (as to whether the helmets should be there or not) as a whole.
One side tends to be more passive -
- Who cares? It is only cosmetic it's not like they are selling tier gear
- It's your choice to spend money on this and you aren't forced to
- The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further
The other side is more aggressive -
- WoW is dying! It's a downhill slope from here!
- Blizzard is wasting time on cosmetic content rather than end-game or leveling content
- Blizzard and Activision are just being greedy and milking the cash cow further
So what side are you on in this situation? Or do you have your own unique point of view on the topic? Please do post below your opinions as I am intrigued as to how people are reacting to this as a whole.
Is this a metaphor of what potentially is to come for blizzard? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Goo...he_Golden_Eggs
Cheers and thanks for having me on the forums!