Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    we have...

Mounts obtainable in game :: Mounts obtainable in Blizzard store ....no problem here
    Pets obtainable in game :: Pets obtainable in Blizzard store ....no problem here either
    Xmog gear obtainable in game :: Xmog gear obtainable in Blizzard store ....people loose their minds?
    People lost their bloody minds when they first introduced mounts and pets for sale. They lost them again when Blizzard started selling name/faction/sex/appearance changes. This is just the current fan base brain melt and people will forget it and and move on in time.

Personally I find the helms superbly ugly, and will judge the people buying them on their lack of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    I actually discuss this quite a lot in the video I posted.
    Blizz is wasting time making these cosmetic items when they could be focusing on actual content.
    On the other hand they are making money from this to potentially further fund the game to increase content quality.
    It is a double edged sword situation in my opinion.
    They've been these kinds of cosmetic items since 2006 when they release the TCG and the loot cards. The only release difference is now you can buy the cosmetic item you want right from Blizzard instead of using a 3rd party that can potentially scam you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another thing: Cosmetic helmets and NO new race models?
    one has nothing to do with the other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    one has nothing to do with the other.
    Sorry I should have made this more clear.

Both of these things are technically time-wasters when it comes to producing quality in-game content.

But would people not rather see these new race models being churned out faster rather than 3 transmog helmets?

What would people rather see?

Deleted

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
    I don't care. I don't like the looks of them, so I won't buy them, but I'm not going to crap on someone who does buy them. Their money, none of my business.
    Would you be willing to buy any other transmog items in the future if you liked them?

What price range does everyone think these will fall into and how much would you pay for these 3 helmets?

if people buy these items, then the money will go towards more hours being spent into making better content for everyone else. so i say go for it

as long as it doesnt become too much pay to win (ie purchasing raid gear). should be purely cosmetic

Deleted
    The only thing that annoys me about it is that such cool-looking items are ones that are to be bought from blizzard Store...

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    if people buy these items, then the money will go towards more hours being spent into making better content for everyone else. so i say go for it
    They have MILLIONS of players giving them money every month. Make the damn content for those millions of people. They don't need more money from these items to justify time spent on other things... what they need to do is suck it up and put work into the game to keep the people playing.

Personally, I would spend maybe $5 tops. Mounts and pets have more value to me so if they try to charge the same or more as the in store pets/mounts I would probably just end up waiting around for a sale.

Taking the side in which i could pay real money to get from 85 to 90 instantly!

The slope is getting more and more slippery...

Note the quality of the most recent store mounts (Bat and goat come to mind) compared to in-game rewards (like the armored dragonhawks for 200 mounts). Here's hoping gear appearance doesn't start down that path. This isn't necessarily a good sign...or a sign of anything at all, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    you realize your sub is paying them to make these items, right? wouldn't that money be better spent on actual content that doesn't have an extra price tag?
    If my sub funds a team that creates cosmetic items that people will buy, which in turn gives Blizzard more profit and therefore the chance to expand their current development team, which means I get better content faster... Then yes, let them go ahead and do it.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    We're already effectively past that point.

For me, these items would have all been better served as in-game rewards (as would all cash shop mounts), so it's rather disappointing to see.
    What item that they sell affects combat currently?
    Last edited by Forgettable; 2013-07-15 at 06:00 PM.

I'm just upset that the frozen skull one doesn't have an actual bovine skull for my cow.

I don't really care, personally. As I said in the other thread about this, barring them adding an Ashbringer-type weapon model I wouldn't even consider spending any money on cosmetic stuff, I've played long enough to have accumulated plenty of it that's actually from content I had to do in game. Mounts I'll always be a sucker for, though. I have all but the last 2 from the Blizz store, which I'd have if the downturned economy hadn't unemployed my broke college-attending ass. But hey, if they wanna make items from time to time that are purely cosmetic they can sell for real money, more power to them. If they start really cranking it out though, I'd be pissed if they didn't hire people to do it full time rather than taking people away from actual development. That particular cash cow can more than support itself without draining resources from the rest of us.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2013-07-15 at 05:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard needs to do whatever they feel will be most profitable. There's nothing wrong with that and I think they have made good decisions so far.

They are giving people the option but at what cost?

Wasted time on in-game content is a huge factor here. These helmets most probably took a lot of production time.

Another thing: Cosmetic helmets and NO new race models?
    I never really understood this argument. Is there only one set of designers/programmers that are available to Blizzard and able to work on World of Warcraft at one time? Are they plunked out of a holding cell or something and told to, "Work on this aspect of the game and nothing else. This time, it's cosmetic helms."

You guys act as if anything done besides what you think should be completed is a "waste of time and resources" and that they don't have multiple projects going on at once.

TL;DR: Blizzard can devote people to various tasks at once when it comes to WoW development. Just because they're implementing new helms doesn't mean new content, new models, and facets that you deem "more pertinent" than others aren't being worked on simultaneously or with even more focus.

Deleted
    It's the ol' slippery slope. I bet that eventually there will be transmog items for all types of weapons/gear for sale on the Blizzard store. I will never spend a penny on virtual items, but if it comes to the point where the coolest looking stuff is only for sale then I'll probably quit the game. Spend hours farming gear to look worse than someone who bought their transmog on the store? No thanks. And yes, aesthetics are an important part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    They have MILLIONS of players giving them money every month. Make the damn content for those millions of people. They don't need more money from these items to justify time spent on other things... what they need to do is suck it up and put work into the game to keep the people playing.
    just because then turn millions every month doesnt mean its all purely profit. money gets spent on keeping servers/website up and running, paying their developer teams, buying rights to sell their products, paying for the vast amount of power they consume etc etc

granted, there is a chance this will fall into the CEO's pocket to get his 50th sports car, but extra money that players choose (out of free will, not forced, not required to play the game) can help expand WoW more quickly or even help fund other blizzard games. ultimately ending in more content for the companie's users

just as long as these things stay purely cosmetic then it shouldnt really be an issue morally

I think its a great idea. One does not need it to win. Give those with disposable income something to spend it on in their favorite game. As long as cosmetic is where they draw the line I am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    you realize your sub is paying them to make these items, right? wouldn't that money be better spent on actual content that doesn't have an extra price tag?
    And by selling those in the store they are making more money than something available through just the subscription would do.
    More money to be spent on something else, potentially on other content.