Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's good for everyone, they make more money and the game gets better and better. If you want to buy the helms you can, if not you are not forced to, it's a good situation.

Luckily the game won't go F2P so it still has a lot of quality years to come. F2P would completely kill the game off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    just because then turn millions every month doesnt mean its all purely profit. money gets spent on keeping servers/website up and running, paying their developer teams, buying rights to sell their products, paying for the vast amount of power they consume etc etc

granted, there is a chance this will fall into the CEO's pocket to get his 50th sports car, but extra money that players choose (out of free will, not forced, not required to play the game) can help expand WoW more quickly or even help fund other blizzard games. ultimately ending in more content for the companie's users

just as long as these things stay purely cosmetic then it shouldnt really be an issue morally
    wow, just from western subs, is so extraordinarily profitable that blizzard could spend multiples more on new content development if they wanted to and had teams put together (which some folks knowledgeable about the industry ave told me is a genuine problem). in terms of profitability, I suspect wow is still making over half a billion in profit a year, or at least did 2011/2012.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Im not giving blizz one more cent then my sub untill they make pvp enjoyable again.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yet in 8 years, they never once adjusted the sub fee to inflation, raised income and rising general costs. Oh my. Convinient to overlook that and scream GREEEDDDD.
    Well, are we using shadow inflation numbers or government stats? if we index wow to the ECB or fed's gauges, we have very low inflation anyway. the company reports in dollars, so perhaps the CPI is appropriate. I can assure you that, my pocketbook's opinion aside, the dollar world has very low inflation according to the cpi.

more seriously, the inflation point is completely valid. it is partially offset by decreases in cost of bandwidth over the same time period.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't bother me. If it was something really cool then I'd consider buying it.

Not buying those

It's really helpful in my opinion. In PVP you can tell if the target is mentally handicapped. You can relax if you see a panda with a blizzard store mount and a helm coming at you!

if it is only cosmetic, I have no issues with it, I personally won't be buying them, but if others want to do that, that's cool.

If they have actual stats on them and are equivalent of gear you can get from dungeons/raids/quests/drops, that's where I draw the line. That shit is not cool.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Indifference. They stay, they go away, people are okay with them, people are not okay with them, it's all the same to me. They don't even look that great imo.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

I would also not that bought mounts give you advantage... in certain way... they help you complete achievements to get other mounts that require you to obtain certain amount of mounts. Sure its still cosmetic, but cosmetic stuff is still part of the game.
    Not to mention XP boost which is downright total BS.

Won't buy any of them not only because of the price but neither fits the class i have as my main,paladin.

Deleted
    I don't care that much.
    If I like the items and I think they are worth it I would buy it, right now, I don't like those helmets, so I don't think they are worth my money. Everyone else can do whatever they want with their money

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TVLodge View Post
    [*]The cash from this may even help fund the content of the game further
    Yeah right, good one, all that money they've been making all these years has been going into their cash reserves. I don't think the profits from the cash store are going anywhere except activision/blizzard's corporate pockets.

I don't care. If people want to spend money on it, then let it be. They don't look terrible after all
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Honestly, I um... now don't hit me too much but I think I might maybe sort of kind of maybe in a sort of way probably kinda like the Frost Skull mask and if I had a good job would be all over that when it comes out.

Deleted
    I think it's wrong but on the other hand it's interesting to see where it goes. It would only be really bad if players tolerate it and it becomes more wide-spread but it's very unlikely to happen. Most MMOs are already struggling to keep their subs.

Alex is fine with it as long as they're ONLY cosmetic. If there were any advantages from buying off the store, Alex would be angry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I'm the one sitting on the fence watching neighbours rage about each other's greener grass.
    The above while eating popcorn.

15+ Year Old Account
    They'll annoy me far less than ostentatious store mounts. I think they'd get more buyers with a lower pricepoint, but maybe I'm wrong, as it seems the only reason to buy it is to show that you've got money to burn.

I think they're a long way from selling real gear yet. If Blizz wants to milk its players for cash well, it's a big business. I expect nothing less.