Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't really care for it. Definitely not against it like some others are.

To me, it's just there. People are going to buy it, for sure, and you'll see them walking around the towns or in LFR. Whatever. I see people transmogged in all sorts of things. Give it 2 weeks and no one's going to care that someone has a flashy helm any more, it'll just be more of the same.

Don't care really, cannot say the helmets are that good looking.

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the side of people who think this is just the start to sell the best looking items for money and start using more excuses that the design teams are 'hard' at work on other projects. Soon to come to the Blizz Store: Cool animations for your gear sets. Unlock it now for only €25,-!

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    They stated before that hiring more devs does not translate into more content or better content. That money goes in their pockets.

Everyone likes free shit
    While money to hire devs may be near infitinite for Blizz, devs are not infinite. Its not easy to find someone with the skills to design content that also can or is willing to work in the medium and practices that Blizz employs. Not every dev works out, the pool of devs is not infinite.

That being said, am I going to buy a transmog hat? No. Do I care if someone else wants to throw money at Blizz for a transmog hat? No. Does it affect my game any? no. People need to get over the cash shop. If people feel its a good purchase then more power to them. Play the way you want to. Let's stop all this fake drama over the cash shop and move on with playing the game. There have always been stuff you could buy in the cash shop and none of them are required to play.

Deleted
    It feels like TF2.

I remember playing it and i bought one cool helmet i always wanted for like 5 bucks. Im going to DL TF2 again i miss my Pyro.

Whats the next item to enter the shop? Dyes for 15 bucks each 3 uses? Because hey atleast it doesnt have any stats on it! Let those arguments go wild because this game is getting closer and closer to the centre of the black hole. No escape out i swear.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2013-07-17 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    I have no issue with any items available for purchase with money. The pets are probably great value infact and if you want an XP boost I have no problem with that either and btw, an XP flask is nothing to rage about, since you have been able to buy exp boosts (via RAF) for money for quite a long time. This merely makes things a lot simpler, no need to dual box which certainly places a constraint. Aslong as items remain as vanity items or non-max level convenience I'm okay with it.

But, these helms are absurdly over-priced. I was never going to buy one, I just feel that it is very very wrong. I can honestly say I have never felt quite so angry towards Blizzard, I'm not even sure why since it doesn't affect me. I've seen some people argue that they like it having a high price to keep a level of prestige attached, that's a right laugh. Celestial Steed was really prestigious wasn't it? Oh wait it wasn't and no one dares use the thing now without being ridiculed.

What if they are popular and Blizzard decide to make a full matching set, they gonna charge 12 euros for each piece then? That's a lot of money!

..and yeah, not entering that contest out of principle.

Deleted
    It is just to expensive imo. A whole set, well, you could think about that. but just a helmet? Make it available through some means ingame, then you can go with such a price, who doesnt want to invest the time can pay. but that? uncool.

I would like to see how many of those 'against' would not post on a giveaway promotion from mmo-champ out of protest.

Yeah.

I don't like the direction they are heading to but I wouldn't join the giant shitstorm. I'd prefer to have access to all content within the game in a game with a subscription fee but I won't quit because of this minuscule "mistake" of theirs.

Nevertheless I think the price is way to high for such little effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Theronus View Post
    I would like to see how many of those 'against' would not post on a giveaway promotion from mmo-champ out of protest.
    I won't because I don't like the helmets at all :P
    Last edited by Piando; 2013-07-17 at 08:16 PM.

I am seriously concerned that as more and more gear becomes available in the blizzard store that the quality of gear (looks) in the game will either stall out or go down. All of the best looking Mounts to have come out since Blizzard started selling some have been from the store. Does anyone seriously believe that it will be different with cosmetic gear?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the side that really doesn't care.

Cosmetic item sales fund cosmetic items. Not the monthly fee. It's not like raid/casual content dev time is going into creating cosmetic items, so really there is no reason to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    I am seriously concerned that as more and more gear becomes available in the blizzard store that the quality of gear (looks) in the game will either stall out or go down. All of the best looking Mounts to have come out since Blizzard started selling some have been from the store. Does anyone seriously believe that it will be different with cosmetic gear?
    That's like ... your opinion, man.

I've found all of the mount store mounts to be hideous. Especially the gold dragon. Looks okay on the preview page, terrible in-game. While a lot of the in-game mounts that have been added since the first store mount, I think are great looking. While I don't enjoy a lot of the newer tier sets and things in-game, there is no indication that the quality is lower, just that the art style is one that I don't really enjoy.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2013-07-17 at 08:23 PM.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should be way cheaper, like $2.50 max. I don't really like any of them though either, so I'm not going to buy them. I don't mind them adding transmog gear to the cash shop in general, I just hope they add something better looking and maybe more casual wear instead of something heroic. The price is just stupid though imo.

So long as the number of transmoggable gear sets available in-game continues to be produced at the rate we have become accustomed to (tier sets + off-sets + leveling sets) at the quality we have become accustomed to (aesthetics are subjective) I don't care how many transmog items they add to the Blizz Store.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I'd say they are wasting time on this, when they should focus on the game itself instead. It is just being extra greedy, especially for the price they are operating with.
    Eventually more and more time will be put into developing stuff for their store as well, when they realize people will buy almost anything, and pay a hefty price at that.
    Yup, that's my concern. If this set becomes really popular/lucrative then I would bet there'll be a marked decrease in the quality of in-game armor.

Couldn't care less if people buy them, I won't be touching them though.

I am okwith this. Just like I was ok with the pets and the mounts. I may even buy one.

Deleted
    I'm fine with it. I'm just not buying any of the three because I find them pretty ugly / unfitting of my characters. I mean... I like actually seeing my char's face and hair (without sticking huge flaming horns on him).

"Optional feature." The rest is petty bullshit.

It's not the x-mog helms people are getting upset about, it's the fact that they're adding a cash shop that has already been announced to directly effect gameplay.

Deleted
    Within one year the WoW shop will propably look like TF2 shop..