Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerN View Post
    I'd say they are wasting time on this, when they should focus on the game itself instead. It is just being extra greedy, especially for the price they are operating with.
    Eventually more and more time will be put into developing stuff for their store as well, when they realize people will buy almost anything, and pay a hefty price at that.
    Yup, that's my concern. If this set becomes really popular/lucrative then I would bet there'll be a marked decrease in the quality of in-game armor.

Couldn't care less if people buy them, I won't be touching them though.

I am okwith this. Just like I was ok with the pets and the mounts. I may even buy one.

I'm fine with it. I'm just not buying any of the three because I find them pretty ugly / unfitting of my characters. I mean... I like actually seeing my char's face and hair (without sticking huge flaming horns on him).

"Optional feature." The rest is petty bullshit.

It's not the x-mog helms people are getting upset about, it's the fact that they're adding a cash shop that has already been announced to directly effect gameplay.

Herald of the Titans naturetauren's Avatar
    Born in Sweden, but im going to move away <3
    Within one year the WoW shop will propably look like TF2 shop..
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

Who cares?

Well i do because its a good reason to laugh at people. If i ever see someone in the Internetcafe playing WoW with a character with the transmog crap xd
    Last edited by naturetauren; 2013-07-18 at 10:41 AM.
    OP spells at Ashran? Based on faction population? Yes, WODs gonna be the most awesome expansion ever! Propably gonna hit under 4 million sub mark.

I really don't see a problem with it other than the price.

There's only one I would consider buying and frankly I don't really care what anyone would say about it as long as I like it. Unless I'm mistaken as well, I have yet to hear anything about an actual cash shop like f2p/p2w games have. What I did read was that they were going to implement a system so you could reach the Blizzard Store without having to tab out of the game. As long as Blizz doesn't make me pay more than my $14.99/month, stays away from becoming a f2p and puts out content that I enjoy, they can do whatever they please imo.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    If i ever see someone in the Internetcafe playing WoW with a character with the transmog crap xd
    Who plays WoW in an internet café? Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    There are people that risk their accounts like that. Alot of them here.

I think its a fine idea that just like blizzard is implemented extremely poorly-

Transmog helms - awesomesauce

Transmog helms for ridiculously high prices compared to other games similar items- Sheer stupidity

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    at least 40 people I know alone, and Im sure I am not alone in saying that

I concur, so long as items sold are just cosmetic non-effectual vanity items, then its BFD. If you really take a close look at these items, you'll see how ugly and unimaginative they are. The only mildly redeeming item is the ice-crown, but it falls short when you see its just a halloween style mask that doesn't encompass the whole head. If it turned the wearer's head into a frozen burning skull, man I'd have that. I won't however buy something that looks like I bought it from Spencer's during a Halloween sale. It seems everything Blizzard puts forth in gear models just falls on its ass. Nothing is stellar nor impressive anymore, its all mediocrity. Thank God for transmog and BC / Vanilla armor sets.
    I'm rolling a Blunt Elf... That's a high-elf that likes to party.

Quote Originally Posted by entix View Post
    It's not the x-mog helms people are getting upset about, it's the fact that they're adding a cash shop that has already been announced to directly effect gameplay.
    If you are referring to the XP boost or the option to buy Lesser Charms. Please explain to me how this affects you and your game play?
    This is a serious question btw, not trying to sound condescending or trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    As long as the store doesn't sell items that affect combat, I don't really care what they put in it.
    As they say, if you look good, you feel good. When you feel really good your going to play a lot better than you would if you were not.
    In an indirect way the cosmetic gear is making a player more powerful.

I could buy TWO of the three cosmetic helms for $30 OR I could buy Valve's entire catalog of games for $34 via their Steam Summer Sale happening right now. Yeah... This is probably part of the reason why Valve beats the crap out of Blizzard year after year in game developer polls. Valve doesn't insult their customers by attempting to rip them off every chance they can.

Personally, I don't even think stuff like the cosmetic helms (or really any of the store stuff) should exist, considering we not only pay for the game & expansion themselves but also a monthly subscription on top of it but that's just my opinion.

Blizzard introduces Character Renames

Players: Okay but if you ever introduce Faction Changes we're going to quit!

Blizzard introduces Faction Changes

Players: Okay but if you ever introduce a store to sell us WoW things in, we're going to quit!

Blizzard introduces Pet Store

Players: Oh, well it's just pets, I guess that's okay, as long as it isn't gear or anything like that, we'd quit if you did that/

Blizzard announces plans to open an in-game store, begins selling Transmog items in the Blizzard Store

Players: OMG I GOTTA HAVE THESE!

Blizzard is like the government, and the players are like America, they are getting away with everything you said you would never let them get away with. Lol

This isn't a serious post btw.

Its positive because all people that likes to give out critisism has already quit the game.