Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[PvP] Looks like we're getting a stamina buff to Bear (all specs)

PVP related thread, please don't comment on PVE. Does this mean non-Guardians in PVP may swap to Bear form a bit more to soak damage? Also wouldn't this mean a buff to the already powerful, albeit long cooldown (Glyphed) MoU + Renewal combo?

What's your source? Bear Form always gives you extra Stamina from items. I don't see anything specific on the PTR patch notes.

An additional 20% stamina would be a HUGE buff, and I would advise you to not get excited until it's in the patch notes. It could be a tooltip bug on the PTR or something unless you have other confirmation that it's going live.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    What's your source? Bear Form always gives you extra Stamina from items. I don't see anything specific on the PTR.
    From MMO Champion front page:
    Bear Form (Balance, Feral, Restoration) Shapeshift into Bear Form, increasing armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 120% and Stamina by 20%. 40%.

It appears that this tooltip change was in the latest PTR build, but like I said it might not be a real change that's coming and I'd wait for confirmation. The change makes sense, Bears are avoidance tanks and could benefit from a bigger health pool to prevent bad luck with dodges = death.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    An additional 20% stamina would be a HUGE buff, and I would advise you to not get excited until it's in the patch notes. It could be a tooltip bug on the PTR or something unless you have other confirmation that it's going live.

- - - Updated - - -

From MMO Champion front page:
    Bear Form (Balance, Feral, Restoration) Shapeshift into Bear Form, increasing armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 120% and Stamina by 20%. 40%.

It appears that this tooltip change was in the latest PTR build, but like I said it might not be a real change that's coming and I'd wait for confirmation. The change makes sense, Bears are avoidance tanks and could benefit from a bigger health pool to prevent bad luck with dodges = death.
    That would be a massive buff in PvP or PvE. It would essentally negate any need to gem or enchant for Stamina.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-15 at 05:52 PM.

Bears need a buff like this, good news.

Quote Originally Posted by trystero View Post
    Bears need a buff like this, good news.
    Agreed, just be aware that it's a datamined tooltip change and not confirmed in any way. Recently Keg Smash was datamined as getting a buff and then in the patch notes it got a 18% nerf, the tooltip was just incorrect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    PVP related thread, please don't comment on PVE. Does this mean non-Guardians in PVP may swap to Bear form a bit more to soak damage? Also wouldn't this mean a buff to the already powerful, albeit long cooldown (Glyphed) MoU + Renewal combo?
    Fail to see how this is only a buff for pvp.. Even in pve boomkins and such go into bear to soak large damage like the add on HC Elegon for example.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Fail to see how this is only a buff for pvp.. Even in pve boomkins and such go into bear to soak large damage like the add on HC Elegon for example.
    I meant I only wanted to have a PVP related discussion. However, if this is just a tooltipfix, my bad.

I meant I only wanted to have a PVP related discussion. However, if this is just a tooltipfix, my bad.
    It's new.

It was added purely because of PvE but PvP definitely gets some side-benefits out of it.

Currently Bear form increases armor by 330%. Obviously 120% is a huge change. There must be a lot more to this that hasn't been revealed. I'm guessing Thick Hide is going to be buffed to 25% like other classes but even that wouldn't come close to covering the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    It's new.

It was added purely because of PvE but PvP definitely gets some side-benefits out of it.
    Ooh! Team Waffle posting in my thread!

Anyway, retracting my earlier statement about PVE - where do we stand as Bear tanks? Are we somewhat behind for them to be making these buffs? Or are other classes going to get some too just to scale us up for the new raid?

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    Currently Bear form increases armor by 330%. Obviously 120% is a huge change. There must be a lot more to this that hasn't been revealed. I'm guessing Thick Hide is going to be buffed to 25% like other classes but even that wouldn't come close to covering the difference.
    You do realize that it now gives 120% extra armour to Balance, Resto and Feral specced Druids and will continue doing that for 5.4 and it now gives 330% extra armour for Guardian Druids and will continue doing that for 5.4. Or what are you talking about?

The change won't change pretty much anything for pvp though, for me at least. As resto it's only a brief moment you spend in bear form unless you get caught in a stun there or something. They should add some king of rage generator for non-tank specs so Frenzied Regeneration would actually be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    You do realize that it now gives 120% extra armour to Balance, Resto and Feral specced Druids and will continue doing that for 5.4 and it now gives 330% extra armour for Guardian Druids and will continue doing that for 5.4. Or what are you talking about?
    I only read the note on MMO which says "Bear Form now increases armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 120% and Stamina by 40%, up from 20%."

Armor wise that's no change at for Feral or Guardian. I had been expecting them to make some sort of change to Bear armor in 5.4 since it seems likely Bears could hit the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    I only read the note on MMO which says "Bear Form now increases armor contribution from cloth and leather items by 120% and Stamina by 40%, up from 20%."

Armor wise that's no change at for Feral or Guardian. I had been expecting them to make some sort of change to Bear armor in 5.4 since it seems likely Bears could hit the cap.
    Bears have hit armor cap in almost every xpac, haven't they?

Anyway, retracting my earlier statement about PVE - where do we stand as Bear tanks? Are we somewhat behind for them to be making these buffs? Or are other classes going to get some too just to scale us up for the new raid?
    Hai.

There were EH problems in 25H ToT with things like Explosive Slam. This wasn't really present in any other kind of content yet but was definitely a possibility in SoO since we're the only tank without a "temp EH" boost.

So it's a good change.

Bears have hit armor cap in almost every xpac, haven't they?
    Not since TBC.

Isn't the armor cap 75% raidbuffed? With off-spec guardian gear I hit 73.6%

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Isn't the armor cap 75% raidbuffed? With off-spec guardian gear I hit 73.6%
    your charecter shee only shows your armor damage reduction vs a level 90 mob, the armor cap for lvl 93 mbos is much higer

( not to advertise but my little addon show the armor reductions vs higher mobs: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...PerSecond.html )
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP wise, the only real change this brings is having stronger percentage based healing during bear form and a bit more health whenever you switch to bear.
    So yes, it's a buff, however as said above, it's not yet confirmed and can still change.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielle View Post
    Hai.

There were EH problems in 25H ToT with things like Explosive Slam. This wasn't really present in any other kind of content yet but was definitely a possibility in SoO since we're the only tank without a "temp EH" boost.
    Huh? Might of Ursoc isn't a temp EH boost? Granted it's on a massive cooldown, much longer than Explosive Slam.

Glyph of Frenzied Regen could be taken as a kind of temp EH boost too, since it boosts all healing received by 40%. I don't know if that applies to absorbs as well, though, particularly Tooth & Claw.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    Huh? Might of Ursoc isn't a temp EH boost? Granted it's on a massive cooldown, much longer than Explosive Slam.

Glyph of Frenzied Regen could be taken as a kind of temp EH boost too, since it boosts all healing received by 40%. I don't know if that applies to absorbs as well, though, particularly Tooth & Claw.
    Frenzied Regen is completely unrelated to EH. Tooth & Claw would be a kinda since it's not always available.