Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Music] Avenged Sevenfold: - Hail to the King

Here's the new single A7X released for their new Album Hail to the King with the Album titled song

Found here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU9YM1Lfvt8

Sounds pretty good, they said they were going to be using older bands like Sabbath and Iron Maiden for the style of the upcoming CD.

Comes out 8/27/13

10+ Year Old Account
    Half way through it currently and I like it, it has that older feel but with a bit more added in. Avenged Sevenfold makes some great music and honestly this is just another good piece that they've made.
    Hey everyone

Def a little different than their newer stuff, I like it though.

I like it. I'll pick up the album when it drops.

Glad to see no trolls in this thread, good to see people excited for the album as much as i am

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it very much. Excited about the album.

Not really a fan of Avenged Sevenfold, they've released one or two tracks I've enjoyed in the past and that's about it, but I gotta admit, this song is actually pretty damn good.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2013-07-16 at 02:03 PM.

Deleted
    Very impressed by this, will certainly be keeping my eyes open for the album

10+ Year Old Account
    Always liked their music, but from the sounds of things they're really starting to mature musically. It's not always about having the most technical song you can make, but making the song which fits what you are trying to make. It's a great song, and I get a slight Iron Maiden vibe from it which is cool. It's like mixing their own modern style with a bit of classic metal.

Deleted
    Certainly interesting.
    Too early to call anything, bit I certainly liked the track.

Drums were a little ploddy, but it was on purpose I think, and the Rev would ahve done the same thing.

Also, Waking the Fallen is a brilliant album, so they've set their own bar pretty high.

(Also on the subject of trolls, check out Metal Hammer's facebook page, it's hilarious: metal elitists with their Jimmies Rustled everywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Certainly interesting.
    Too early to call anything, bit I certainly liked the track.

Drums were a little ploddy, but it was on purpose I think, and the Rev would ahve done the same thing.

Also, Waking the Fallen is a brilliant album, so they've set their own bar pretty high.

(Also on the subject of trolls, check out Metal Hammer's facebook page, it's hilarious: metal elitists with their Jimmies Rustled everywhere.)
    The weirdest thing is, that the controversy is all about the skull with bat wings on the album cover. People are claiming they 'stole' it from Overkill, a thrash metal band.

Despite a skull with bat wings being an incredibly generic and gothic design.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The weirdest thing is, that the controversy is all about the skull with bat wings on the album cover. People are claiming they 'stole' it from Overkill, a thrash metal band.

Despite a skull with bat wings being an incredibly generic and gothic design.
    Not saying *I* think they stole the idea from Overkill or anything, but the bat winged skull has been Overkill's "mascot" as it were, for at least 25 years now, so I can understand why some people might think it was stolen.

As for the song itself, sounds good. Not remarkable, but enjoyable, and since I like a lot of classic and old school metal I'm perfectly fine with that influence coming back(it was already there on a fair bit of City of Evil, it's not a new addition despite what some of the YT comments imply).

Deleted
    Yeah the whole skull with batwings thing always puzzled me.
    I mean it's incredibly generic and boring anyway ? Why get rilled up about it ?

Also glad they changed from that atrocious cover art.

10+ Year Old Account
    This should be in Iron Man.
    Hey everyone

15+ Year Old Account
    At first it kind of gave me a old rock kind of vibe but then after half of it I got the Avenged Sevendfold feel to it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Don't like it much.

Has a couple of enjoyable segments but overall boring. Hard to imagine this is the same band that wrote Chapter Four.

Need to move past The Waken the Fallen album, seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uldreth View Post
    Don't like it much.

Has a couple of enjoyable segments but overall boring. Hard to imagine this is the same band that wrote Chapter Four.
    They can change things up and that's what I love about Avenged Sevenfold. Each song feels relatively unique in it's own way, I personally believe A Little Piece of Heaven is a musical masterpiece but that is after all my opinion.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aang View Post
    They can change things up and that's what I love about Avenged Sevenfold. Each song feels relatively unique in it's own way, I personally believe A Little Piece of Heaven is a musical masterpiece but that is after all my opinion.
    My problems with them are not on a stylistic level, although I do have to say the styles they played around with after Waking The Fallen are not exactly the most favoured by me, I just think their songwriting abilities got worse in time :P .

On the plus side, the vocals got better on a "professional" level, but as sucky as they may have been on their older stuffs, they seemed way more varied than here, even if we don't count the fact that they had harsh vocals too.
    Last edited by mmocbbd281298f; 2013-07-21 at 09:00 AM.

Liking this teaser better: