Deterrence 8 sec CD?

Did I read the news correctly?

Deterrence When activated, causes you to deflect melee attacks, ranged attacks, and spells, and reduces all damage taken by 30%. While Deterrence is active, you cannot attack. Lasts 5 sec. Instant. <old>2 min cooldown.<old> <NEW>0.8 sec cooldown.<NEW>
    So basically they have whenever they want deterrence making them imune do damage, and whilst unable to do damage, they can be healed?
    Or is it mistake on patch notes?

edit: let the rant begin 8D
    Last edited by Tedj; 2013-07-15 at 04:33 PM.
    World PvP and how it stands/standed.
    World PvP isn't meant to be balanced, fair nor honorable. It's meant to be brutal, relentless, deadly.. and it's the survival of the fittest. It's a fight where everything goes and you use anything you can to survive and win. It's War.. a World of Warcraft where only the best survive!

Deleted
    Lol, an obvious tooltip error. Sheesh.

it's not a patch note but datamined stuff. And yes it's a mistake, they've put Deterrence on a 2 charge system. With I think a 1 minute cooldown.

or not, the recent patch says just 20 second cooldown. They actually suggested it along with disengage, but it looks like they simply reduced to cooldown to 20 seconds

It's going to have 2 charges. The cooldown itself is irrelevant, because you won't be able to use it without charges.

Each charge will take 3 minutes to refresh (untalented).

Seems right, a 0.8 sec CD would allow a double usage when you have two charges.

Deleted
    Deterrence is instant and off the GCD. I presume the 0.8s is to stop you burning both charges at the same time by mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Deterrence is instant and off the GCD. I presume the 0.8s is to stop you burning both charges at the same time by mistake.
    this, is just a protection they adding so you dont mash and burn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    this, is just a protection they adding so you dont mash and burn it.
    Exactly this, once you've used the .08 second charge, Deterrence is placed on a 3min cool down. No rants, close thread, lol.

did you seriously read this and actually think that deterrence was going to be put on a 0.8s cooldown?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't sound over powerd to me at all let it go live.

Deterrence has a 3 minute CD on the PTR server. However, it's bugged for now, talent and trinket doesn't lower the CD.

It has a 0.8 second cooldown because it has 2 charges and the 0.8 second cooldown stops you using 2 charges instantly if you happen to double press the button, since it is off the GCD. The recharge time is unaffected by this.

If a mod happens to see this then the thread should really be closed, it's been explained by multiple people and it's only a matter of time before the mass rage comes in from people who don't understand the reasoning.
    Last edited by Glurp; 2013-07-16 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It has a 0.8 second cooldown because it has 2 charges and the 0.8 second cooldown stops you using 2 charges instantly if you happen to double press the button, since it is off the GCD.
    This makes sense, that's what they did with warrior's charge ability too.

8 sec. CD between charges is bad, because Deterrence lasts only 5 sec. CD between charges should be 5 sec. or it's another nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by A Murder of Crows View Post
    8 sec. CD between charges is bad, because Deterrence lasts only 5 sec. CD between charges should be 5 sec. or it's another nerf.
    It's 0.8..... Less than 1 GCD.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    It's 0.8..... Less than 1 GCD.
    Oops. I need go to sleep then