Selfless Healer change

Hey there,

Saw the new ptr patch notes and I noticed that it now says your successful judgements generate a charge of holy power. As a ret this change makes no difference to me as I will be specifying in this talent. However I was just curious if on the ptr with out this talent of judgement no longer generates a charge of holy power if you are specd into either of the other two talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennegadelawlz View Post
    Saw the new ptr patch notes and I noticed that it now says your successful judgements generate a charge of holy power. As a ret this change makes no difference to me as I will be specifying in this talent. However I was just curious if on the ptr with out this talent of judgement no longer generates a charge of holy power if you are specd into either of the other two talents.
    After the PTR updates we can test it, but it's almost definitely a bug if it doesn't.

Could be a datamining error like the holy shock thing. That's almost certainly a datamining error.

Assuming it's not, however... it becomes mandatory for DPS pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Could be a datamining error like the holy shock thing. That's almost certainly a datamining error.
    What makes you think the Holy Shock thing is an error?

Holy Paladins have been suggesting it for a while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasture View Post
    What makes you think the Holy Shock thing is an error?

Holy Paladins have been suggesting it for a while.
    Not that part. The one where Holy Shock is mentioned in Prot and Ret versions of Sanctity of Battle. It implies we get holy shock too... Which I would actually like, but I doubt they're implementing it as datamined.

99% datamining errors on Holy Shock to Ret/Prot (duh) and to SH now being required to give HoPo on J to Ret/Prot (duh). Holy (only) will retain Holy Shock, and Ret/Prot will keep HoPo on J as default.

IF they gave an EXTRA HoPo to Ret/Prot, it might be interesting, but highly unlikely.

Still, I wonder if this will be enough to get any HPal out of EF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

Don't we already get HP from Judgment? I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Don't we already get HP from Judgment? I'm confused.
    Holy doesn't atm - prot and ret do. SH change will let holy get it, to encourage them to use an otherwise lackluster talent

Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    I think it will. This was the selfless healer buff I was afraid of. I hated judging on cd. This is the reason they changed it so you only had to judge once every minute. I think Blizzard forgot how much people hate judging as holy. The HoT from eternal flame like any other HoT is a lot of overhealing, and was mostly an IH thing. With the changes, WoG will only be a little worse.

If they changed sacred shield into a way of generating holy power I can see that being the better option. They're in the middle of deciding what to do with that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Keiyra View Post
    Holy doesn't atm - prot and ret do. SH change will let holy get it, to encourage them to use an otherwise lackluster talent
    Yeah, I just saw someone mention it being a mandatory talent for Retribution now. AFAIK, this doesn't affect Retribution at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Venism View Post
    I think it will. This was the selfless healer buff I was afraid of. I hated judging on cd. This is the reason they changed it so you only had to judge once every minute. I think Blizzard forgot how much people hate judging as holy. The HoT from eternal flame like any other HoT is a lot of overhealing, and was mostly an IH thing. With the changes, WoG will only be a little worse.

If they changed sacred shield into a way of generating holy power I can see that being the better option. They're in the middle of deciding what to do with that spell.
    I'd like to see it something like "casting FOL/HL/DL on the target of your SS will grant 1 charge of HoPo. This effect has a 3 second CD." or something like that. I was going to suggest that it only works on allies, and not self, but I don't play holy so I don't know if that'd be gamebreaking or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    Yeah, I just saw someone mention it being a mandatory talent for Retribution now. AFAIK, this doesn't affect Retribution at all.
    It doesn't. Tooltips are just mid-update.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    99% datamining errors on Holy Shock to Ret/Prot (duh) and to SH now being required to give HoPo on J to Ret/Prot (duh). Holy (only) will retain Holy Shock, and Ret/Prot will keep HoPo on J as default.

IF they gave an EXTRA HoPo to Ret/Prot, it might be interesting, but highly unlikely.

Nop the change is for holys, that get a HoPo charge with J. Ret and Prot there are no change, no HoPo extra.

But till is a good change for holy, get more HoPo and lower the cost of DL...

Deleted
    Clarification from a blue:

For clarity:

Retribution and Protection-specced Paladins will continue to generate one charge of Holy Power when casting Judgement, regardless of talent choice. Selfless Healer does not alter that.

Holy-specced Paladins who spec into Selfless Healer will now generate one charge of Holy Power from Judgement. It will not generate that charge if they choose a different talent.

Hope that clears things up. As per usual, anything on the PTR is subject to change.
    Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...clarification/

Quote Originally Posted by Bijin View Post
    Nop the change is for holys, that get a HoPo charge with J. Ret and Prot there are no change, no HoPo extra.

But till is a good change for holy, get more HoPo and lower the cost of DL...
    That's....exactly what I said?
    20k and counting...

I am a huge fan of this change for a pvp setting; I liked judging in pvp and this talent was semi-decent already and now with this and the holy shock change hpallies will be back into a decent place.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't fancy having to judge and holy shock all the time......wouldn't leave much else to do in between blowing our HoPo/HS/Judge.....