Deleted

I/level>>4set bonus?

So I currently have 2pc 530 upgraded leg and glove and 2pc 510 upgraded helm and shoulder..my question is this as I cant figure out shadowcraft
    I have got hold of the 522 s/p rep shoulders and the 516 scenario helm which upgraded would be 530/524 vs the 2pc but both 510...is it worth going for the ilevel over the 4pc bonus 40% reduction on s,blades

whats your guys thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Iodine View Post
    I cant figure out shadowcraft
    ShadowCraft (or SimC) is the only way to get an accurate answer. I recommend figuring it out.

In the mean time, you could post your armory for someone else to plug in to ShC.

If none of that interests you, the 4pc likely wins.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%ADne/advanced sorry totally forgot to link my armoury

You'd gain 1.6k DPS by swapping your current helm and shoulder to the ones you mentioned and upgrading them twice. This is with the best helm (Zephyr), and will be lower if you have a different one.

I'd just stick with 4pc. That's a really small gain for dropping the 4pc, which will reduce your opener and execute damage. Staying with your current gear will allow you to dump VP into upgrading your other non-upgraded gear too, resulting in a larger gain.

Deleted
    ok thanks a lot for the advice..was just very tempting to go for the extra ilevel but I agree the 4pc does seem too good to give up for it

ok thanks a lot for the advice..was just very tempting to go for the extra ilevel but I agree the 4pc does seem too good to give up for it
    I don't currently have access to shadowcraft, but the last time I had this Ilvl vs. 4 pc delima I simmed it out and dropping the regular tier head for H Lightening Eye Hood (breaking the four piece) was a 2K+ dps loss. I can only assume that you breaking your 4 piece (especially for H scenario gear) would be a dps loss. Bear in mind that this is an assumption and your own personal shadowcraft sim could possibly make an ass outta me.

Unless you're combat the 4 pc. isn't too strong for assassination and offset pieces should net a higher gain... that is if like every off set piece you have is 522 with 2 pc. bonus from gloves/legs vs. 2 pc. 522 gear, 2 pc. 502 gear and then a random off set piece. Personally I found that with the legendary meta, 2 rppm trinkets having the same 2 pc. as the OP legs and gloves but then gearing lightning-eye hood, poisonblood bladeshoulders and the vest of the bordomorno was the best as far as normal mode raiding goes. Personally I'd guess that these parse out better due to the higher item level as well as just having better stats than the tier sets which are pretty bad. Haste/mastery ftw!

I mean if you're clearing tot normal and can pick up a 4 pc of all 522 gear then it parses higher than off set pieces but until you can get the offset pieces are better.

Deleted
    I have been asked if I want to start coming along to tot normal but one of the guilds main rogues is also running so my chances on loot dibs would be pretty poor in all honesty..so far the only trinkets I have are s/pan upgraded 530 bad juju upgraded 510 and rune of reorigination 502 ..keep using charms to try and get rentaki 502 but alas it evades me ;-(

but as squirl says my opener damage especially for my ilevel is extremely good ..think the only way to be sure is to bite the bullet shove a legendary meta in the 516 and upgrade helm and shoulder and see the difference first hand

as a sidenote would rentaki 510 actually be worth me using over the 530 s/pan trinket for double rppm

I have been asked if I want to start coming along to tot normal but one of the guilds main rogues is also running so my chances on loot dibs would be pretty poor in all honesty..so far the only trinkets I have are s/pan upgraded 530 bad juju upgraded 510 and rune of reorigination 502 ..keep using charms to try and get rentaki 502 but alas it evades me ;-(

but as squirl says my opener damage especially for my ilevel is extremely good ..think the only way to be sure is to bite the bullet shove a legendary meta in the 516 and upgrade helm and shoulder and see the difference first hand

as a sidenote would rentaki 510 actually be worth me using over the 530 s/pan trinket for double rppm
    Bonus rolls are an amazing way to get gear when there's other people shooting for the same item as you.

Your opener damage is good because of the shado pan trinket fyi. That trinket is pretty insane during the burst opener. Someone posted graphs of how trinkets perform awhile ago and the shadow pan trinket has the highest burst out there but sadly it's on a long CD so it's a very spiky trinket and does insane damage while it's up but it just takes awhile to come up again. And to that no, using a 502 trinket would not be worth it over the shado pan trinket. Rune is dog poop for rogues for the most part. Bad Juju and shadow pan probably are you're best two to be running with over all.

I was running a normal mode renetaki's/shado pan for awhile and picked up the bad juju to replace shado pan with it. I noticed that my burst opener went down by a decent amount but the over all sustained was a lot better. Kinda sad not hitting those crazy numbers at the start though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    Bonus rolls are an amazing way to get gear when there's other people shooting for the same item as you.

Your opener damage is good because of the shado pan trinket fyi. That trinket is pretty insane during the burst opener. Someone posted graphs of how trinkets perform awhile ago and the shadow pan trinket has the highest burst out there but sadly it's on a long CD so it's a very spiky trinket and does insane damage while it's up but it just takes awhile to come up again. And to that no, using a 502 trinket would not be worth it over the shado pan trinket. Rune is dog poop for rogues for the most part. Bad Juju and shadow pan probably are you're best two to be running with over all.

I was running a normal mode renetaki's/shado pan for awhile and picked up the bad juju to replace shado pan with it. I noticed that my burst opener went down by a decent amount but the over all sustained was a lot better. Kinda sad not hitting those crazy numbers at the start though
    yea I agree..I think if i do swap out i may get very small diff in sustained but that "ahmagerd watch that rogue climb the chart" burst will be lost and with how I feel about my rogue atm even tho I love it I think I will have to stay as is till some upgrades are to be had as normal mode stuff (at least what i need most wep's/trinks/set pc) most likely wont be coming my way..muchas gracias all for taking the time to convince me