Poll: Please pick up to 3 of your fav. lock playstyles/specs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Gotta go with Affliction, both current model and the one I started on, the Wrath model with Siphon Life. I remember drain-tanking elites and watching my Felpuppy gnaw their asses off. Didn't like how the spec changed in Cata, but have much love for how it's finally evolved in Pandaria. Dunno how much I'll love it after it's nerfhammered and dev-raped going into 6.0, but that's the beauty of alts. One drops off, another rises to take its place.

From all things that come and go about warlocks, I can surely say that demon swap was the WORST implementation EVER EVER

Managing 5 dots was cool, but we had no burst or target swap. Very limited spec. Very clunky.

But for me above all the late cata destro was the best. Very low tolerance for errors, planning each step all the time. Maintaing the soulfire buff was a bitch for a lot of people, but I personally liked it a lot.

Cata affliction hands down. Post improved soulfire obviously.

It'd have to be the MoP playstyles. Babysitting a hundred dots that each individually do piss all damage is not my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Oh, you just hard casted a Soul Fire to refresh ISF? Here, let me give you a proc.

Looks like the MoP playstyles are popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliolord View Post
    Who voted for Cata destro? In what world was IMPROVED SOUL FIRE enjoyable? It had more DoTs than affliction, the warlock's designated DoT spec.
    *Shudder*

Man did Warlocks ever need that makeover.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Interesting poll!

Didn't play Warlock enough in TBC & Wrath to have much of an opinion on them. I played Affliction, and I enjoyed it, enough so that when I rerolled late Wrath I made Warlock my new main, but I had little time to play it at max level before Cata changes came. Cata was allright, played all 3 specs, prefered Affli still. Mists was great I feel. Love the new Affliction, and have grown fond of Destro how it currently is. I like Demo much better these days too, compared to the clunkiness of Mastery snapshotting in Cata.

To be honest though, I always kinda prefer the new versions of things. I like change to a degree, so if you ask me this question in the next expansion I'll probably prefer the way the specs play then, compared to now.
    I feel pretty much the same way, (though I miss being able to self dispel with the fel hunter, lol...)

I will burn your soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath and cataclysm destruction, minus improved soul fire, although I wasn't that bad either during dragon soul with the tier set.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cata destro.

Deleted
    Cata aff at the start, with the first version of improved soulfire (the one that gave 15% haste or smth).

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved playing destro back in wrath... the fact that I dont play my warlock anymore says it all.

Deleted
    Cata ISF Destro, countless buttons to push. Loved it.

I also voted for Wrath and MOP Demo.

Deleted
    I've been enjoying MoP Destro alot compared to cata+wotlk spec styles. Played destro though from start of WotLK to beginning of firelands before switched to Demo for the rest of cata. Demo during firelands was quite amuzing to play while it had the petswap needed and so on. Still it was a nice and fin spec to play at those times. Destro on the beginning of cata was kinda harsh and punishing from the rotation pov. You needed to keep up so many things at the same time and your rotation was kinda set all the time without being able to cast that many fillers. During DS in cata when they buffed destro so it was playable again, it felt way too hasty to my taste. During Wotlk all the specs were in overall quite nice, you could swithch from spec to another and not lose that much dmg overall (although the dps differences were alot smaller back then compared to these days)

Deleted
    I cannot but not notice that people dislike punishing rotations with a lot of things to track. Guess the autopilot mop revamp was a success.

Cata ISF Destro, countless buttons to push. Loved it.
    yeah, was a blast to actually have buttons to push

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's a difference between tedious and hard. Cata Destro was the former. I guess if you weren't all that good at tracking things it could be confused for difficult, but there's nothing wrong with that.

All of the different sources of damage made everything hit like a wet noodle as a result (Chaos Bolt was a fucking joke), and the inclusion of a lot of spells more thematically aligned with Affliction and Demo created a spec-identity crisis. Cata Destruction wasn't about nuking anything, it was a Fire-centered DoT spec to counter your Shadow-themed-DoT spec and your Demon-themed DoT Spec. The only thing that gave the spec any sort of niche was Bane of Havoc. And Demo was more punishing if you ever blew your wad at the wrong time anyway.

But then again this is all a matter of personal opinion.
    Last edited by PickleballAce; 2013-07-16 at 04:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hated Cata Demo with a passion. I would do ISF Destro while getting punched in the face before ever even attempting to get petswap, cd, MWC snapshot again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Destro in TBC, as well as SL/SL.
    Hi