Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    do first 6 nests of ji-kun just like you do them on normal
    lust+burn when people from nest 6 jump down after quills

tortos is same as normal really - just numbers if you tank+kill bats and people have a macro for crystals

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many people forget that doing a boss with 540+ ilvl is very different from doing the same boss with 520. Such a huge jump trivializes many mechanics that are actually quite painful the first time you kill the boss. Even Jin'rokh - killing him in a single storm with zero heroic gear? Yeah, not seeing this. Hell, even dispelling will eat over 90% of your hp, which just doesn't happen with nearly 600k fully geared people have.

I wonder how many people forget that doing a boss with 540+ ilvl is very different from doing the same boss with 520. Such a huge jump trivializes many mechanics that are actually quite painful the first time you kill the boss. Even Jin'rokh - killing him in a single storm with zero heroic gear? Yeah, not seeing this. Hell, even dispelling will eat over 90% of your hp, which just doesn't happen with nearly 600k fully geared people have.
    yet all have very good gear except the mage and holypala. but both dont need to worry about the debuff cause they dont get it, or have very strong cooldowns against it. The damage is good for the gear they have but not like you can say its so high they can outdps some mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    - Dps too hard on roly-poly dudes empowerment and wipe yourself
    I just noticed that in the dungeon journal it says that his damage reflection scales as follows: LFR 25%, Normal(10/25) 40%, Heroic(10) 10%, Heroic(25) 5%.

What mechanic am I not seeing that makes "tunnel vision and burn him" not the (silliest yet) best strategy for heroic versions?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

On heroic kaz'rajin reflects the 10(5)% to the entire raid instead of personal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primordius is probably the closest you are gonna get to a patchwerk fight in ToT.

I agree. It took us 127 attempts to down Leishen. Then it only took us 9 attempts to down Ra-den. No gear upgrade from that Leishen kill. (Leishen drops are terribly bad for our group, our demo lock never ever got his trinket.)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I just noticed that in the dungeon journal it says that his damage reflection scales as follows: LFR 25%, Normal(10/25) 40%, Heroic(10) 10%, Heroic(25) 5%.

What mechanic am I not seeing that makes "tunnel vision and burn him" not the (silliest yet) best strategy for heroic versions?
    On Heroic, Kazrajin reflects a percentage of his damage taken to all players whereas on Normal he only reflects damage to the players attacking him. In 25 man, it's pretty common for the total raid DPS to be over 4 mil dps, so 5% of that is 200k damage per second on 25 players. In comparison, Magaera's Rampage on 25 man Heroic is only ~150k damage per second.

The reason 10 man Heroic is 10% instead of 5% is because 10 man have 1/3 the number of DPS and 1/2 the number of targets.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    On Heroic, Kazrajin reflects a percentage of his damage taken to all players whereas on Normal he only reflects damage to the players attacking him. In 25 man, it's pretty common for the total raid DPS to be over 4 mil dps, so 5% of that is 200k damage per second on 25 players. In comparison, Magaera's Rampage on 25 man Heroic is only ~150k damage per second.

The reason 10 man Heroic is 10% instead of 5% is because 10 man have 1/3 the number of DPS and 1/2 the number of targets.
    kazra-jin's reflect is capped at 50k dmg, only increasing via the dark soul debuff you pass around, you can do 20 million dps he'll still only reflect 50k per player, then it's easy to reduce the damage via being a boomkin/spriest/using cd's etc.

Mechanics aren't hard if you farmed everything on normal heroics shouldn't take too long to kill. Heroic duru is a completely easy boss on pull we hero and got him to 50ish before beam phase 30ish going into maze takes us 2 maze phases to kill

Quote Originally Posted by Viromand View Post
    yet all have very good gear except the mage and holypala. but both dont need to worry about the debuff cause they dont get it, or have very strong cooldowns against it. The damage is good for the gear they have but not like you can say its so high they can outdps some mechanics.
    This is our main group.

Tanks:

Guardian Druid - 535
    Blood DK - 523

Healers:

Holy Paladin - 535
    Mistweaver Monk - 528
    Resto Druid - 527

DPS:

Frost/Unholy DK - 535
    Frost Mage - 529
    Enhancement Shaman - 525
    Elemental Shaman - 528
    Destruction Warlock - 532
    Affliction Warlock - 525

So average ilvl is 529. I don't mean to suggest that we want to just zerg things and ignore mechanics, but I want to play to our strengths. In previous tiers there were always fights that were just pure DPS burns with tight enrage timers or times where you really need to do enough DPS to force a specific phase change, and we have enough gear that if there is such an encounter, we could give it a shot and figure out who still needs to up their game.
    Last edited by Tarazet; 2013-07-17 at 04:48 PM.

Ok you have two warlock and an enhancement shaman, iron qon is going the easiest boss you ever seen with that comp.

You can play 2 tanks 3 heal have no problems at all with a holypaladin beeing able to reset stacks if something goes wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Lei Shen is both and Ra-den is almost purely numbers.
    Wait... what?

At this point, numbers are almost irrelevant on those 2 bosses. Gear upgrades have made it MUCH easier to hit the meager DPS checks. Lei Shen especially... I think it's probably the most mechanics-driven boss in the tier, if not the whole expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    Wait... what?

At this point, numbers are almost irrelevant on those 2 bosses. Gear upgrades have made it MUCH easier to hit the meager DPS checks. Lei Shen especially... I think it's probably the most mechanics-driven boss in the tier, if not the whole expansion.
    Agree - Lei Shen is totally just getting the mechanics down and staying alive. DPS check isn't very high at all with gear levels now.

Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    The same can be said about breathing, doesn't mean it's at all challenging though.
    wrong,

I never said it was challenging, but execution on this fight is obviously much harder than putting out the Numbers. Doesn't mean any of it is " hard" it just means relative to either, one is more difficult.

It's like how reading works.

you can read the post ( dps)
    and you can comprehend the post ( execution)

neither are hard but you seem to fail at one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarazet View Post
    This is our main group.
    -snip-
    So average ilvl is 529. I don't mean to suggest that we want to just zerg things and ignore mechanics, but I want to play to our strengths. In previous tiers there were always fights that were just pure DPS burns with tight enrage timers or times where you really need to do enough DPS to force a specific phase change, and we have enough gear that if there is such an encounter, we could give it a shot and figure out who still needs to up their game.
    two locks? and that gear?

you're going to wreck Iron qon and primordious