What about a demonic faction going neutral and aiding us against the Legion?

Kind of like the Knights of the Ebon blade, but made of demons.

A faction of Eredars, Dreadlords, Pit Lords,etc defecting the Legion (for X reason) and making a pact with the Azerothians to defeat it, not necessarily because they are "good demons" but because they share the same goal. A enemy of my enemy is my friend type of deal.

That'd create some hilarious interactions and add in not previously explored drama in the storyline. Do you imagine, watching Draenei and Dreadlords cooperating? Non-Legion Demons that just want to be left alone and that don't care about destroying worlds? Eredars seeking redemption?

I think WoW portrays demons as being too one-dimensional. For example I wanna know what kind of society Dreadlords live in. We already know they are damn good craftsmen (they created the Lich King's armor and Frostmourne), but what about architecture? What kind of cities do they live in? What do they do in their free time? Hell, are there female Dreadlords? Do they procreate and have baby Dreadlords or just spawn in the Twisting Nether all grown-up.
    Eredar lord of the trifling Gnome.

Playable Succubus race confirmed

Deleted
    Bring Illidan back, as an ally, with the Illidari demon forces he commanded.

Sorted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think demons being neutral should occur, not unless they were on the verge of being defeated and wanted to be "on the winning side". If anything would be neutral it would be the race that the demons were before they became corrupted like the draenei. I believe through quests we can see the cities they live in, what they do in their free time and everything else you have mentioned. Picture infiltrating their homeworld and being disguised as one of them then doing quests for them, we could learn everything about them without actually being "neutral".

Maybe having a renegade demon or two like Varimathras where they cooperate and help us because they are either bound to us or we have captured them and threaten to end their life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post

Sorted.
    This. If we do get allied with a demonic faction it will be the Illidari.

Most of them are one dimensional by their nature though, they exist to manipulate and create chaos.

Maybe a faction could see disrupting the legion by aiding their enemies as creating more chaos but I couldn't see a Knights of the Ebon Blade scenario where a large amount of demons simply rebel

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post

Sorted.
    They should've done this with Illidan in the first place: make him an ally against the Legion, rather than making him go derpcrazy and attack Shattrath...

In a lot of ways, that's kind of what the Draenei accomplished.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I think demon hunter will be a playable class in the next expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Playable Succubus race confirmed
    Goldshire Inn on Moon Guard will never be the same...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see Eredars ever leaving the Legion.

That being said, I would like to see a neutral or ally Demon Faction. Surely not every demon is evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Goldshire Inn on Moon Guard will never be the same...
    Actually it will be a little worse XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

That being said, I would like to see a neutral or ally Demon Faction. Surely not every demon is evil.
    You're most likely right, cause if you think that most of the demons were others races that got corrupted by the Burning Legion, you can say that there may be a couple of groups inside those races that hate the Burning Legion for what they have done to them

10+ Year Old Account

Not all have the green Fel taint of the Legion, no. It's certainly not beyond the bounds of possibility; Illidan's minions didn't serve the Legion afterall. Perhaps they'd be something like the Klaxxi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    You're most likely right, cause if you think that most of the demons were others races that got corrupted by the Burning Legion, you can say that there may be a couple of groups inside those races that hate the Burning Legion for what they have done to them
    Exactly, it would make for some very interesting lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, it would make for some very interesting lore.
    Absolutely, we already got some new sneak peaks of Demon history in the green fire quest. There's a lot of room for growth from there.