Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I actually managed to hold myself back on that as well. I read up on backstory and features and such, but I left instances and questlines completely alone.
    same i made the mistake in cata of reading every bit of info i could possibly find and watch every video available, when cata released i had already seen all the content

with mists i avoided forums for a while, i watched a bit of the blizzcon coverage, but not of all of it as i didnt want to ruin it all. which was better, as i went into mists not knowing anything other than a new class, and a new race and island, was about all i knew.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh I was just talking to a friend last week about how we might find the name of next expansion any day now. MoP was patented in July and unveiled in November so any time between now and then they would patent the next expac. This is disappointing to me cause I did not really like the premise of MoP and only started playing it 2 weeks ago. I was looking forward to the next expansion to decide my interest to continue playing or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should be sneakier. Keeps the suspense up and adds more excitement then just *HEY I JUST FOUND THIS OUT ABOUT THE NEXT GAME WE'LL ALL PLAY* I have no hate for dataminers but I do like some secrecy.
    I agree. It's exciting when people start speculating and info gets leaked, and you want in. But even better is the surprise of the announcement as no one knows what the fuck is going to happen. Hype is like venom.

Thats an insanely good find OP.
    I love it, and i love Blizzard for going the extra mile.
    Speculation is more interesting without proof, name trademarks always take the heart out of it.

Deleted
    those sneaky sneaky bastards

This find deserves a front page mention btw, mods get on that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    those sneaky sneaky bastards
    We underestimate the sneakiness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrUrthor View Post
    Almost certainly the lack of an online, searchable system is a key factor in this new strategy.
    Yeah that is what I was thinking. It seems to random of a place for them to file, not like they just spun a globe and pointed blindly lol. Very interesting OP. I love surprises. I will have to learn to deal with my impatience and excitement like and adult til Blizzcon lol.

Deleted
    For all of you who didn't know anything about Swaziland it is the tiniest Kingdom on earth, it is fairly underdeveloped despite being so close to South Africa which is one of the developed countries in Africa south of Sahara. After being there I'm not surprised they don't have the trademarks recorded online, in fact I wouldn't be sure they're even recorded electronically i.e. there may just be a paper in a building in a tiny African land. Go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Craif View Post
    For all of you who didn't know anything about Swaziland it is the tiniest Kingdom on earth, it is fairly underdeveloped despite being so close to South Africa which is one of the developed countries in Africa south of Sahara. After being there I'm not surprised they don't have the trademarks recorded online, in fact I wouldn't be sure they're even recorded electronically i.e. there may just be a paper in a building in a tiny African land. Go get it!

Nerd eaten by a lion while trying to steal trademark documents...

NEWS at 10!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Then again, I continue to visit this site xD
    At least one person is self aware. Seeing mmo-champion posters (some with over 5000 posts!) lamenting over the lack of suspense makes no sense at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    We underestimate the sneakiness!
    god I love that word

sneaaaaaaaaaky

This is the best thread in months.

I'm stunned that Blizzard would go to such length to keep secrets. That's really, really cool actually.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by brothernads View Post
    Well, it seems that the US application for "Hearthstone" claims priority to February 28, 2013 (thereby predating the PAX announcement) via a related trademark filing in Swaziland! See: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86...e=statusSearch

Under 44(d), Blizzard has up to 6 months from the earlier foreign filing to file in the US and retain the earlier filing date as a US priority date. There does not seem to be any apparent reason to file in Swaziland first unless Blizzard intentionally wanted to delay filing in the US, thereby "hiding" the name from public release in the US Trademark database until it could make the press announcement at PAX.
    So what I want to know is if the US trademark office had any knowledge of it when it was registered in a foreign country in order to give priority. If someone registered Hearthstone in the US during that period between the Swaziland registration and the US registration, what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Craif View Post
    I'm picturing a tribal village with a chieftain, but I mean if they have a trademark office that's recognized by the US they aren't that primitive.

Inb4 photo of trademark filed on burned animal hide.

thank you OP for an interesting and intelligent post about blizzard, truly a feat around here too many people posting clueless junk thinking they have information and you read pure dribble, but this was an interesting read.

I'm picturing a tribal village with a chieftain, but I mean if they have a trademark office that's recognized by the US they aren't that primitive.

Apparently you're pretty close.

Also I love their motto as listed on Wikipedia.

"Siyinqaba" (Swati)
    "We are a fortress"
    "We are a mystery/riddle"
    "We hide ourselves away"
    They sound pretty serious about protecting that trademark information.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Apparently you're pretty close.

They sound pretty serious about protecting that trademark information.
    Holy shit. I wonder if Metzen had to get initiated in the way of the panther before their shamans would grant Blizzard the trademark.

Ha! Kudos to the clever people at Blizzard.
    This is actually a really interesting post. Thank you, OP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Hmmmm, very interesting.

BRB, going to Swaziland to investigate.... right after I find out where the hell Swaziland is.

Can I come?

15+ Year Old Account
    maybe somebody in blizzard is on vacation, and took care of this during their vacation