Thread: pvp gems

Deleted

pvp gems

hey guys im wondering whats about it to gem int+haste into orange sockets, since everyone took int+mastery first. Why int+haste now?

Haste and marry are about equal. Matter of personal preference I would suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    hey guys im wondering whats about it to gem int+haste into orange sockets, since everyone took int+mastery first. Why int+haste now?
    Depends on what mage bombs you are running with. If your running with frost bomb then you gem int mastery since a large percentage of your burst is frost bomb which should almost always hit while the target is in a deep freeze. If your running with either nether tempest or living bomb (Living bomb is the more prefered now since it doesnt break CC as easily as NT and it recently got buffed.) then go int haste since your brain freeze procs depend on the ticks of your mage bombs... More dot ticks = more brain freeze procs = more dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    If you bathe your motherboard in the blood of 20 chickens during the first full moon after the equinox, the WoW gods will shower you with many loots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    (...) then go int haste since your brain freeze procs depend on the ticks of your mage bombs... More dot ticks = more brain freeze procs = more dps.
    i thought living bomb doesnt scale very well with haste and you still go mastery because if you set your living bomb on the target while it is in a nova / deep it gets the masterybuff (frostburn)

Quote Originally Posted by Freaze View Post
    i thought living bomb doesnt scale very well with haste and you still go mastery because if you set your living bomb on the target while it is in a nova / deep it gets the masterybuff (frostburn)
    Bombs snapshot all stats and shatter. So if you LB/NT a frozen target the all ticks will whatever your shatter crit% is snd your mastery is indeed applied to this. Full tyrannical mine is around 93%, with this the DoT bomb have the ability to do much more damage but not so much burst. LB and NT each have different haste break points where once you reach them they add an additional tick per application (same duration, more ticks) but haste also loweres the cast time and cooldown of Frost Bomb. Higher rated players seem to be taking LB ovef the other 2 bombs due to good players being able to all but eliminate every Frost Bomb.