Page 1 of 40
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Now the anti-vaccine people have a new soapbox

Jenny McCarthy will now be on the view.

As if she wasn't going enough damage to public health as is.
    Last edited by chaud; 2013-10-01 at 06:28 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Without slandering McCarthy as a person, I'm utterly befuddled by people that seem to genuinely believe that being a parent increase one's credibility when it comes to vaccines by even the tiniest bit.

I got my Hep B and MMR renewals vaccines today coincidentally so she can blow me. Good luck working in my hospital if you think the TB vaccine will make you a de de de

Wow, 3 million people watch that tripe? Jesus...

I mean, that doesn't necissarily mean they'll automatically obey the words of a botox chugging "celebrity". Sadly, I know there are those people who would take what she says as though it was spouted from God himself.

Though really, I'm confused as to how the thought process of vaccines being bad even works. "Hey, vaccines are bad! They cause autism and stuff!"

"Okay, how? I mean, that's bad, but there are tons of studies that show that what you're saying is bullshit."

"Umm... I don't know..."

"Okay, I believe you!"
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Without slandering McCarthy as a person, I'm utterly befuddled by people that seem to genuinely believe that being a parent increase one's credibility when it comes to vaccines by even the tiniest bit.
    I doubt she's going to be yelling about vaccines unless the subject is brought up, but just to put this into perspective, Sherri Shepherd doesn't know if the world is flat or not.

This doesn't really interest me as I don't watch The View, but everyone has opinions and things that they believe and will most likely continue to believe whether they're wrong or right, unless you're rational, in which case, evidence and facts should change your beliefs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    genuinely believe that being a parent increase one's credibility when it comes to vaccines by even the tiniest bit.
    And then adding in celebrity making it even that much worse for an extra amount of fake credibility. Honestly if some of them are going to spout off about something, they need to be willing to take a little bit of blame if they have fans who were stupid enough to follow their "advice."

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Is she still on about that drivel? I figured she went silent about it after the dude that pioneered the "research" came out and said he made it all up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beenie View Post
    Is she still on about that drivel? I figured she went silent about it after the dude that pioneered the "research" came out and said he made it all up.
    Of course not. She didn't let the little fact that her son didn't actually even have autism stop her. Why would a few more falsehoods impede her?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

She's not wrong, I myself was nearly killed by a Doctor's Reckless use of Vaccinations and treatments to "try" to fix the damage those Vaccinations did to me as a baby and was bearly saved by homeopathy while those same doctor's gave up on me and left me to die for their stupidity.

The Human race has survived for thousands of years without Vaccinations & Flu shots and now "suddenly" we can't survive without them? Think about it, i know you American's are gullible and belive the Drug companies Propaganda without question but seriously think about it. The doctors will tell you to force your baby and yourself to get them because it's in their contracts and they get bonus' for each vaccination and flu jab they give out, the Drug companies get huge sums of money from every vaccination, flu jabs and non-prescription medicine (pain kills etc) from "accepted side" effects that are caused by Vaccinations/flu jabs and treatments and the government will advise you to listen to them because they are corrupt and take huge bribes from the drug companies.

I'm glad Celebrities are finally speaking out against this because the public needs to know that they are in control of your own health not anyone else and hopefully we can stop the drug companies from with holding cure's for cancer and other dangerous disease's for profit.

I never watched it before and see no reason to start now. It's a recipe for destruction, a panel of menopausal raging power to the V liberals.

and was bearly saved by homeopathy
    Homeopathy is basically really, really weak tea.

The Human race has survived for thousands of years without Vaccinations & Flu shots and now "suddenly" we can't survive without them
    In those thousands of years, the largest settlement was about 1000 people. Now we have cities of 50 million. How we lived back in the stone age and how we live now have absolutely no comparison.

he doctors will tell you to force your baby and yourself to get them because it's in their contracts and they get bonus' for each vaccination and flu jab they give out
    No, it is because he is doing his part in stopping measles outbreaks like last year in south Wales that killed hundreds of kids. They hadn't been vaccinated because nutjobs who read an article in a rag of a newspaper that was retracted due to the author admitting they didn't know what the fuck they were talking about thought they knew better than two centuries of medical research. In 1820, a baby in Manchester, UK had about a 40% chance to survive beyond the first six months. By 1850, that chance had increased to about 70%, and by 1900 9/10 lived to see beyond their first birthday. It is no coincidence that the first vaccinations were devised at that time.

I'm glad Celebrities are finally speaking out against this because the public needs to know that they are in control of your own health not anyone else
    Celebrities, well known for their rational behaviour. Oh wait, that's wrong. Yeah, I meant irrational behaviour.

Until I see peer reviewed studies (in case you don't know what that means, it means that independent scientists have inspected the study to the smallest detail, conducted follow-up studies to confirm the repeatability of the experiment and confirmed the reliability of the data) stating that vaccinations do more harm than good, I'm going to insist on any kids I ever have getting vaccinated. It is reckless and irresponsible to do otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Prossy View Post
    She's not wrong, I myself was nearly killed by a Doctor's Reckless use of Vaccinations and treatments to "try" to fix the damage those Vaccinations did to me as a baby and was bearly saved by homeopathy while those same doctor's gave up on me and left me to die for their stupidity.
    uh huh.

The Human race has survived for thousands of years without Vaccinations & Flu shots and now "suddenly" we can't survive without them? Think about it, i know you American's are gullible and belive the Drug companies Propaganda without question but seriously think about it. The doctors will tell you to force your baby and yourself to get them because it's in their contracts and they get bonus' for each vaccination and flu jab they give out, the Drug companies get huge sums of money from every vaccination, flu jabs and non-prescription medicine (pain kills etc) from "accepted side" effects that are caused by Vaccinations/flu jabs and treatments and the government will advise you to listen to them because they are corrupt and take huge bribes from the drug companies.
    Because Americans are the only ones who get vaccines?

I'm glad Celebrities are finally speaking out against this because the public needs to know that they are in control of your own health not anyone else and hopefully we can stop the drug companies from with holding cure's for cancer and other dangerous disease's for profit.
    if you think the drug companies would make more money by with holding cures, for cancer as you say. Then selling cures, then i question how you process logical thinking.

The Human race has survived for thousands of years without Vaccinations & Flu shots and now "suddenly" we can't survive without them?
    There's too much wrong to address all at once, so let's focus on this. Can you find anyone that's ever claimed that the human race would go extinct without vaccines? Individuals die without vaccines at a higher rate than with them; that doesn't suggest that they all die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Even that's a real understatement. It's water.

Too much wheat grass juice goes to your head.........

10+ Year Old Account
    People will listen to a dumbass celebrity, but not to trained health professionals . . .

God, people are stupid.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    People will listen to a dumbass celebrity, but not to trained health professionals . . .

God, people are stupid.
    I'd wager that part of this is that people don't like feeling inferior to others. It's a weird fucking thing, but many people actively distrust people that are more informed than them.

10+ Year Old Account

Man you really milked that conspiricy theory and fear didn't you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It's not weak tea. It's literally just water. If the level of impurities are at the levels they claim, then it's some of the purest water in the universe. Nothing about how Homeopathy is supposed to work has been shown to work, and there is no known way that it even could work. It's one of the bigger frauds on the planet.