Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Red face LoL Jungle Timer tool/software

Hey, guys what do you guys think about Jungle Timers? These timers help junglers, supports, laner, nearly everyone to be informed by wards, objectives and so on and are fully legal.

There are many different timer out there. But I think the LoL Jungle Timer Deluxe has the most overall features and is Open Source and free in contrast to f.i. Jungle Timer.

Which timer are you using and why? Tell me about your experiences.

Cheers.

i dont use any jungle timer addons but i do keep an eye on when dragon/baron got killed just by looking at the time stamp on chat log

would be nice if i had the timer for jungle camps zzzz :P
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    i dont use any jungle timer addons but i do keep an eye on when dragon/baron got killed just by looking at the time stamp on chat log

would be nice if i had the timer for jungle camps zzzz :P
    So you think that you can time 6 different objectives just in mind? Awesome, if I would have those skills. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I just use chat :P

Deleted
    It automatically writes to the Chat

Deleted
    Personal opinion? I feel like it's a cheat in all honesty. If you need help from a 3rd party program to keep track of timers then you're getting an advantage you normally wouldn't have because you're not good enough to do it yourself. Simply my opinion, though. I kind of feel the same way about WoW Add-Ons. Some might argue it's simply "Quality of Life", but no. It's the small things like these that helps seperate the good players from the bad players.

Answering the question though, I've never used any of the programs and I haven't had problems keeping track of all objectives since I started out jungling.

Deleted
    I actually thought they weren't allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terms of use
    J. Using any unauthorized third party programs, including but not limited to "mods," "hacks," "cheats," "scripts," "bots," "trainers," and automation programs, that interact with the Software in any way, for any purpose, including, without limitation, any unauthorized third party programs that intercept, emulate, or redirect any communication between the Software and Riot Games and any unauthorized third party programs that collect information about the Game by reading areas of memory used by the Software to store information;
    Unless Riot specifically allows those programs, they will count as unauthorized and won't be allowed.

On the other hand I don't think Riot will enforce any measures because of that.

I simply don't like the idea of it. Keeping timers in mind (or the chat) is part of the game. Automating them would take some of the fun out for me at least.

Edit: Bolded the parts I meant for better understanding.
    Again, I don't think the use of those programs will have any consequences.
    Last edited by mmoc57f2e09b5b; 2013-07-16 at 09:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaeva View Post
    I actually thought they weren't allowed.

Unless Riot specifically allows those programs, they will count as unauthorized and won't be allowed.

On the other hand I don't think Riot will enforce any measures because of that.

I simply don't like the idea of it. Keeping timers in mind (or the chat) is part of the game. Automating them would take some of the fun out for me at least.
    But a jungle timer is nothing more than a stopwatch overlay with timers labelled "Blue" "Red" etc instead of "Timer 1" "Timer 2". It does not interfere with LoL's software in any way, nor does it read it in real time. You just click "start" button when an objective goes down.

You can dislike them all you want, but they are not subject to the point you cited.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    But a jungle timer is nothing more than a stopwatch overlay with timers labelled "Blue" "Red" etc instead of "Timer 1" "Timer 2". It does not interfere with LoL's software in any way, nor does it read it in real time. You just click "start" button when an objective goes down.

You can dislike them all you want, but they are not subject to the point you cited.
    Well, I have no experience with those exact programs, but kwoxer said that they do write those timers automatically in chat, so those programs do fall under the section cited:

a) As it is stated that any "unauthorized third party program[...]that interact with the Software in anyway" is a bannable offense, which is apparently what happens with those jungle timers and

b) the different programs mentioned in the Terms of Use specifically state that it is not limited to "mods" or "hacks" etc., so any kind of third party program that somehow in any possible way interacts with LoL could be considered bannable.

So, at least for me, that looks pretty much exactly like a bannable program, as long as the things kwoxer said are true (as I don't know if those programs just allow you to press a button and then time, without projecting those information into the game client in any way).

Edit: I just want to point out that I don't think Riot will ever ban someone for using a Jungle timer, just that if the information provided are true, it would technically fall under the category of programs that are bannable.
    Last edited by mmoc4dfd1c7108; 2013-07-16 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riot isn't against jungle timers since they aren't automatic, you have to click or press a keybind to start each one. It's just adding a visual countdown instead of a time you have to watch for.

That said, learning jungle timers is a part of being a jungler. If you missed a spawn because you didn't know the timer, watching a countdown can help a little bit, but that focus should be elsewhere like the minimap or the lanes. If your watching a timer you could miss other important things happening on the map. Good for beginners, but you should eventually memorize them if you want to get anywhere in the jungle role.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post
    Well, I have no experience with those exact programs, but kwoxer said that they do write those timers automatically in chat, so those programs do fall under the section cited:

a) As it is stated that any "unauthorized third party program[...]that interact with the Software in anyway" is a bannable offense, which is apparently what happens with those jungle timers and

b) the different programs mentioned in the Terms of Use specifically state that it is not limited to "mods" or "hacks" etc., so any kind of third party program that somehow in any possible way interacts with LoL could be considered bannable.

So, at least for me, that looks pretty much exactly like a bannable program, as long as the things kwoxer said are true (as I don't know if those programs just allow you to press a button and then time, without projecting those information into the game client in any way).

Edit: I just want to point out that I don't think Riot will ever ban someone for using a Jungle timer, just that if the information provided are true, it would technically fall under the category of programs that are bannable.
    Yes, I said he write a message for the team into chat. But of ocurse you have to time your buff. So the only automatism is the Write2Chat interaction. But that's no cheat actually because you can do the same thing on your own. It btw improving the gaming experience because there is not only dr 34:23 or something, instead you can write a little sentance. But that's not the problem so far. Also as the creator I have gotten an answer that said it's allowed.

So you can still talk about such Jungler Timers legality or believe me that it's legal to use without risks. So most of you don't need a timer because it's not cool to use such a tool. Okay that nice. But I actually will go on using a timer, just cuz it's overview about bufs is given at any time in the game. Just the ticking down is the part for the timer. Ok cool thank you guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elendoil View Post

You misunderstand a bit. Even if it posts a message into chat when you click a timer it's nothing more than macro - software emulating data input from your keyboard/mouse when prompted. Those are not bannable since they just emulate very simple strings of actions on your cue - the same as, for example, using an extra button on your gaming keyboard mapped to ctrl-q instead of pressing ctrl-q on your own.

"Interaction with software" as in the terms of use means direct interference in how the game's code is executed, not the program emulating a string of key presses without reading anything from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Care to explain to me how I can macro Dragon in T+6min to a mouse button? Or tB - T+5?

Would be useful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Care to explain to me how I can macro Dragon in T+6min to a mouse button? Or tB - T+5?

Would be useful.
    Hell if I know. I just remember seeing a red sometime ago replying in a thread regarding jungle timers, mentioning that so long as they were started manually there's nothing wrong with using them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    For it to post an exact time wouldn't it need to read the game to see what the current time of the match is at? Unless it said "Dragon in 6 minutes" which would still require people to look at the time themselves
    That, or you could start the game timer when the game begins. It'd be off by a second or two but still more than close enough.

Don't ask me for details though, I can't really be bothered with those timers. I tried to use one, but it was a complete mess and I figure it's more trouble than it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by kwoxer View Post
    So you think that you can time 6 different objectives just in mind? Awesome, if I would have those skills. =/
    nooo i just use chat log :P

such as XXXXX has slain the dragon [12:10]
    soulstrike: dragon 1810 guys

at 18:00 i yell out DRAGON IN 10Seconds!!
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

I do the same as Soulstrike, write down in chat when what died like OB xx, EB xx etc.

Also a thing i kinda got used to, if you do smiteless blue and then use smite on your or enemy red (taking into consideration you go smitless blue > red) and if you use smite when off cd, you will have 5th smite up around the time your blue is about to respawn.

You can use this also to keep track of dragon etc cd, but you need to be aware/able to smite when its off cd every time, like i try to do even if it means smite on lane minion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That, or you could start the game timer when the game begins. It'd be off by a second or two but still more than close enough.

Don't ask me for details though, I can't really be bothered with those timers. I tried to use one, but it was a complete mess and I figure it's more trouble than it's worth.
    LJTD is automatically starting it's Game Clock. It happens with a maximum delay of 0,5 seconds. Depends on your PC performance. Which one did you use btw?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue/Red buff are on fairly specific timers anyway, because everyone does them at the same time initially.

Deleted
    Just type something like "a" when a blue/red buff dies so you can know the exact second when it respawns. (With timestamps on ofcourse).
    It's even easier if you're giving a buff away, since you can just type and watch the time then.