Deleted

Flex - Raid Question

Hello guys, i work in a company and my schedule is very unpredictable and because of that i cant join a raiding guild .
    Now that 5.4 hits and brings with it the Flex - Raiding system, i was wondering if this mode will be puggable since i cant join a raiding guild atm.
    I am at Silvermoon - Eu which is one of the biggest PvE servers eu with a lot of pugs, so that will maybe help.
    I wanna know if you guys heard something because i wanna know if ill be able to do flex raid too , cause i cant do norm/hc and i am getting bored of LFR
    Cheers !

I see no reason why you would not be able to PUG flex raids especially with the size of Silvermoon's population whether players will require unrealistic item levels or achievements to let you join a PUG is an entirely different matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Flex uses the retarded LFR loot system, it's clear, that Flex is aimed for PUGs..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I really feel like Flex is just LFR+, it's not what people have been asking for and will not address the problems that people have been having.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Since Flex uses the retarded LFR loot system, it's clear, that Flex is aimed for PUGs..
    And unlike pugs in the past, there will be no drama over gear distribution. Winners and losers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    I really feel like Flex is just LFR+, it's not what people have been asking for and will not address the problems that people have been having.
    Yeah, except for the difference between random groups and groups that are non-random. A small thing really. Hardly worth mentioning.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    And unlike pugs in the past, there will be no drama over gear distribution. Winners and losers.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, except for the difference between random groups and groups that are non-random. A small thing really. Hardly worth mentioning.
    Except you can q for it just like LFR, so that maybe true and it may not be true depending on the group.

Deleted
    I believe Flexi raids will fill the gap of pugs and will be easily puggable(?) on pretty much any server

Last I heard, raiders on Silvermoon are upset about not being able to find a raid group on Silvermoon due to oversaturation of the populace.

You should transfer off.

ye flex is ment to be pugged, but ppl will ask retarded itemlvl needs . like 10+ itemslvls then it gives.

With virtual realms I can't see why flex won't be puggable on any realm at all, that was its intent. I think it'll work fairly well to get people pugging again, the problem is going to be that normal/heroic raiders probably won't bother with it, which will just leave a bunch of LFR players trying to do it, so it could be interesting to see if the groups actually manage to kill anything. Easier than normal still won't be pants on head retardedly easy like LFR is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    ye flex is ment to be pugged, but ppl will ask retarded itemlvl needs . like 10+ itemslvls then it gives.
    Pretty much this, always happens with pugs eventually, Trying to pug DS normal run and needing heroic item level gear to get in..

10+ Year Old Account
    Except you can q for it just like LFR, so that maybe true and it may not be true depending on the group.
    No. Go and do some research. It works like Heroic Scenarios where you have to go through the queue UI to get in, but you must have a premade to hit the queue button. There will be no solo queuing for Flex Raiding. No strangers in your raid group.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-17 at 08:00 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Well it create pugs? Hopefully, yes.

The problem tho is that the lower tier guilds and the social guilds got wiped out this expansion due to the tuning of normal mode. I have a hard time believing that guilds are going to form around flex raiding. It could happen, I could be wrong but for it to happen I think Blizzard would need to treat it more serious then they appear to be doing. Right now it appears like some table scrap mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    It should hopefully encourage more players to pug and maybe bring more life into the dying alt run scene that most servers seem to be missing now a days. So yes, you'll be able to pug it. That's the intention behind the Flex raid system, hence 'flex'. Anytime, anywhere, any size -- as long as you have more than 10 and less than 25.

Should be pretty neat. Even as a heroic raider i'm pretty excited about Flex raiding for my alts and I am praying it will breathe more pug group life into my server. Even as one of the highest pop pvp servers, theres sometimes nothing going on it feels like.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Nope. Its clear you didn't pay attention to when Blizzard explained why they are using that system - its because of the variable group size. If they had normal loot drops then there would be weird amounts of loot dropping, or certain thresholds where you get more loot (let's say for argument ten gets 2 items, forteen gets three items, eighteen gets four items, etc) meaning certain guilds wouldn't exactly be 'flexible' with it, and also to stop class stacking for specific items (remember Dragon Soul LFR? Exactly).

Deleted
    i tend to agree.
    if blizz got rid of the LFR loot system, it would have been so much better.
    i cant quite understand why they went down that road, on what is such a good idea. shame.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    i tend to agree.
    if blizz got rid of the LFR loot system, it would have been so much better.
    i cant quite understand why they went down that road, on what is such a good idea. shame.
    The thing with getting rid of the LFR loot system is at what number of players does X number of loot drops?

Sadly I feel the same way. Flex should be the real "normal" mode (with normal being "Elite") and not LFR+, because it will have all the same stigmas associated with LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Last I heard, raiders on Silvermoon are upset about not being able to find a raid group on Silvermoon due to oversaturation of the populace.

You should transfer off.
    uh what? i NEVER EVER SEEN THAT AT ALL.
    your jokeing me gnarles.. we have no damn problem finding raid groups on silvermoon, it's people who don't want to take a lets say ..4/12 save or a 6/13 save on them on a thursday cause they wan't fresh runs, it's hardly the guildies fault, it's the pugs who don't want to grab a save on a thursday sadly.
    '
    but yeh when I pugged on silvermoon(haven't been needed to really) i never had any problems finding groups at all..

They've always stated that Flex requires a group to start. You enter the raid by pressing a queue button, but you don't enter it with completely random people. You need to create the group, and then press the "queue" button to simply enter. At least, that's how it's been stated and how I understood it.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.