Daggers - My bad luck

So I've been trying to get an upgrade for a few weeks now, but even spending 6-7 extra Charms I didn't get a dagger from Megaera or Iron Quon.
    Is there no other way of getting a 502+ dagger? All melee can buy themselves the new BS weapons, but there are no daggers, or am I misinformed?

I have had the same bad luck. The heroic scenarios can drop a 516 dagger daily, but still no love for my sub rogue... I am using a 516 mace and 516 axe at the moment, and have macroed to switch to my 480 daggers for backstabbing. It is a pain, but what works for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elorii View Post
    I have had the same bad luck. The heroic scenarios can drop a 516 dagger daily, but still no love for my sub rogue... I am using a 516 mace and 516 axe at the moment, and have macroed to switch to my 480 daggers for backstabbing. It is a pain, but what works for now.
    Aren't you better off just spamming Hemo with that kind of iLevel difference?
    So Heroic Scen has a chance for weapons? I thought they only drop armor. 516 is even better, I can up that to 524.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if you preferred Sub enough, that 36 ilvl difference would be enough to spam Hemo and it be better.

Heroic Scenarios drop 516 weapons, daggers included. Although you might still get 2.6s weapons instead of daggers until 5.4 hits.

yes, I have been spamming Hemo, lol. I lose about 4-5 total ilvl points when I switch to daggers, but I keep hoping for either a 516 dagger or those 502 daggers to drop. If(when?) I do get the 502's, I plan on upgrading them, and the 516/510 difference should be negligible. My intent with the comment about the macro was to show that there IS a work-around if you want. I know that I don't want to fall out of my habit for BS and refreshing Hemo once I get those daggers, lol.

I somehow doubt weapon swapping to a 480 dagger is worth it. Don't forget swapping resets the swing timer.

That said, I'm confused. If its for pvp, you definitely need to just get a pvp dagger. If it isn't, just go combat if you actually care about your dps. If you don't care about your dps to that extent, I can't see why you would ever bother with weapon swapping... just pick one or the other and stick with it because its easier, and you already clearly don't care about your dps.

Thanks for the advice. I do care about my dps, but mainly only as far as making sure I am doing the best I can in my spec. I dropped BS from my rotation and stuck with the 516 weapons, and saw a definite, consistent, increase in my dps. However, you are also right that I don't have to be max dps, I play a control sub rogue because that's what I enjoy about the class.

Anyhow, back on thread: yes, the drops aren't being friendly, but you have a chance to get 516 daggers (and other equippable one-hands) from the daily heroic scenarios.

I had enough luck to get two 516 weapons from heroic scenario treasure chests, but I got fucked by the bug where you get maces and swords instead of daggers. I petitioned a GM both times and they fed me the bullshit that they can't replace them with a dagger version and it's a bug getting looked it. As a purely Assassination rogue, I ended up having to vendor the 516 mace and sword for 40g each, while I still wield 476 raid finder dagger of seven stars.

40 Itemlevels do favor speccing combat.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    i was lucky enough to get 2 HC daggers in MSV on my first week (drop + roll) of being 90, & the DA mace / fistwep from twins on my first visit in ToT LFR.
    Gotta say after that, my luck went _WAY_ downhill on gearing up.