Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    "The black guy says he experienced racism and racial profiling, probably just lying."
    You must, however, admit that it is a fabulous example of racial profiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    You must, however, admit that it is a fabulous example of racial profiling.
    It's happened 3 times (me being stopped for my car) It's not fabulous it happens.

It's happened 3 times (me being stopped for my car) It's not fabulous it happens.
    I wasn't responding to the car incident... I was responding to the line I cited. How can one not appreciate the irony?

Oh cut it the fuck out. You always say this stupid shit if I post about something that has happened to me, and it's just so fucking annoying.

"The black guy says he experienced racism and racial profiling, probably just lying."
    I think you just made it up, yes. They arrested you for trying to steal your own car? You have your driver's license, insurance card, registration? Insurance card in the car? They can run the plates and see who it's insured to immediately.

So yes, I think you just made that up.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been stopped by the police at least a dozen times. They must hate white people.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    I think you just made it up, yes. They arrested you for trying to steal your own car? You have your driver's license, insurance card, registration? Insurance card in the car? They can run the plates and see who it's insured to immediately.

So yes, I think you just made that up.
    They did that and I was detained for several hours after. They didn't arrest me for trying to steal my car, I was driving it and pulled over. They said the car was reported stolen, which was a lie. If someone had tried to steal it I would have gotten a call, no call, no stealing, and I was in it. I suspect they made up a random reason for all of this, and this is why I went to sue. If it sounds outlandish it's because it was.

You were stopped and what were you stopped for and what were you asked. If you're trying to say racial profiling doesn't happen because you've been stopped you are horribly horribly blind.

I'd call it white ignorance. Usually white, usually ignorant of what minorities may go through and experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    The most hilarious moment:

When the white chick dances around the black guy to get a good photo with her phone. It just looks so pathetic how she does it.

They did that and I was detained for several hours after. They didn't arrest me for trying to steal my car, I was driving it and pulled over. They said the car was reported stolen, which was a lie. If someone had tried to steal it I would have gotten a call, no call, no stealing, and I was in it. I suspect they made up a random reason for all of this, and this is why I went to sue. If it sounds outlandish it's because it was.

You were stopped and what were you stopped for and what were you asked. If you're trying to say racial profiling doesn't happen because you've been stopped you are horribly horribly blind.

I'd call it white ignorance. Usually white, usually ignorant of what minorities may go through and experience.
    I'm not commenting on "profiling", I'm merely pointing out there are more holes in your story than cheese from switzerland.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Did you watch it? The black people did the same thing.
    Which only confirms that the prejudice is somehow correct and is not racism.

I'm not commenting on "profiling", I'm merely pointing out there are more holes in your story than cheese from switzerland.
    What are holes that the police detained me when they shouldn't have? Oh my that has never happened in the history of America!

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    I find this the most confusing
    How so? Racial profiling is cultural. Not racial.
    If you live in a society that profiles against your particular racial backgrounds, then you, too, will profile against them.

Is it really... it's not unusual for black children for instance to say that white people are the good and pretty people while black people are ugly and evil for instance. It's more about the country itself and how people are taught and what they see out in the world.

What are holes that the police detained me when they shouldn't have? Oh my that has never happened in the history of America!
    The simple fact you claimed they detained you for stealing your own car, when ownership of the car is easily verified in minutes.

But then again, I guess you are taking the title of this thread to heart.

Is it really... it's not unusual for black children for instance to say that white people are the good and pretty people while black people are ugly and evil for instance. It's more about the country itself and how people are taught and what they see out in the world.
    So basically you can be racist against your own kind? Never heard of that, but I guess you might be right.

The simple fact you claimed they detained you for stealing your own car, when ownership of the car is easily verified in minutes.

You don't seem to understand... I was wrongfully detained because the car wasn't stolen and they were making up bullshit just to detain me. Is that hard for you to get, is it that hard to sink into your damn skull?

The fact that it is easily verified does not mean that it actually gets verified.

So basically you can be racist against your own kind? Never heard of that, but I guess you might be right.
    It's more proof that when you want to find racism, in anything... you might be successful.

Never heard that?! It happens in just about every race, including whites. It's more often with minorities.

It's neither. They have just grown up in a society where racial stereotypes are embedded into the culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    The fact that it is easily verified does not mean that it actually gets verified.
    They run the plates first thing, insurance info comes up immediately. I'd love to hear his claim regarding that.

It's more proof that when you want to find racism, in anything... you might be successful.
    No it goes to prove the culture of this country and how even minorities are conditioned to dislike themselves. If the child sees that white is beautiful and black is ugly they're going to think that (and often times do).