Thread: This girl.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    And please, generalizing much, gamers encompass a huge part of the population and its quite varied, people of all ages and professions play games, not just 20 year old basement dwellers.
    If we start generalizing, then the 20 yo basement dwellers have higher than average IQ most of the time. And big part of people with good jobs have IQ that low that it almost makes you wonder how on earth did they get a job like that.

If you think you are chubby, chances are she finds you hideous. Go hit the gym 4+ nights a week. Take some diet pills and join the school sports. You'll be her jock type in no time. Also, if you hang out with a nerdy group, disown them, and find a group of cool kids to hang out with. That will help your school cred. Also, when she starts to like you, ignore her or treat her bad for awhile. Chicks like a bad boy.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    If you think you are chubby, chances are she finds you hideous. Go hit the gym 4+ nights a week. Take some diet pills and join the school sports. You'll be her jock type in no time. Also, if you hang out with a nerdy group, disown them, and find a group of cool kids to hang out with. That will help your school cred. Also, when she starts to like you, ignore her or treat her bad for awhile. Chicks like a bad boy.
    Yeah don't take diet pills, focus on your grades, school sports are nice but grades are what matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    If we start generalizing, then the 20 yo basement dwellers have higher than average IQ most of the time. And big part of people with good jobs have IQ that low that it almost makes you wonder how on earth did they get a job like that.
    Generalizations within generalizations
    Aaaand not really, not always.
    Besides IQ is useless if not used, respect more a 90-120 iq person who has drive and does his best all the time (which most rich/influential people are actually) than someone with say 150 who sits all day playing games and never really does anything with said IQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    I'm sorry but I've ended relationships on good terms with ex-boyfriends except one. Most of them am just friends with now, I have no need to think of someone as an asshole to get over them and if you have to do that then I must say you probably never clashed too well to start with.

Even less so when there's been a guy that I've been interested in but been rejected by, I don't think of him as an asshole just because he rejected me.
    And yet that doesn't change the fact that it's a common coping mechanism.

It is kind of creepy behaviour. It should be stopped before it has 'grown' more into his personality, if it continues to 'grow' he'll be a proper creep by his later teen years.
    It's behavior that would be detrimental if it carried on into his adult life, but then again there's a lot of shit that teens do that would fall into that category. Calling it creepy does little more than stigmatize a perfectly natural response for someone of that age in that situation. It's definitely something worth addressing but if I wanted to be harsh, I would just call it immature.

Quote Originally Posted by thedingleberry View Post
    Take some diet pills
    No...just, no...
    Last edited by Adamas102; 2013-07-17 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goronpower View Post
    Hey guys, first of all i'm not sure if this thread belongs here or not, but ill post it because i would like to get help ASAP. Basically I was friends with this girl in elementary school, and i hadn't seen her in around 2 years because of medical issues where i was not able to go to school. Anyways i wanted to go visit her about a few months ago at school and once i saw her she seemed happy that i was there, but after a couple days of talking with her again she said " your acting weird, and saying weird things." The next day she said, politely as she could, that she didnt want to hang out with me anymore. She said something similar to this "Hey (name) i need to tell you something, i cant hang out with you because i want to have some time with my other friends, and I'm too busy outside of school to hang out with you, sorry i hope you understand." But here's the problem, I keep having dreams about her and us being friends again ( not sexual at all) and i cannot get rid of them, even if I keep thinking before i go to bed that she is a bitch. i really don't know what to do guys. Should i call her up and try to get back together (we were always only friends, but i eventually always wanted to be her BF.)? Or should i just keep trying to forget about it?
    I have a therapist but i don't get to see him for a while. Would really appreciate the help guys, thanks.

tl;dr: was friends with this girl in elementary school,but missed school until 8th grade do to medical issues, was trying to get to be friends with her again, she rejected me, im still having non sexual dreams about her. dont know what to do.

Other facts: I am going into 9th grade this fall, and so is she. i was friends with her since 4th grade, im a bit chubby( dont think she would care about this but people change i guess), but pretty smart

okay, thanks again guys, try to read the whole thing. But just incase your lazy i put a tl;dr.
    You need to understand one thing, as hard as it may be... theres fucking millions of other women out there.... this crush wont last forever, they never do.
    It might seem impossible because you've convinced yourself shes a magical fairy princess that god put on this planet just for you, but thats not true.
    If she isn't interested then move on, its the healthiest thing you can do for your own sake..

GL with the medical stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you should PM obdigore and ask him. He gives great relationship advice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    I think you should PM obdigore and ask him. He gives great relationship advice.
    She's obviously sleeping with his parents.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

let me tell you this the hard way..

there is a thing about dreams..
    poeple dream of stuff that is never going to happen most of the time , guess thats just an other useless thing like hope , trying to smooth life for poeple who have a rough time ^^

havent had a dream the past 10 years :> or i dont remeber them anyway i am happy about it .
    Last edited by Uselessrouge; 2013-07-17 at 04:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    And yet that doesn't change the fact that it's a common coping mechanism.
    I'd call that a maladaptive coping mechanism. It's better to get a new friend rather than go "what a fucking asshole/bitch he/she was" and just denounce them entirely, some people just aren't meant to be as couples, they can be friends but not a couple.

It's behavior that would be detrimental if it carried on into his adult life, but then again there's a lot of shit that teens do that would fall into that category. Calling it creepy does little more than stigmatize a perfectly natural response for someone of that age in that situation.
    I've only seen people who have been of the belief that I don't have a will of my own react that way to rejection. It's freaking creepy, acting like you know what the girl wants better than herself.

It's definitely something worth addressing but if I wanted to be harsh, I would just call it immature.
    I'm sorry but that is not immature. It's downright creepy and sending signals of the type "I know better than her what she wants" if he continues trying to get together with her despite her telling him she doesn't want to spend time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Snip
    I don't even know why I bother... You read so much convoluted shit into what is a pretty simple case of "teenager's first crush". Almost everyone in this thread is already telling him (without being super condescending) to move on and not get so fixated on things that are outside of his control.

Now, lets imagine the OP was a 13-14 year old girl talking about how she can't get over this cute boy that doesn't want to hang out with her. Now I come along and tell her to stop being such a fucking creep and just leave the guy alone before she grows up to be some sort of skanky ass stage 5 clinger. I wonder if you would back me up while I tell a little girl how repulsive and abnormal her behavior is. Maybe you would, but I doubt it.

Deleted
    I don't even know why I bother... You read so much convoluted shit into what is a pretty simple case of "teenager's first crush". Almost everyone in this thread is already telling him (without being super condescending) to move on and not get so fixated on things that are outside of his control.
    I'm pretty sure none of the boys that had their "teenager first crush" on me behaved in such a creepy way.

Now, lets imagine the OP was a 13-14 year old girl talking about how she can't get over this cute boy that doesn't want to hang out with her. Now I come along and tell her to stop being such a fucking creep and just leave the guy alone before she grows up to be some sort of skanky ass stage 5 clinger. I wonder if you would back me up while I tell a little girl how repulsive and abnormal her behavior is. Maybe you would, but I doubt it.
    Obsessing over someone to the point that you want to get together(With the hope of becoming their partner) when they don't want to is creepy no matter if it's from a boy or girl.

dude, you need to completely ignore her. she sounds like an asshole. most girl get super irritated when you wont talk to them. and the start to wonder what and it eats away at us. lol i bet with in a few weeks she come at you all mad and say your being a jerk by ignoring her...thats when you say what you need to say to her

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    What has age got to do with it? He is 14, in the UK you leave Secondary School 2 years later.
    not anymore you dont

What you need to do is smack her butt in front of her friends. Girls love confidence. Don't be afraid to plant one on her after a spin-grab too. Assert yourself! If she slaps your face afterwards she is just being playful. For instance: in this picture, the soldier and nurse never knew each other, but look how well it turned out!

CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.