[hunter] i dont really use any macros, am i missing the boat?

are there some standard issue macros i should be using?

any help - suggestions appreciated.

I have not played a hunter substantially yet, so I cannot offer specific class advice.
    But offering my 2c from reading the title, macros are a powerful tool but still not what I would call intuitive.
    The vast majority of users are likely to be using a few pretty standard ones with little variation.
    Few understand enough to come up with their own.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have not played a hunter substantially yet, so I cannot offer specific class advice.
    But offering my 2c from reading the title, macros are a powerful tool but still not what I would call intuitive.
    The vast majority of users are likely to be using a few pretty standard ones with little variation.
    Few understand enough to come up with their own.
    Uhh...what? The only thing not intuitive is your post.

Before MoP, there were a few "mandatory" hunter macros like binding Aspect of the Fox and Cobra Shot together, but these days you don't really need any. Check out this post for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    for pve? nope, no macros are needed, exept maybe some quality of life macros like mouseover silencing shot or macroing trap luncher into traps

There's a few I like to use, but are not really mandatory. I don't have them right now as I'm at work, but they're mainly just QoL macros.
    One is for misdirection. It will attempt to md your focus target first, if no focus then your target, if no target then your target's target, and lastly if nothing else targeted, your pet. Another is an all purpose pet macro, where it will call your pet if none is out, do mend pet if your pet is out, and revive pet if your pet is dead.

I also macro synapse spring/orc racial/trinkets into explosive shot as I'm too lazy to micromanage those.
    Last edited by Rocksteadee; 2013-07-17 at 01:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    one thing i use macros for is clustering more abilities into buttons closer to my fingers.

for example I use macros like
    /cast [mod] Multi Shot; Arcane Shot
    and
    /cast [mod] Serpent Sting; Cobra Shot

that way i don't have to REACH to get to the buttons i need often.

I also have macros that pop all my cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splondir View Post

Before MoP, there were a few "mandatory" hunter macros like binding Aspect of the Fox and Cobra Shot together, but these days you don't really need any. Check out this post for some.
    In PvP yes, but if you did that in PvE you were losing out on a lot of damage. It was far from mandatory, in fact whenever I saw a hunter with that macro I laughed.

Deleted
    StartAttack on all spells, MD, AS+Gloves, Swifty Macro.. thats it :-D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splondir View Post

Even those macros weren't mandatory as they basically reduced your DPS opposed to someone manually switching aspects.

Right now I doubt there are any mandatory hunter macros, at least not for PvE. If you're talking PvP, then yeah, there are lots of macros that are basically mandatory.

Deleted

Angry

I attempted to post my misdirection macro, but I'm "not allowed to post any kinds of links, images or videos until you post a few times."

Way to go Forum Software Sir. Way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    If you're talking PvP, then yeah, there are lots of macros that are basically mandatory.
    some of the ones already linked?

Macros for a Hunter will help by maximizing damage on a target switching. Also, they are good for baking some cooldowns that line up and are off GCD. Here are some that I use. Might not be completely correct. Writing them off the top of my head from work.

#showtooltip
    /petattack
    /cast Kill Command

#showtooltip
    /petattack
    /use 10
    /cast Explosive Shot

#showtooltip
    /use 10
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rapid Fire

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Disengage

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    #showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast Disengage
    This with deterrence and silencing shot are good too.