Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
5
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #281
    The Bliz store is just the naturally evolution of what all MMO games are doing these days. I honestly doubt it had anything to do with players buying mounts from the store. If anything, they've been extremely slow in joining the party with their own store.

    That and they want more money from us.
    We are warriors, born from the light
    An army for freedom, defenders of life
    Warriors, euphoria will rise
    Returning from darkness we bury all lies

  2. #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Experience boost is also something you can earn in the game, through heirloom armor and farming Krol the Blade. As a store item it's kind of a waste for anyone but new players who don't have a max level main. Remember those? Would sure be nice to see some again...
    True... we will not see many new players coming in if WOW will go: Buy the box + buy the expansions + pay the sub + buy ingame currency for real money + Welcome to the ingame shop. To act like that is some sort of convenient for players... just lol.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    The Bliz store is just the naturally evolution of what all MMO games are doing these days. I honestly doubt it had anything to do with players buying mounts from the store. If anything, they've been extremely slow in joining the party with their own store.

    That and they want more money from us.
    Blizz store is natural evolution ye. Ingame cash shop in WOW is not. Unless BLizzard goes the same way as the other games have gone with "natural evolution" and removes mandatory subs when they add ingame cash shop.
    Last edited by Duster505; 2013-07-17 at 11:15 AM.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    ... if people hadn't enthusiastically bought those mounts and half a dozen pets, if people hadn't abuse RAF with wild abandon, if people don't buy 4 additional accounts just so they can "pwn" in BGs. But "we" did, convincing Blizzard that all that is financially very profitable.

    The only way to shut down the store is to stop buying ... ya, good luck with that. LOL

    So what next?

    Haircuts?
    Beards?
    Eyebrows?
    Faces?
    Tattoos?
    Skin colour?
    Spell effects?
    Improved animation?

    Heck, feel Alliance/Horde isn't "winning" enough? Buy a "vote" for the next Alliance/Horde victory/defeat! Only $1 at the Blizzard Store. Why not? Blizzard has shown that everything is for sale, everything has a price. It's not like it "affects" gameplay.

    Welcome to Capitalism I suppose. Ideals, integrity, "having a vision", screw all that. The "God" that is money is all that matters. In the words of the Lich King, "In the end, you will all serve me.".
    I thought we'd make it at least 10 posts before someone dropped the "i" word (new swear against Blizzard, integrity) after reading the title. Good thing I'm not a betting man.
    #blizzisevilebecausetheyarepreventingmefromenjoyingtheirproductswithapricetag #blizzardisprovidinganadditionalservicethatpeopleaskedforandthepeoplewhodidntaskforitarepi ssedbecausetheywanteverythinghandedtothemlikeentitledassholes #whydoessubwaycharge5bucksforasandwichwhenicouldeatmyneighborsdogshitforfree #mcdonaldsmakesenoughmoneyishouldgettheirfoodforfree

  4. #284
    Although the OP didn't word it quite right, a lot of the posts here prove his point.

    We're the consumer, it's our job to ressist and haggle so suppliers don't take advantage of us.
    Yet I see posts here akin to cats in heat rubbing their butts in Blizzard's faces just begging to be ravaged.
    A gross over exaggeration of course but I believe my point is clear.

    Personaly I've given up the fight against these fanboys who seem to not only condone but WISH to throw every last penny at Blizzard, completely throwing away their responsibility as consumers.
    For me it's just a bit sad that sometimes the coolest mounts and now some of the best looking helmets are only obtainable through real money transactions.

    Not too long ago a bat mount came out, finaly I thought, something fitting for my Forsaken characters, I bet it's some kind of difficult raid achievement or some such though. Haha, how naive. I suppose I always knew inside that it would be sold for cold hard cash.
    I don't pay for these things, I find the store and other paid actions such as transfers an insult to their customers.
    Maybe one day the majority will agree and we'll be able to make a stand, but that day is not today.

  5. #285
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,660
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    If reason and logic are to win this... Blizzard needs to admit like very other F2P game out there has done - that having both ingame cash shop and mandatory sub is not acceptable way to treat consumers.
    If reason and logic are to win this, people need to constrain their arguments within the bounds of reason and logic. Issuing a blanket statement that "having both ingame shop and mandatory sub is not acceptable way to treat consumers" is neither reasonable nor logical.

    Surely there are parameters within which having an ingame shop in a subscription based game is acceptable?

    If you think their actions are unacceptable, you need to identify the consequences that make is so. Having an ingame shop cannot in and of itself be a bad thing. Things that would probably be unacceptable would include:

    1) Advertising spam detracting from the game
    2) Players feeling pressured into buying stuff from the store not because they want the items, but because they feel they need them.
    3) Related to 2) above: A situation where the majority of the playerbase is using the store because it simply makes for a better default gaming experience.

    Having a sub based game with a shop makes a LOT of sense when the items on the shop are targetting minorities within the game. Once a significant majority of the playerbase elects to buy an item from the shop, then that feature should really come standard with the subscription. But as long as there are still significant numbers of players not buying a certain item, then it makes no sense to charge them extra on their subscription in order to get that item.

    At the end of the day, Blizzard want to achieve a certain profit margin. They can either raise the subscriptions across the board, or offer optional extras to those who are willing to pay for them. Which would you rather have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    like you say - that Blizzard can not do whatever to make money and think the subscribers will just keep paying.
    I did not say that. I said something completely different: There are times when customers will respond unpredictably and overreact to something that is actually rather benign.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    To me Blizzard is not in any bind. WOW has ALWAYS been sub based game. If few % of the player base is demanding in game cash shop... then Blizzard should come out and simply point out what WOW has always been built around.
    So, because it's always been that way, they should never change or try to adapt to changing customer requirements? Seriously, the objective of any good firm should be to adapt and accomodate it's customers. If customers are indicating that they are happy to pay a bit extra to get xyz, it would be idiotic to ignore that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    But if Blizzard wants to add ingame cash shop they simply will have to change the entire business model of the game... with ingame currency that is directly connected with real money like all the F2P games are doing.
    You need to start thinking out of the box. I don't want WoW to go F2P. That would be in my mind a "bad" solution. I also don't think that a flat out increase to their monthly subscription would be a great idea either - can you imagine the outrage?

    Sorry, but their "hybrid" approach is far more palatable to me and many others.

  6. #286
    Well, 12 Euros in the European Store



    http://eu.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?id=221005502
    Last edited by Hipnos14; 2013-07-17 at 01:08 PM.

  7. #287
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,179
    I can not wait until people will have to buy the remodels.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

  8. #288
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,713
    Brb, porting to OG to see how many people already are running around with them.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I can not wait until people will have to buy the remodels.

    Doubt they will charge money for them. It will piss off way to many people.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    Doubt they will charge money for them. It will piss off way to many people.
    But is only cosmetic...xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

  11. #291
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I can not wait until people will have to buy the remodels.
    I cannot wait until people start to complain that the horns aren't green.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipnos14 View Post
    But is only cosmetic...xDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    I know right ;D

    But yeah,models are hyped too much to end up in the cash shop.

  13. #293
    Pandaren Monk Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    1,960
    I love the people who say the things you will be able to buy are only cosmetic, a blue post already said they are going to be selling extra roll on gear coins and other such things.

  14. #294
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    I love the people who say the things you will be able to buy are only cosmetic, a blue post already said they are going to be selling extra roll on gear coins and other such things.
    Would you be so kind to give me a link to this blue post?
    As far as I know, they only said that they might sell Lesser Charms.

  15. #295
    Pandaren Monk Seefer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A little south of sanity
    Posts
    1,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    Would you be so kind to give me a link to this blue post?
    As far as I know, they only said that they might sell Lesser Charms.
    Yeah it's Lesser Charms, but it is still NOT a cosmetic thing, and where will it end?

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Personally I've never understood the ruckus over EA, but that's beside the point. It doesn't matter if a company is close to its customers or not, the main goal of any company is to make money. To do that, they have to do what they think is in their best interest while not losing too many customers. This is the reality of business. Blizzard knows that there are people who think they can move the world by unsubscribing in protest to whatever so-called "cash grab" they come out with next and they know that these people are utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
    I did 'sales" in highschool and you want to know what they taught me ? Make the customers happy and they'll return. If a barmaid is friendly to a customer and chat's with that person, listens to opinions and works towards what the customers want, those will keep coming back AND even spend more. By ignoring game balancing issues, worse content and less polished work, you don't make customers happy. Enough people already quit the game due to becoming " the same all over again", "we all look the same", "don't have to do effort to get something"... Instead what they do is spend time on creating items and such which are OPTIONAL, but where a lot more time has gone into. Remember the "heart of the aspects" mount ? New ingame model. Same for the pets on the store. Back when they were released you only had Cockroaches/Moths and other regular pets, and then came those "good looking" LiL KT, Ragnaros etc pets. You see the effort put into those products ? The difference in work in comparison from the Store items and the ingame items is stupid.
    I do get the point of people saying " don't like it, don't buy it". BUT would you like a company to spend time on things you want what you already "deserve (see= you pay subscription so you get to see things.) or want to pay a sub for nothing ? The dropping sub numbers are not a 100% accurate point in the game getting worse, but the increasing amount of posts here and on the official forums regarding "satisfaction" from this game are skyrocketing through the roof. Especially the ones where the "satisfaction-meter" is below 0.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I know right ;D

    But yeah,models are hyped too much to end up in the cash shop.
    I'm not sure, I think they could end up in the cash shop, and why not?

    - They will make more money from them if the users have to purchase each race individually.
    - You only buy the races you want, have no intention of ever playing a gnome, save €10. Not bad.
    - They can sell optional skins/models anytime.
    - People who don't want new models for their precious avatar since 8+ years gets an easy choice.

    Also, I'm pretty sure the next expansion will sell with or without new models.

    Anyway, I'm not saying I think its a good thing, but not sure if it would be all bad.

    Edit: Maybe I should have replied to apepi instead, sorry.

  18. #298
    Players farm reputation for one or two months to become exalted and get a mount/equipment. Now in Blizzard Store, player buy those things directly without paying the time and subscription fee. I think the two situations are quite similar.

  19. #299
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I'm sorry you just now discovered Blizzard is a company that is interested in making money.
    This, it wouldn't be any different even if they only existed with the Store and no monthly, people would STILL complain then...

  20. #300
    Scarab Lord Nivis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    4,713
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Yeah it's Lesser Charms, but it is still NOT a cosmetic thing, and where will it end?
    I have...maybe 8000 of them. So for me, it doesn't make any difference.

    I do however agree that they probably shouldn't sell them.
    Not necessarily because I regard it as P2W by any means, seeing how extremely easy they are obtainable ingame...but because it somehow destroys the sole purpose why they were introduced in the first place.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •