PI vs DI at high haste levels

Hey guys, I'm currently at around 16.2k haste, which is still a little off from 18.2k, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if PI is not worth taking over DI anymore, even on fights like H:Jinrokh?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good question, there is an identical topic already on H2P.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3921

Me personally, I like DI a lot more. I like having a good up time on DP/SW:I

I think PI will always be worth taking on Jin, but probably not for anything else.

It's tough because the more gear you get, the shorter the fights are aswell. PI demolishes DI in openers. Shorter fights / fights where you have significant downtime (lei Shen transitions) PI performs better

As far as I've seen, math indicates that outside of the GCD cap PI is still better. I'm not at 18k haste, so I haven't checked to see if it even changes at that point. The only argument for DI overtaking PI has been feeling-based or other things like the self-healing from DP but nothing showing that DI is actually a DPS increase over PI for fights that don't favor DI due to the fight parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    As far as I've seen, math indicates that outside of the GCD cap PI is still better. I'm not at 18k haste, so I haven't checked to see if it even changes at that point. The only argument for DI overtaking PI has been feeling-based or other things like the self-healing from DP but nothing showing that DI is actually a DPS increase over PI for fights that don't favor DI due to the fight parameters.
    DI is also better with extremely high mastery (such as what we will have with our likely BIS combo next tier of aug proc + healing passive aug trinket), and also gives you a double benefit for mobility in that you can cast free/instant mindblasts while moving (which you can also use to stutterstep) and that you get higher overall uptime on DP, which makes movement during any one particular DP a proportionately smaller hit to your dps.

though, next tier it's going to be fairly irrelevant as 18.2k haste won't be hard to hit at all, and PI's paltry 5% damage buff isn't worth bothering with when you can't make good use of the haste.