Page 1 of 2
LastLast

kara theater bosses

So i have been trying to get the stupid gun off the big bad wolf boss for months on my hunter, but seems the rng gods despise me in this case as the wolf boss seems to only pop for me once once or twice a month on just one of my alts (i have 6 max toons)......so afraid i already know the answer to this but worth a shot to ask anyways, is it possible to say once the stage manager comes out and announces, to run out of the raid and reset to wind up with a different boss on the stage fight? any way at all to reset it like that cus i'm getting very very annoyed with how rare the wolf boss is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm afraid there's no way to reset it. I have a friend that is in the same situation as you, he also wants that gun big time and on the rare occasions when he fights the boss, the wolf doesn't cough up the goods. I'm advice to you is do what my friend did, keep trying every week, don't give up and in the meantime get another gun to be your "second best thing".

Well, That's weird. I've done Karazhan around 8-9 times on my warrior. (Only doing it for fun). Everytime the wolf boss have been there, didn't even know there was other bosses.. So I guess you've just had shitty luck, but just keep doing it. That's more or less the only way of getting it, just hope the RNG gods change their ways with you soon
    Last edited by Xeion; 2013-07-16 at 04:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the RNG gods can be cruel and fickle like that. Take me for example, I've been killing Kael'thas for years trying to get Ashes of Al'ar and nothing. My hunter friend? He killed him 3 times and saw it drop twice. He doesn't believe me when I tell him the mount was supposed to be rare.

Nope, no way to reset, like Galbrei said.

If it helps, I can tell you that he does drop the gun. I've seen it twice, recently, and thought it'd be great for a goblin hunter.

If you got a few alts at 90, wouldn't it be possible to clear there with them and check which boss you got, then use the save to kill the boss with the hunter if it's the right one? This would mean you atleast got a bigger chance of seeing the boss each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't soft or hard reset the boss. Once the Opera boss is "picked" on the backend, that is your boss for the week.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Yeah, the RNG gods can be cruel and fickle like that. Take me for example, I've been killing Kael'thas for years trying to get Ashes of Al'ar and nothing. My hunter friend? He killed him 3 times and saw it drop twice. He doesn't believe me when I tell him the mount was supposed to be rare.
    ya i been solo'ing it since cata too and had a guildie mention that he got it in 3 freaking attempts.....he is no longer my friend lmao

- - - Updated - - -

does anyone know if you could do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    If you got a few alts at 90, wouldn't it be possible to clear there with them and check which boss you got, then use the save to kill the boss with the hunter if it's the right one? This would mean you atleast got a bigger chance of seeing the boss each week.
    anyone know if this would work?

Very interesting... I've been going back to Kara for weeks in a row now, ever since the addition of Raiding With Leashes II, and it's been big bad wolf every single time. I thought that they might have gotten rid of Oz and Romeo & Juliet since the implementation of the achievement, but I guess not!

Wish I could help. :/
    If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dyerigan View Post
    anyone know if this would work?
    It should work, if you can have a friend help you transfer the lockout to yourself.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Run it on your alts first, once you get to Wolf boss have a friend zone in. Then switch to your hunter and zonein.

a couple things. for one, i seem to get the big bad wolf like 4 out of 5 times so i guess i'm just lucky. the gun drops almost every time, too... however, why don't you run up to the opera event with alts you dont care about and transfer the lockout to your hunter once you have a lockout on the wolf boss? sorry my shift key barely works so my capitalization is horrible.

ya i just tried it, got the wolf boss had friend take the save.....transfered it to my alt and it recorded the save as though he'd killed it too, even though he left group before the kill

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    do runs with him lol might be your good luck charm
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea if it's like this, but once you kill the first boss, I think it has already decided what the opera boss will be.

Run it on alts until wolf boss pops up - use a friend to get raid ID - join on your hunter - profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It should work, if you can have a friend help you transfer the lockout to yourself.
    We did that back in BC, you can bring other people in for the boss and it stays the same. People used to bring their hunter alts in for that gun because it was supposedly best weapon until t6 because of the speed or something?
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

What I did was have a couple of friends check what boss they got and if they got the wolf I used their instance.

They really should implement a "select your show" feature.