View Poll Results: Kiel or Gnashblade?

Voters
138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kiel

    57 41.30%
  • Gnashblade

    66 47.83%
  • undecided

    15 10.87%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Oh look. Yet another entire update I couldn't give two shits about.

    Seriously, Anet. Stop piddle farting around with this retarded "side-story" shit and get back on track with the Elder Dragons!

    If I don't get some meaningful Elder Dragon content before Wildstar and ESO come out, then I'm saying goodbye to GW2 for good. Enough is enough.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh look. Yet another entire update I couldn't give two shits about.

    Seriously, Anet. Stop piddle farting around with this retarded "side-story" shit and get back on track with the Elder Dragons!

    If I don't get some meaningful Elder Dragon content before Wildstar and ESO come out, then I'm saying goodbye to GW2 for good. Enough is enough.
    Sorry to say, but then i'm guessing you won't be around next year as Colin said in the interview that the Living Story will be going on pretty much for the rest of they year and we'll MAYBE see things like regions and dragons next year when they decide if they want to do it via Living Story or boxed expansions.

    I'd personally wait for thursday to see what "big" plans they have, maybe something will interest you.

  3. #43
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,462
    Voted for Gnashblade!

    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Voted for Gnashblade!
    Not you too Shamanic! QQ

  5. #45
    Gnashblade just for a little bit of GW1 in GW2 :P

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Voted for Gnashblade!

    Here is your complimentary pin.

    And Colin thanks you

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Voted for Gnashblade!

    All I see is my cat in Charr form when I look at that poster.


  8. #48
    Well that explains everything Lane... dang cats and their dominance over the internet! The time has come for the Rise of the Corgis!!!!

    (actually at this point I don't even care who wins lol)

  9. #49
    I don't really care who wins, I want to see both dungeons. Do you guys think we will see both eventually? I am very curious to see what they would do with the Thaumanova Reactor. Anet must have thought it could be just as cool as the Fall of Abaddon or they would have chosen another dungeon to compete.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I don't really care who wins, I want to see both dungeons. Do you guys think we will see both eventually? I am very curious to see what they would do with the Thaumanova Reactor. Anet must have thought it could be just as cool as the Fall of Abaddon or they would have chosen another dungeon to compete.
    They haven't started on either dungeons. The dungeons are just ideas where we choose which one we want.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I don't really care who wins, I want to see both dungeons. Do you guys think we will see both eventually? I am very curious to see what they would do with the Thaumanova Reactor. Anet must have thought it could be just as cool as the Fall of Abaddon or they would have chosen another dungeon to compete.
    I have a feeling that both will eventually make it into the game. They probably have all the ideas planned out for both dungeons such as pathing, trash mobs, bosses, etc it's just a matter of putting those ideas into coding and art. The vote is probably just to see which gets priority and the second one could come out somewhere else down the line as a surprise of sorts.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    I have a feeling that both will eventually make it into the game. They probably have all the ideas planned out for both dungeons such as pathing, trash mobs, bosses, etc it's just a matter of putting those ideas into coding and art. The vote is probably just to see which gets priority and the second one could come out somewhere else down the line as a surprise of sorts.
    Actually during an interview that MMORPG had with Colin Johanson he told the interviewer that "Whichever one gets voted in, the other will very likely never be added to the game. Not only will this content be permanently added and chosen by us, but we’ll also be deciding which one is banished to the potential ether."

    Makes sense, there are plenty of other stories and mysteries to find out if one of these aren't picked. That is why I'm going for Kiel. I don't want to go backwards in lore, I want to go forwards and the reactor explosion is something that is relevant to GW2.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Actually during an interview that MMORPG had with Colin Johanson he told the interviewer that "Whichever one gets voted in, the other will very likely never be added to the game. Not only will this content be permanently added and chosen by us, but we’ll also be deciding which one is banished to the potential ether."

    Makes sense, there are plenty of other stories and mysteries to find out if one of these aren't picked. That is why I'm going for Kiel. I don't want to go backwards in lore, I want to go forwards and the reactor explosion is something that is relevant to GW2.
    Oh well I guess there you go. I did not know about this interview when I made my last post, actually made my post long before the interview was even done. Would be nice to have them add the other one in anyways at a later time, because more options is always better for those who enjoy running fractals.

    I'm going for Kiel mainly for the part that she's already been playing in these past living story updates. I've had far more interaction with her than with Gnashblade.

  14. #54
    I think I read somewhere that the Fall of Abaddon is referring to his original imprisonment and not what happened in GW1, sorry if someone posted that already. Please guys vote for him, it could be amazing.

  15. #55
    Elemental Lord Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    8,936
    To be honest I'm undecided yet. Still, from a story point of view I'm more inclined to vote with Gnashblade. Why? Because Kiel is great as an inspector. Having her sit in the office with the other pirates of Lion's Arch isn't promoting her, it's actually locking her up and stopping her from doing her job. Plus, she wasn't so interested in getting into politics from the start.
    Also, I fear Magnus is trying to push her there into politics so she's be indebt to him and always vote for his ideas in the council.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    To be honest I'm undecided yet. Still, from a story point of view I'm more inclined to vote with Gnashblade. Why? Because Kiel is great as an inspector. Having her sit in the office with the other pirates of Lion's Arch isn't promoting her, it's actually locking her up and stopping her from doing her job. Plus, she wasn't so interested in getting into politics from the start.
    Also, I fear Magnus is trying to push her there into politics so she's be indebt to him and always vote for his ideas in the council.
    My thing is, at this point we have Kiel, a character who is doing things, vs Gnashblade, a character we see nothing about, really. If we vote Kiel, does Gnashblade expand into some role or just remain anonymous?

    Voting Gnashblade might give us two elements (him as pirate captain, her as inspector) vs just Kiel as inspector/captain.

    But who knows either way.

    I'm afraid the Abaddon thing will be more cutscene than encounter, but then I really don't do dungeons anyway so I guess it doesn't matter.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    To be honest I'm undecided yet. Still, from a story point of view I'm more inclined to vote with Gnashblade. Why? Because Kiel is great as an inspector. Having her sit in the office with the other pirates of Lion's Arch isn't promoting her, it's actually locking her up and stopping her from doing her job. Plus, she wasn't so interested in getting into politics from the start.
    Also, I fear Magnus is trying to push her there into politics so she's be indebt to him and always vote for his ideas in the council.
    That is actually a pretty good point you've made there.

    I think I'm still voting for Kiel though regardless of that excellent point, there's no telling how either characters development will play out after their elected or not elected. I think it will certainly be interesting though.

    Also even though I probably won't do the fractal it would still nice to have the reactor fractal due to it actually having a current visual impact on the world.

  18. #58
    While I would LOVE to vote for Kiel (humans ftw!), I will go for Gnashblade because the Fall of Abbadon dungeon seems so much more cool than some lame "yet another failed asura experiment"
    Every good deed shall be rightfully punished. *** If you want to have something done right, you have to do it yourself.

  19. #59
    Dreadlord Scyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Horymir View Post
    While I would LOVE to vote for Kiel (humans ftw!), I will go for Gnashblade because the Fall of Abbadon dungeon seems so much more cool than some lame "yet another failed asura experiment"
    Yeah same here. I prefer humans over charrs but the Fall of Abbadon interests me much more

  20. #60
    Don't care who wins but i'm solely voting for Kiel because i hate following whats "popular"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •