Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I apologise if this is blatantly obvious and I'm just missing it... But what the hell does DA stand for? All throughout this thread I see it being used... I'm getting that DS is Dark Soul, and AD is Archimonde's Darkness, but people are also referring to DA, which I know to be Dark Apotheosis... Which seems completely and utterly irrelevant in this context. Is DA the abbreviation for the name of one of the new trinkets coming next tier, or...???

Quote Originally Posted by ZaneBusby View Post
    So I apologise if this is blatantly obvious and I'm just missing it... But what the hell does DA stand for? All throughout this thread I see it being used... I'm getting that DS is Dark Soul, and AD is Archimonde's Darkness, but people are also referring to DA, which I know to be Dark Apotheosis... Which seems completely and utterly irrelevant in this context. Is DA the abbreviation for the name of one of the new trinkets coming next tier, or...???
    Archida = Archi da = Archi Da= Archimonde's Darkness ; The new talent that gives you 2xDark Soul

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Do you know if the CD on AD'd DS is reset like other 4 min cds on wipes? May be something to point out if not.
    I thought cds had to be 5+ min to reset on boss wipe ? Is it 4+ ??

In any event I don't see it qualifying. Technically it's two two-minute cds ...
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I thought cds had to be 5+ min to reset on boss wipe ? Is it 4+ ??

In any event I don't see it qualifying. Technically it's two two-minute cds ...
    Is it 5? I was under the impression it was 4 minutes for some reason.

Still, having to wait 4 minutes between pulls is a bit overkill and I can totally see my guild pulling while I only have one charge. : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    Archida = Archi da = Archi Da= Archimonde's Darkness ; The new talent that gives you 2xDark Soul
    So basically you're saying people are abbreviating "Archimonde's Darkness" into "DA", the first 2 letters of "Darkness", instead of "AD", the first letter of each word, like 99.9% of other people use... Damn that's confusing... Why the hell are they doing that? :\ Thanks for clarifying for me though.

Is it 5? I was under the impression it was 4 minutes for some reason.

Still, having to wait 4 minutes between pulls is a bit overkill and I can totally see my guild pulling while I only have one charge. : /
    To be fair, even if they pulled when you only had a single charge, would it not be up in time to use it again, most of the time? I mean I'm assuming you would be picking up the amplification trinket ASAP, due to the amount of theory crafting earlier in this thread saying it would be OP as hell. But unless you're looking to do back-to-back Dark Soul's off the bat, then I wouldn't be worried.

Tbh though, I see this being worst case possible scenario if they recharged individually after a wipe anyway:

0:00- DS on pull. (1 charge remaining)
    0:21- DS again. (0 charges remaining)
    0:45- Wipe very early on because of bad mistake.
    2:00- 1 DS charge (1 charge remaining)
    2:15- Ready for next pull. (1 charge remaining)
    2:20- DS on pull. (0 charges remaining).
    4:00- 2nd DS charge (1 remaining).

Unless you were looking to use a 2nd DS before 1:40 into the 2nd pull, then you should be fine. If not, then yeah, you'd have a problem. I mean, again, I'm just going with the idea you'd be trying to get the amplification trinket, where you would need a DS every 1:45 to match up with it, so if I'm correct in that assumption, then you'll be fine.

Alternatively I would imagine if you deselected AD as your level 90 talent, then reselected it, it would reset the CD on DS and put it straight up to 2 charges again. Kinda like how currently if you have GoSac and have already sac'd your pet, then decide to change a talent from a different tier, it takes off the sac buff and you need to re-sac your pet. Although having to use up a tome of the clear mind on every pull your guild won't wait for your CDs is definitely going to be an inconvenience if it does become something we need to do.

So basically you're saying people are abbreviating "Archimonde's Darkness" into "DA", the first 2 letters of "Darkness", instead of "AD", the first letter of each word, like 99.9% of other people use... Damn that's confusing... Why the hell are they doing that? :\ Thanks for clarifying for me though.

To be fair, even if they pulled when you only had a single charge, would it not be up in time to use it again, most of the time? I mean I'm assuming you would be picking up the amplification trinket ASAP, due to the amount of theory crafting earlier in this thread saying it would be OP as hell. But unless you're looking to do back-to-back Dark Soul's off the bat, then I wouldn't be worried.

Tbh though, I see this being worst case possible scenario if they recharged individually after a wipe anyway:

0:00- DS on pull. (1 charge remaining)
    0:21- DS again. (0 charges remaining)
    0:45- Wipe very early on because of bad mistake.
    2:00- 1 DS charge (1 charge remaining)
    2:15- Ready for next pull. (1 charge remaining)
    2:20- DS on pull. (0 charges remaining).
    4:00- 2nd DS charge (1 remaining).

Unless you were looking to use a 2nd DS before 1:40 into the 2nd pull, then you should be fine. If not, then yeah, you'd have a problem. I mean, again, I'm just going with the idea you'd be trying to get the amplification trinket, where you would need a DS every 1:45 to match up with it, so if I'm correct in that assumption, then you'll be fine.

Alternatively I would imagine if you deselected AD as your level 90 talent, then reselected it, it would reset the CD on DS and put it straight up to 2 charges again. Kinda like how currently if you have GoSac and have already sac'd your pet, then decide to change a talent from a different tier, it takes off the sac buff and you need to re-sac your pet. Although having to use up a tome of the clear mind on every pull your guild won't wait for your CDs is definitely going to be an inconvenience if it does become something we need to do.
    You can't change talents while an ability that is affected by the talent is on cooldown. This is another concern I have of having to wait for the full 2 charges to be able to change talents.

That's under the assumption of one trinket, most people won't get until far into the content. I'd rather not rely on that assumption. : /

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't change talents while an ability that is affected by the talent is on cooldown. This is another concern I have of having to wait for the full 2 charges to be able to change talents.

That's under the assumption of one trinket, most people won't get until far into the content. I'd rather not rely on that assumption. : /
    Shit, really? Well then. I actually had no idea lol. Not something I've really ever tried. I doubt it'll go live without resetting the CD then, otherwise it could lead to a huge QoL issue, not being able to switch talents for 4 mins. I doubt Blizz would let something as huge as THAT slip. I could be wrong though.

And yeah my bad, I was just thinking that DS balanced around trinket procs instead of around back-to-back DS's would be the way to go. Can't say for certain though. But if Blizz screw it up though and let it slide, would your guild not be willing to wait an extra 1 min for your CDs to come off before pulling? I mean you guys ARE 13/13H, I doubt a guild of that caliber would have an issue waiting for a DPS CD every now and again... Unless you're only worried about bosses on farm, in which case, yeah that'd be lame lol.

Shit, really? Well then. I actually had no idea lol. Not something I've really ever tried. I doubt it'll go live without resetting the CD then, otherwise it could lead to a huge QoL issue, not being able to switch talents for 4 mins. I doubt Blizz would let something as huge as THAT slip. I could be wrong though.

And yeah my bad, I was just thinking that DS balanced around trinket procs instead of around back-to-back DS's would be the way to go. Can't say for certain though. But if Blizz screw it up though and let it slide, would your guild not be willing to wait an extra 1 min for your CDs to come off before pulling? I mean you guys ARE 13/13H, I doubt a guild of that caliber would have an issue waiting for a DPS CD every now and again... Unless you're only worried about bosses on farm, in which case, yeah that'd be lame lol.
    I was mostly referring to farm. :P

I'm not seeing anyone referring to DA in this thread but you ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    He's just confused by a typo ><

10+ Year Old Account
    This + the wait time after wipe might be too long, if you pull quickly. Not sure they'll do anything about it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Both Pepsimax and Ichifails on page 1 reference "DA" a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    He's just confused by a typo ><
    That's a pretty bad typo. It makes it hard to tell if they were aiming for "DS" and hit "a" instead of "s", or got their letters for "AD" backwards. :\ But I hope it IS actually just a typo, or I'm going to get bloody confused with people abbreviating Archimonde's Darkness into both "AD" (expected) and "DA" (short for "darkness") for the rest of this tier.

Both Pepsimax and Ichifails on page 1 reference "DA" a few times.

That's a pretty bad typo. It makes it hard to tell if they were aiming for "DS" and hit "a" instead of "s", or got their letters for "AD" backwards. :\ But I hope it IS actually just a typo, or I'm going to get bloody confused with people abbreviating Archimonde's Darkness into both "AD" (expected) and "DA" (short for "darkness") for the rest of this tier.
    My part is either because I'm retarded or because I was a bit too sleep deprived.

it could lead to a huge QoL issue, not being able to switch talents for 4 mins.

It is already the case - Use your abyssal/whatever improved doomguard is, and try and change talents... 10min wait. Less commonly a problem because you traditionally wipe/have trash before you *have* to respec, but ToES style fast raids don't work so great

Quote Originally Posted by myrlock View Post
    It is already the case - Use your abyssal/whatever improved doomguard is, and try and change talents... 10min wait. Less commonly a problem because you traditionally wipe/have trash before you *have* to respec, but ToES style fast raids don't work so great
    Yeah, but at least Doomguard/Infernal reset on wipe. There'd be no alternative for DS.

Side note: I'm confused about this quote. I didn't say that, and that text is actually from the quote in my post which was quoted.