2 Disc Priests in a 10 man raid group , should be a problem?

Hello everyone! I am a resto druid in a somewhat casual raid group. We started raiding pretty recently and have cleared normal ToT with a healing comp of myself , and a holy paladin with our shadow priest speccing to disc to act as a third healer when it was needed.

Unfortunately , our holy paladin had to quit raiding due to personal reasons , we have been working hard on recruiting another healer , but we had no luck finding a good holy paladin. Due to how long it took , we decided to finally take a disc priest for a spin. This should not be a problem for the normal modes , as me and him should be able to two heal everything easily. But we intend to start delving into heroics , where I know some fights will require 3 healers. At that point we would have no choice but to have 2 disc priests and myself a resto druid as the healing comp.

I'm not well versed in Disc Priest mechanics, so that's why i'm not so sure about this. Is it possible that having an additional disc will nullify the effectiveness of the other?
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

Deleted
    It shouldnt be a proablem tbh, they will just have to communicate with each other for Spirit Shells and CDs so they dont Double up on fights.

Deleted
    Well dont people get a debuff after being shielded by a disco priest so they can't be shielded again? Also why can't your shadow priest just pick holy as an offspec?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Well dont people get a debuff after being shielded by a disco priest so they can't be shielded again? Also why can't your shadow priest just pick holy as an offspec?
    Spamming PW:Shield on Everyone is not really Effective in Raids. there strength is the Combination of Spirit Shell and Divine Ageis Procs to Avoid Damage being taken.

Deleted
    That's only for Power Word: Shield, there's still Divine Aegis from crits and Spirit Shells, Barriers etc. You can also glyph for Weakened Soul to reduce the length by 2 seconds and / or spam Heal / Flash Heal / Greater Heal to reduce the duration further.

As far as I know , she has never played holy and her current healing gear is heavily disc oriented. We can ask her to try and learn it , but we prefer to have people playing specs they are comfortable with.

I do know that you cannot have two PW:S on the same person , but is it possible to have two different Divine Aegis from two different priests? Kind of like two rejuvenation's ticking from two different druids.
    Last edited by Xsy; 2013-07-16 at 08:03 PM.

Shitty. At least atonement doesn't overlap. Really though, if theres going to consistently be you as a third healer (resto) you can make up and fill in the cracks of their non-constant throughput. One could also focus tanks, the other raid, for pws. Rapture could be an issue, though.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    2 disc and 1 resto druid isnt the best healer composition at all, but it can be done. It would help alot if 1 of the 2 priest learn holy

Deleted
    Ah okay I wasnt sure to what extent the debuff worked. My priest is still sitting naked at level 58 after i stripped him of his looms lol

The only real issue is that you have three proactive healers and no reactive ones. Disc Priests, Druids and Paladins are great for anticipating damage before it happens. Holy Priests, Shamans, and Monks are reactive healers that excel at recovering from damage that has already happened. At this stage in the game, it's not a large liability, but you should understand that there is a difference in dynamics depending on what kind of healing tools you've got.

Deleted
    But hey atleast you dont have any Shamans healing D thats a big ++

15+ Year Old Account
    we raided 2 disc/fistweaver and all 3 just spammed damage for ever boss fight. its amazing.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

As long as they are good players and it isn't overloading gear, two disc priests isn't an issue for 10. Holy is still mostly garbage so that really shouldn't be an option.

Thank's for the feedback guys. I will try to have one of them learn up holy , but otherwise we'll just go with 2 discs and make sure they are not overlapping in any way.

Deleted
    If it is normal then there really is no issue, for our alt runs we scrap together w/e we can find and never had an issue with healing even with OS using their ele / shadow gear with ele / shadow reforge healing in the correct spec.

Deleted
    Stay with 2 Disc. Its amazing, in 5.4 2 Disc+Resto druid might be the best healing setup.

If one of the priest (as mentioned above me) have a Shadow OS, your golden.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double disc is very effective. We've done a few full heroic clears with two, so they should work in normals as well.

As others have said, communication between them has to work though.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

Double disc is crazy OP. Just have at least one with a back-up holy spec for some fights, like heroic tortos, and you'll be more than fine.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

My raid group is just getting into heroics also and our 2 main healers are disc, they have no problem 2 healing all normals and so far 2 healing hc Jin rokh worked just fine. We will see how ji Kuhn and horridon go in the next weeks. Good luck

My group is 4/13 and pushing very well, and we 2 heal with 2 Disc or 3 heal with 2 disc and a pally when needed. We love that with 2 Disc we make up a low end DPS as well as heal. We do find that some DA go into overheal so it is not the most efficient, but it gets the job done. We have great single and raid heals, and good CDs. So if you both understand the ins and outs of the class, you should not have a problem.