Thread: Vuhdo + macros

Deleted

Vuhdo + macros

hi there i have had a look around the forums but cant seem to find my answer. should i just be plane blind then please slap my hand and show me where to go

Basically im using Vuhdo to heal as a holy/disc priest. the only problem i have when i switch between the two specs is my spells. i use Ctrl right click for both circle of healing and penance but vhudo doesn't seem to save them spells to different setups. so if im holy and i swap to disc my ctrl right click will still be circle of healing and if i change it save then swap back to holy its now penance. so i through i would make a macro and stick it in its place

"/cast penance
    /cast circle of healing"

the only problem with this is if i use it it wont cast it on the player i click but my current target. so where as with disc its set up to stay on who i select and not swap when i cast a spell ( i target the boss the full time) it cast penance on the boss or if out of ranged on myself and not the raid member i chose.

with holy my target changes to who i click on as i heal. but if im using the macro it will stay on the target i have currently and not the player in the vhudo raid frame. for example i heal player "A" with heal he is my target i then want to heal player "B" with circle of healing but rather than heal him and the 5 nearest i heal player "A" and his nearest.

so my question is is there a way to write the macro or change the config in vhudo to get this to work?

if you couldn't understand that please say and ill try to explain it another way ( im not to good at explaining :P)

cheers for any help

ollie

10+ Year Old Account
    /cast [spec:1, @vuhdo] Penance; [spec:2, @vuhdo] Circle of Healing

or which ever spec is which

i do the something similar with

/cast [spec:2] !Chakra: Serenity
    /cast [spec:1, @vuhdo] Penance; [spec:2, @vuhdo] Holy Word: Chastise

and another
    /cast [spec:1, @vuhdo] Power Word: Shield; [spec:2, @vuhdo] Renew
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-07-16 at 08:22 PM.

Deleted
    thank you i will give that a go hopefully it works

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vuhdo has profiles, you could make one for each spec with different spell bindings for each. I think this might require you to manually change the profile in Vuhdo when you switch as I don't think it detects what spec you're in.

Deleted
    this works a treat allows me to cast what i want on who i want with out targeting issues. only problem i have know is where i through i could be clever and transverse over what you have taught me onto another macro my self i have failed badly. i am trying for a macro that casts

/cast Inner Focus
    /cast Prayer of Healing

so in one spec it casts prayer of healing all the time and the other it cast inner focus when off cool down and prayer of healing when ever i click it any other time messed around with the spec 1 vuhdo thing (cant type it out fully as i have not posted a few times and its counting it as an image/link) spell name but to no avail.

so tryed

/cast [spec 1 thing] inner focus; Prayer of healing ; [spec 2 thing] payer of healing

or

/cast [spec 1 thing inner focus
    /cast [spec1 thing] payer of healing
    /cast [spec 2 thing] payer of healing

tho thinking about it if i did just

/cast [spec 1 thing] inner focus
    /cast prayer of healing

would that work?

and finally tried making an new macro that did

/run RunScript(GetMacroName("macro name") [spec 1 thing] *also moved this to before the RunScrip bit*
    /cast [spec 2 thing] prayer of healing

but none seem to work so any help is much appreciated
    Last edited by mmocc485de3e76; 2013-07-19 at 11:47 PM.