Thread: Too many pets

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too many pets

remove half of them and stop giving them smart ai and auto abilities. un-fun uninteresting mechanic and its out of control.

Deleted
    Ok, I'm all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    Ok, I'm all over it.
    thanks, if you could just have it on my desk by friday that would be greeeeeeat.

I'm assuming you mean Hunter Pets, and not Battle Pets.

The fact is, they are fun and interesting. Would you rather have the Hunters control everything the pet does, because that would just be boring, and completely against the fact that they've tamed a wild beast, and they've become great friends who work together as a unit.

I can only assume you just got totally wrecked in a Battleground though, and are just raging ...

What does the number of pets have to do with their AI and mechanics, and how is there being a large number of them affecting you in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Hunter Pets, and not Battle Pets.

The fact is, they are fun and interesting. Would you rather have the Hunters control everything the pet does, because that would just be boring, and completely against the fact that they've tamed a wild beast, and they've become great friends who work together as a unit.

I can only assume you just got totally wrecked in a Battleground though, and are just raging ...
    no this is a legitimate complaint. and its not just hunter pets, although hunter pets are bullshit. im talking about warlock pets and spriest pets too. its a terrible mechanic because it only adds to the automation of the game.

You obviously do not play a pet class if you complain about the automation of it.
    There is no legitimate complaint here, just a general rant that all pets are exactly the same.
    You got knocked on your backside by a pet and come here to complain about it.

Deleted
    This thread:

OP: Something silly and barely intelligible.
    Posters: Ahaaaaa, you got owned by a hunter!^

Lets not make posts like these. If it wasn't for the fact you are banned now, I'd have infracted you for this.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-16 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orioxez View Post
    no this is a legitimate complaint. and its not just hunter pets, although hunter pets are bullshit. im talking about warlock pets and spriest pets too. its a terrible mechanic because it only adds to the automation of the game.
    Hunter & Warlock pets are fine, and seeing as the Priest Pet you're most likely talking about is their Shadow, it has a pathetic 5 HP ... Until Patch 5.4, just hit the damn thing.

This honestly sounds more of a player issue, then poor game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    It strikes me as weird how people dont know to turn off those bars in the standard blizz set up. no addon needed
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    I would agree on the pets following you extreme distances in BGs, thus preventing you from being able to mount, even though the hunter is nowhere to be seen or is not fighting with you. Other mechanics-wise i don't see the issue.

I think the BM pets do a bit too much of the damage proportion between player and pet too though....

This thread:

Posters: Ahaaaaa, you got owned by a hunter!
    its fairly clear what im saying, perhaps you need a better grasp of english.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Brilliant. Care to elaborate? Did you know this is not the Blizzard forum? If it was, do you think designers are at your wish and command...with such a generalizing post?
    youre right this isnt the blizzard forum, youre very smart. im offering up a topic for discussion friend, as this is a forum for talking about wow pvp. thanks for your brilliant contributions to the thread though.

This thread:

Posters: Ahaaaaa, you got owned by a hunter!
    Yeh - That is exactly what is happening here. Look at all these posts ridiculing and mockin-- wait ...

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    You obviously do not play a pet class if you complain about the automation of it.
    There is no legitimate complaint here, just a general rant that all pets are exactly the same.
    You got knocked on your backside by a pet and come here to complain about it.
    i didnt get owned by a pet, but they are annoying and i dont think the expansion of that game mechanic adds anything to the game in fact it detracts from good game play.

for the love of God make pets LEASH!. I just dont understand how Im halfway across a BG map with a lock/hunter pet charging at me? Or how Im on the other side of the map with the damn thing still beating on me. Spiders are the worst. Yea I love the fact that the Hunter isnt even in sight yet his pet is allowed to spam roots on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dabrix32 View Post
    for the love of God make pets LEASH!. I just dont understand how Im halfway across a BG map with a lock/hunter pet charging at me? Or how Im on the other side of the map with the damn thing still beating on me. Spiders are the worst. Yea I love the fact that the Hunter isnt even in sight yet his pet is allowed to spam roots on me.
    thats part of the problem, pets should have a very short range on the player

thats part of the problem, pets should have a very short range on the player
    Care to explain why? This just sounds stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post

If the hunter is out of bow range why the hell should his pet be allowed to attack?

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    because the idea of range on abilities is a concept for everything in the game, except pets. they can chase you across half the bg and have unlimited range in arenas. the mechanic is stupid and should have been fixed years ago. now that pets are being made into demi-gods with massive health pools and complimented abilities that means giving them some proper parameters.

10+ Year Old Account
    pets should have a very short range on the player
    Define "Short Range", because one of the advantages of having a pet is being able to still do damage when the target that is LoS of you as well as being able to help as a 'catch up' mechanic as well depending on the pet. If the range of a leashing effect is too short then the pet becomes useless in those regards. Yes I agree that pets are annoying and in general sense I hate them for being annoying but they have an essential role to fill for the classes that use them.

Now let's get some technicalities out of the way here. When you say "Their is too many pets" I'm going to assume you mean "guardians" rather then pets. Pets are limited to 1 per master, while guardians themselves are only limited by the ability in question. Now, I agree with you to an extent on that theirs too many guardians. What I mean by this is the amount of guardians that can be zerged via a CD, Demo's imp CD and Army of dead are prime examples of this. Granted those are CD's and CD's should feel powerful and one why to feel powerful on a "pet" based ability is to have a lot of them at once it's just annoying when target limited cc gets involved (Psychic Scream for example), and is the main reason I hate them.
    Last edited by Ramaloce; 2013-07-16 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Grammar/spelling