Earth Shock, a must?

I'm leveling as Enh atm, I just dropped Earth Shock from my bars, since mobs die quicker than I can use that spell, and I don't really PvP at low level at all.
    I tried 90 Enh on PTR, one more spell I'm going to get is Unleash, and it's all fine, but Earth Shock is still a pain in the ass even at 90.
    How much damage does it do? I mean what %? If it's like 1-2% of total damage then I might just skip it and have easier time with rotation. In time I guess, when I'm more used to stuff, Earth Shock might not piss me off so much, but for now I really feel we have 1 spell too much in our rotation.
    Oh and Elemental Blast (if I spec it), one MORE spell, guys, how many fingers have you got exactly?

Yes use es whenever you arent flame shocking. There seems to be downtime as is for me where I am just waiting for things to come off of cd. As for elemental blast just make a shift binding for it. When I tried it I had it bound to shift+4 because 4 is my lightning bolt so it worked quite well. Also I know I will get crucified for this but I have a cast sequence macro for unleash and flameshock. One press it unleashes then the next press it flame shocks. Yes that means sometimes I overlap fs but I already have es and frost shock on 2 with shift modifiers and alt or ctrl arent comfortable for me while hitting the standard 1_7.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I've tried hitting dummy for couple minutes, Earth Shock does about 5-6% of total damage, which is quite a nice chunk of damage, but instead of ES I would FS way more often, which also has instant damage component, but slightly lower than ES, this way I think I'd lose no more than 1-2% of damage. Which is the end of the world for some of you I know, but having in mind that I won't be raiding HC... who cares!
    Anyone else did something similar when you just started Enh?

Deleted
    its not the biggest deal, but keep in mind that ES benefits from the Stormstrike debuff and therefore can hit quite a lot more than the instant dmg from FS.
    I know i dont got the most efficient keybinds, but i got my main abilities as such:
    1.SS, 2.UE, 3.FS, 4.ES, 5.LL, 6.LB, 7.CL, 8.FN
    And in most AoE situations I tend to click on the FN if im on the move.
    Last edited by mmocf1f5ba6e9b; 2013-07-16 at 11:44 PM.

might as well unbind lightning bolt at the rate you're going.
    Arena Master Elemental Shaman
    Maeros@Illidan
    http://www.twitch.tv/chroniclinex
    http://www.youtube.com/chroniclinex

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If youre having trouble with the rotation as it is, drop EB and go for UE which will probably be better for you at your ilvl anyway. You should be using UE regardless if you spec into it so its not an "extra spell"

Earth Shock is a "Everything else is on CD" button. While its not as important as say LB, if youre having trouble fitting it into your rotation, youre in for a world of hurt later on.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    If youre having trouble with the rotation as it is, drop EB and go for UE which will probably be better for you at your ilvl anyway. You should be using UE regardless if you spec into it so its not an "extra spell"

Earth Shock is a "Everything else is on CD" button. While its not as important as say LB, if youre having trouble fitting it into your rotation, youre in for a world of hurt later on.
    Actually I found a way to fit everything in my rotation very nicely, except Elemental Blast, can't spec to that yet, we'll see how that goes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CHRONIClinex View Post
    might as well unbind lightning bolt at the rate you're going.
    go fuck yourself

10+ Year Old Account
    Just download Shock and Awe or EnhPrio.

Flame Shock lasts about 30 seconds, so you go:

FS (0 seconds)
    ES (6 or 5 if elem)
    ES (12 or 10)
    ES (18 or 15)
    ES (24 or 20)
    FS for Enha at 30 seconds from the first FS, while Elemental can do another ES at 25 seconds - then do the FS at 30 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Flame Shock lasts about 30 seconds, so you go:

FS (0 seconds)
    ES (6 or 5 if elem)
    ES (12 or 10)
    ES (18 or 15)
    ES (24 or 20)
    FS for Enha at 30 seconds from the first FS, while Elemental can do another ES at 25 seconds - then do the FS at 30 seconds.
    Last time I checked, recasting FS while UF is up is still an increase in DPS over ES.