Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Meh,I tried it for an hour then gave up. A shitty looking "ledgendary" wasn't worth more then an hours effort. Blizzard didn't put any effort into the ledgendary models so why should I put any effort into getting it?
    I don't know about you, but I put effort in because I am in a progression raiding guild. I see me not taking advantage of what I can to put out some extra damage as being disrespectful to the others on my raid team. If you are in a guild working on progression you should do the same. If you are not, you don't really need the cloak anyways and I can understand not going after it.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    Spec unholy.
    Doesn't need a nerf.
    Because letting people play as the spec they like is unfair
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Well really depends on the class killed it in less than 15 seconds on my undergeared mage ...
    you did 19million damage in 15seconds on an undergeared mage? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Don't see why it wouldn't be possible as frost, especially the snap AOE on the mirror images. Just pointing out a fairly simple strategy as Unholy. Not like he has to change his class is it? Can take the bus back to sarcasmland now.
    Last edited by mmoc0cdb03e806; 2013-07-17 at 04:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could not make it as frost DK. So I tried the tank challenge and did it in a few tries (much much easier than the melee DPS one).

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    you did 19million damage in 15seconds on an undergeared mage? o.O
    Think they were talking about the Tear Blobs.

Doesnt need a nerf. It is meant to be challenging. It took me quite a lot of attempts to get the rhythm down as well. Just keep with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS challenges are fine, the tank and healer ones need to be made harder.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dps challenge is a challenge I will give you that, but there are some confirmed bugs that happen to make this truly frustrating. One is the bloods will sometimes get to 1 HP and then won't die. That is a game over for most folks. The second thing is the cleave animation doesn't line up with the actual hit zone of the cleave. It is slightly off which also leads to some frustration as well. So yeah if they can fix those two things and lower the health of the bloods a little... Just a little I think it will make a lot of people happy. I'm talking 10% health reduction here, that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    TOne is the bloods will sometimes get to 1 HP and then won't die. That is a game over for most folks. The second thing is the cleave animation doesn't line up with the actual hit zone of the cleave. It is slightly off which also leads to some frustration as well. So yeah if they can fix those two things and lower the health of the bloods a little... Just a little I think it will make a lot of people happy. I'm talking 10% health reduction here, that's it.
    Yes, you are right. I did notice the bloods do that quite alot, didnt think it was a bug though, just thought it was another annoying little mechanic. But thanks for informing me
    And yes, just a small nerf for the blood is all that is needed, everything else is avoidable with some practice.

Found the tank one harder than the dps, melee and range one, maybe cause I did it first or the class I used

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    After all that grinding for the Secrets for weeks and you give up? :/
    If your not in for the look, why not the stats? Its far better than any cape available at the moment, and possibly still better than the capes in the next patch.
    It's a ledgendary. It's ment to look ledgendary. I don't care about stats. They are erelevant in one raid teir. The looks are what make them stay cool.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decisive The Hallowed View Post
    After all that grinding for the Secrets for weeks and you give up? :/
    If your not in for the look, why not the stats? Its far better than any cape available at the moment, and possibly still better than the capes in the next patch.
    Did they even add capes in the next patch? I dont recall seeing any, and even then, itll be better- 600 ilvl>570ish ilvl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Did they even add capes in the next patch? I dont recall seeing any, and even then, itll be better- 600 ilvl>570ish ilvl.
    I'm sure they wont force us to complete the Legendary Quest just so we can obtain a cape worthy of the Raid tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It's a ledgendary. It's ment to look ledgendary. I don't care about stats. They are erelevant in one raid teir. The looks are what make them stay cool.
    Not that I want to act as a vocabulary police but it is "legendary" and "irrelevant".

No, no, no, no, no. Its a classic case of L2P. Do more dps. LEARN what your class has. I've got a level 60 DK and even i know dark succor glyph exists. C'mon. Learn from your mistakes, don't complain on a forum about them.

I found it much harder as unholy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    It's perfectly possible with every spec. Some people prefer switching to easier specs to do it with instead of practising, though.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2013-07-17 at 12:09 PM.

I suck (key turner, backpedal, clicker, everything the people on this forum hate, etc.) and I couldn't do the DPS challenge as a frost DK. I have like 15 attempts on it. After that I gave up, went blood, tried the tanking challenge, and 1 shot it. I don't have any tanking gear either, it was just a blood specialization swap with all of my talents/glyphs from unholy. You're then able to choose any cloak you want regardless of the fact that you completed the tank challenge.

I one shoted it easily.... I mean, just watch a video and learn the mechanics and youll be fine.

My friend one-shot Wrathion as 2H Frost, doing about 490k DPS. I don't see how Frost would be bad... Howling Blast spam the adds, return to mauling Wrathion from behind.

It may depend on your gear. My friend is a 530+ 2H Frost DK. I had a REAL fun time as a 517 Ret Paladin... 30 some-odd wipes later I did pull it off. Gear makes the difference. If you are like me, an LFR-raider, it will be hard, it will be VERY hard. We aren't at the intended gear level (probably short 10-15 ilevels at least). It will be brutal, but it is designed to be. The "raid" components of the legendary quest line are all RNG-based. The challenge comes in the solo experience. Deal with it. If you can't do it, you weren't meant to earn it.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.